Status: Comments are very appreciated!

Through the Eyes of Madness

one / one

I flipped through the pages of a new book every single day. I search and search for clues on what could stop this madness. I’m sick of it. Every second I listen to the radio, listening to every name I hear. I remember, I remember them all. I want to help stop this. The war is meaningless. I don’t want any more people to die.

I’ve looked through records, list of name, pictures, and books. Things are starting to go together; the people dying, the patterns, and the connections. I want to know as much as I can about him. I want to know the people he loved, and the ones he lost. From what I’ve gathered, I don’t think he can love. Everything is either a stepping stone, or a wall in the way.

I’ve been doing my research for two years now. I feel so close to finding out something big. I know so much about Tom. Yes, Tom Riddle, his true name. He doesn’t go by it anymore. Tom hates his name. What he truly hates more is himself though; his existence is against what he believes in.

Sam came in with a coffee. He’s been so good to me. Sam’s helped me gather things, and work out clues. We both work for the order. We’re not allowed to actually work with the order, we’re both underage. I quit school to find out what’s been going on. My older sister had a fit when she found out. Sam himself quit as well. He was in the year above me.

I sipped my coffee and read some more. I was reading ‘Dangers in the Dark’ when I came across something interesting. It mentioned a kind of dark magic, very dark. Things started to come together. All of his connections came together to one thing. More like multiple things of the same kind.

“They can’t kill him…”

“What?” Sam said looking up for the Daily Prophet.

“Horcrux” I looked his surprised face. “He split his soul! We have to find them!”

Sam got up and grabbed his jacket as I grabbed mine. It was a little small on me; I hadn’t worn it in quite some time. It felt comfortable and familiar, it was nice. I grabbed my wand on the table and put in my pocket, hopefully I wouldn’t have to use it.

We exited the small apartment and locked up. Everyone had gone into hiding and I wasn’t sure how to contact them. I figured it headquarters would be the best place to start. When we disappearated there it wasn’t anything like it was before.

The wallpaper was ripped and the floors were filthy. Trinkets and glass were scattered all over the floor along with papers and files. Lights flickered and dangled from the ceiling; there were still a few candles lit. I looked along the walls into a broken mirror. My eyes were sunken and I looked scared. I didn’t even notice how scared I felt. Where was everyone, or anyone?

“Sam I think we should leave” I stated looking in the mirror. There was no reply. “Sam?”

“You’re not going anywhere princess.”

I turned around and a ghastly looking hand grasped around my neck. He pinned me against the wall. His teeth smiled at me, all ten of them. I cringed at him. His eyes were a light blue and felt like they were torturing me with just a stare. The space between us got smaller as he got closer to me. It felt like I couldn’t breathe, like someone had taken the air in my lungs.

“We are going to have fun with you” He moved closer to my ear, still connected to my eyes. “Aren’t we?”

*


“Are you in the order?” He asked me once more.

“I am too young! I’ve already told you!”

“Then how do you know their headquarters!”

He waited for me to answer. I turned my head away. I knew what was coming. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of seeing the pain on my face. He mumbled the curse. I tried not to scream. My fingers cringed and tears fell onto the floor. The chair I was strapped to fell over.

“Something you’d like to tell me Sweetheart?”

I could feel his eyes watching me as I laid there. I wanted to move. I needed to move. Finally I figured out something important, I was finally useful. Then I go and fail. I get captured and fail. For the sake of everyone; my older sister, my friends, and the ones I want to protect, I need to get up.

I wiggled my hand. It was loose. Victory came across my mind. The disgusting man pulled my up by my hair and sat the chair upright. I couldn’t help but scream. He smiled and pointed his wand under my chin.

“Shhh you must be quiet darling, you mustin’ wake the others.”

My bloody hand slowly slipped through the bindings. He noticed for a second because his body tensed up. I grabbed the wand in front of me and pushed him to the ground.

“Petrifius Totalus”

His body laid there stiff on the ground. I need to move. I used the wand to untie my bindings. I tried to walk but fell over the first time. My legs felt like they didn’t want to work. I tried again. Each step my leg screamed at me, telling me to stop. I kept walking. I needed to get to the order. The door was locked. I tried spells but they didn’t work. There was a faint conversation outside of the door. The words were getting louder and louder. I looked at the wand and thought ‘home’.

Within a few seconds as was at my home, not the apartment, but my actual home. I looked at the picture upon the wall, the smiles spread across my face then felt so long ago. My family and friends were scattered all over the wall. I desperately longed for them. If anyone of them would just come here. I needed them.

I was still bleeding all over. I had been bleeding for weeks, not a lot though. The cruciatous curse didn’t make you bleed a lot, it was all about the pain.

My legs were now shaking and I fell to the floors. The room was spinning around me.

“Clare?”

I could hear her. My dear sister, she came for me.

I tried to get up but couldn’t.

“It’s okay Clare. Lay down.” I could hardly see the tears streaming down her face. “Fall asleep my dear, it will be over soon. We can be a family again.”

“Alright Sarah, I love you”

“I love you too”

My eye lids felt heavy. I let them fall. My body felt numb, and then I joined my dear sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short story I felt like writing. Wow I feel a bit insane saying that I 'felt' like writing it.
I just felt like something tragic, leave me alone people!