Status: The end... For now.

Sororum

Fera

I called out her name until my throat ran dry. I didn’t care that I was standing naked on the side of the road with two men I didn’t even know staring at me, unsure of what to do or say. I only cared about the fact that my sister had just walked away from me because I’d said no to her for the first time. I felt my body start to tremble, this time I knew what I wanted to be. I felt the claws come out, the spotted fur sprout and the eyesight get ten times better in the now fading sunlight. I took off as soon as my transformation was over and didn’t even care to listen to the sound of Charles and Havok calling me.

I yowled out for Animus, my heart breaking as I took another leap down along the forestry of a highway. I was the fastest animal on land and I still wasn’t fast enough to catch her and say I was sorry. That I was wrong to say no, that I never wanted her to leave me and I never wanted to leave her; but she was gone.

My knees collapsed from under me and my body gave up, morphing back into the naked, broken human girl I really was. I curled up into myself and cried the hardest I had ever cried before. A car came to a quick stop beside me and out ran Havok, his eyes wide and his cheeks a bit pink. He kneeled down to me and held out a long sweater, a peace offering.

“Please put this on and get back in the car,” he begged. His blue eyes looked deep into mine, “I know what it’s like to not know where to go and who to trust, but I promise you, we’re on your side.”

I sat up and rubbed the tears away from my face. I slipped on the sweater and climbed numbly back into the car, this time taking the front seat. I buckled myself in and put my knees up against my chest, not even caring that I didn’t have any pants, let alone underwear on. Someone cleared their throat and I turned to see Charles blushing madly as he held out my underwear from the pile of clothes I had left in the car with them. “W-would you mind at least putting these on?”

I couldn’t help but laugh a little as I took them from him and slipped them on with ease. “Sorry, I’ve lived with only my sister for so long…” My breath hitched in my throat as I thought of her again. The pain of the betrayal rang out again in my throat and I could feel myself starting to morph again. My sobs were mixing with the wail of a domestic tabby; I gritted my teeth as I tried to fight the urge again. I managed to stop the morph just as the fur started to sprout. I grunted as I fought to get back into total human form.

“You alright?” Havok asked from beside me with a panicked expression.

I groaned as I continued to fight it, “I can’t control it sometimes.”

“Would you mind if I…?” Charles spoke softly from the backseat with his forefinger and middle finger resting on his temple. When I didn’t reply he took the opportunity to invade my mind once again. This time though his memories floated into my mind, peaceful ones though. Ones of him and a blonde haired girl laughing and having fun in a big field behind some kind of castle; my body went tense as he then tried to read my memories and feelings. I growled and he instantly snapped out of my head. “I’m sorry, there are just so many memories, so many feelings.”

Havok looked between the two of us then focused his attention on the road ahead. I glared at Charles and gripped the seat, my nails digging into the leather, “You say you’re sorry, but you keep trying to do it.”

Charles blushed and looked down at his knees like a scolded school boy, “I’m intrigued by what you’ve experienced and been through.”

I was surprised by this remark and I instantly felt my claws retract and my expression turn to that of confusion. I shook my head and faced forward; looking out the window I saw that we were pulling into the parking lot of an airport. I turned to face Havok with a wild expression playing on my face, “Where are we going?”

“Westchester County, New York.” Havok said with a little sparkle in his eye. “Get ready to meet the rest of the family.”

I looked from Havok to Charles with wide, fearful eyes, “But Animus is still here, I can’t leave her.” My heart screamed again at the mention of her name, the wounds still too fresh to handle.

“We can help you control your powers, not the other way around.” Charles had let his voice drop to just above whisper. Havok got out of the car and walked around to get Charles out and into his chair. He handed me my bra and the jeans I had been wearing before, I slipped them on and clipped the bra in place, but just before he opened the car door Charles whispered, “We need you too.”

I sucked in a deep breath and slowed down my breathing. I couldn’t leave Animus here alone. I couldn’t go to the States alone. Everything was happening so quickly, I needed time. I let my wide eyes fall on Charles, “I need time.”

He nodded slowly and closed his eyes, “There is a hotel a couple of blocks over, we can all stay the night there and you can decide what you think is best for you tomorrow.”

I didn’t know what else to do, so I nodded. Charles signaled for Havoc to get back in the car and told him the new plan. “Sounds good to me, I love me some room service food.”

I looked at him funny, “What’s room service?”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this one is shorter then the others have been! things are getting busy now that school has started.

stay lovely! xox