Status: The end... For now.

Sororum

Fera

I woke again for the third time that night. The first time was from a chill that the open window brought, though I had thought I had closed it before I went to bed. I couldn’t take it anymore; I got up off the bed and left my bedroom. Something inside of me felt off, like I was running thigh deep in water and I couldn’t move fast enough to the one person I really needed to see. I came to the doorway and knocked gently, and soft reply came, “Come in, Fera.”

I slipped in the door and saw Charles sitting on his bed, back against pillows on the head board with a novel in his hands. “I’m disturbing you..” I moved to leave but he just shut the book, set it on the bedside table and raised a hand, palm up to me. I sighed and crawled onto the bed to face him, my shoulders hunched, knowing fully that I looked like a complete mess.

“Something is bothering you.” He said, taking my chin between his fingers. “I don’t have to read your mind to know that.”

I blew out a sigh from between my lips, “I feel strange.” I lay down with my head resting on his thigh; he ran his fingers through my blonde hair soothingly. “Something’s wrong.”

“Take a break from training tomorrow,” he answered. I lifted my head to look at him, confused. “Have lunch with me.”

A blush spread itself on my cheeks and I studied his eyes, trying to guess his motive. We’d become incredibly close, and I could feel myself start to fall for him. I constantly guarded my thoughts of him though; the little moment when he caught me on the flight here was enough awkwardness for me. “Just you?”

He smiled softly and ran his hand down to my cheek, “Just me.” My blush spread further onto his face as he answered. I shifted so that I sat closer and looked directly at him; I squinted my eyes as I observed his face, a chuckle rumbled from inside of his chest and a smile broke out on his cheeks. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t understand you,” I said with a sigh and leaned away.

A pinch of hurt and confused crossed his features, “And why is that?”

I sighed again and let my own confusion cross my face, “I guess I just don’t know you enough yet.”

He bit the inside of his lip and I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to touch his lips with my own. Not an instant later his face lit up like a cherry and he began to stutter, “I-I’m so sorry—I didn’t m-mean—you were just thinking so loudly.”

My own eyes went wide and I could feel my face get hot. “Oh my God.” I covered my face with my hands and started to get up and off of the bed. I was so mortified, Oh my God.

“W-wait, Fera.” Charles reached out and got hold of my arm. I turned back around to face him and before I could get over the embarrassment I found myself looking into his beautiful blue eyes. I slowly sat back down on his bed and leaned over him, one arm on one side and the other was found resting with its fingers tracing his jawline. Charles’s one hand was resting tenderly on my waist and the other was slowly tangling itself into my hair.

I bit my lip as I let my eyes drop to look at his pale pink lips. We were close enough that I could feel and smell the minty breath escaping from his slightly parted mouth. “Yes?”

I surprised myself with how seductive my voice came out, but from his reaction of having his eyes flick down to my mouth and back into my eyes I was happy about it. He leaned in closer and this breath was very warm across my face. My heart accelerated as I did the same and our lips connected. It was like fireworks danced across my eyelids as they slid shut and before we could stop ourselves I felt him pull me closer and kiss me with more passion.

I could feel that both of our heart beats speed up, and when we ran out of breath we pulled apart and dove right back in. I finally gave into the feeling of needing him, I tugged on his shirt and he slipped his fingers under the hem of my own but stopped himself and pulled his lips away and leaned his forehead on my own. “I’m sorry to get so carried away.”

My voice dropped to a whisper and I blushed, “You weren’t the only one.”

We both let out a nervous laugh and faint sunlight started to slide through the window. “We’d better be getting ready for the day, I suppose.” I smiled shyly and got up from the bed, as I reached the doorway he spoke, “Are we still on for lunch then?”

I laughed lightly, “Yes. Is it alright if I take a break from morning training, Professor?”

He mocked authority, “Well now, you’re saying you want to skip?”

I held my small smile, “Perhaps.”

Charles laughed and waved me off, “I’ll see you at lunch.”

I slipped out into the thankfully empty hallway and ran to my room a couple halls down. I jumped on my bed and squealed into my pillow in a sudden burst of uncontrolled happiness. I sucked in a deep breath and decided that instead of training I’d go to the library and find a new book to read.

I dressed myself in just a plain pair of jeans and a plain white long sleeve and threw on my lace up biker boots. I brushed my hair out in the mirror and pulled it up and off of my face before heading down to the kitchen for some breakfast. Walking through the elegant hallways of the school was a feeling I still hadn’t gotten used to, there were children as young as nine or ten running around and there were people as old as Charles and myself, granted we were only in our early twenties but it was still a surreal experience.

I came to the kitchen and saw that Banshee, a redheaded goofball, was diving hungrily into a bowl of Lucky Charms. Mouth full, he glanced up and smiled at me, “Morning!”

I laughed and walked to the breadbox to grab a bagel, “Didn’t you ever learn to not talk with food in your mouth?”

He swallowed and shrugged, “Guess those lessons didn’t do much, huh?”

“Guess not,” I laughed.

“Are you going flying before or after lunch?” He asked as he took another spoonful of his breakfast. Banshee’s mutation was that he could screech so loudly that the sound waves could push him into the air when he wore his X Suit and break glass and render someone defenseless if their ears were unguarded.

I shrugged, “I was thinking of going to the library and getting a book in the morning. I’m free if you want to fly with me before dinner?”

He nodded, “Sounds good, air buddy!” He laughed and slurped in the remaining milk in his bowl, put it in the washer and left. Sighing I put my bagel in the toaster and waited to put on my own little blend of cinnamon sugar butter. After a few moments the timer dinged and I turned to get it out of the toaster.

“Hey,” Charles’s voice sounded from the doorway, I jumped in surprise, burning my hand in the process.

I let out a feline-like hiss and pulled my hand away. “Oooh that hurt.” Charles immediately wheeled up beside me, looks of worry and guilt shining on his face.

“I’m so sorry, this is entirely my fault.” He took my burnt hand in his own and I could tell he was calling to someone mentally. “Remedy will be here in a few moments to fix this.”

I smiled at him, pulled my hand away and got out my bagel from the toaster, placing it on the plate. “Do you want half? I’ll let you have some of my special butter.”

He chuckled and gladly accepted half of the meal. Remedy came scurrying down in her pajamas with a panicked look on her face, “What happened?”

“I just burned my hand on the toaster, not a big deal.” I said showing her the burn, of course I played it down, but on the inside I was crying at how badly the wound hurt.

“You acted like her head was on fire!” Remedy exclaimed before taking my hand between her own. Her palms glowed a faint yellow as she healed the burn, the light danced across her freckled face. When she finished she took the remaining bites of my bagel half as her payment and moseyed on upstairs.

I turned to Charles who was looking rather sheepish. “Why the panic? I was fine, really.”

He shrugged, “I don’t want you to ever be in pain because of me.”

My heart swelled up and I looked at the man before me. “You’re too kind for your own good, Charles.”

He smiled at up me before looking at his watch and sighing, “I have to go teach a class.”

I smiled at him and took his hand in my own for a squeeze, “I can take you to the classroom if you’d like?”

He kissed my knuckles, “That’s alright, love. I’ll see you for lunch.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait my lovelies!