Zebra Stripes and Butterflies

All Grown Up

Today is my going away party. My parents decided to throw it for me. They invited my friends from high school. I guess I was popular in high school. I had boyfriends and what not, but none of them really stayed around long. I'm not sure if it was because of Pap or my brothers.

"Pillar, you better be ready," my mum yelled from the bottom of the steps. I checked my appearance in the mirror. I am wearing an aqua, one shoulder, ruffle trim dress. My jewelry is all silver, my necklace says 'love', and I have bangles on my wrists, I have hoops in my bottom piercing and studs in my top piercing. My shoes are what I call Jesus shoes, basically flip flops that wrap around your heel; they are black and have ruffles on them. I grabbed my clutch and put my IPhone into it and I was ready to go. I went downstairs, pleasing my mum.

"You look lovely, love," mum said. She still has her accent and uses much of the words she would if she were back in Holms Chapel.

"Thanks, Mum," I said smiling. This party better be worth it. If only I could drink alcohol. I can't wait until I get back to Holms Chapel.

"Where are the boys?" Pap asked. I shrugged. Then they each came down the stairs, laughing and joking with each other.

"Pill, I can't believe you're leaving me," Alex, my twin, said, putting his arm on my shoulders. We are like two peas in a pod. Normally, we do everything together. He goes for a sport; I end up being the manager. I decide to try out for the school play; he joins and also tries out. We literally do everything together! Now, I'm leaving to go back home and he is staying here and going to college. That is one thing that I didn't do with him. I didn't go to college.

"I know, Al," I said, hugging him. I will definitely miss him.

"My little sister is all grown up," Blake, my older brother, said. I smiled. He always says that, with everything that happens to me. When I got my period, for the first time. Yes, my brothers knew when I first got my period. They made fun of me for it. He said it when I got my drivers permit and again when I got my license and another time when I graduated from high school. He has also said it when I went on my first date. He is crazy.

"How many more of those are you going to say?" I asked.

"Well, you still have to go to college, graduate from college, get a job in a good career, get a fiancé, get married and then have kids. That will be when I no longer will use my famous line," he said. That is a bunch of times to say that I was 'all grown up'.

"Are you out of your bloody mind?" I asked him.

"No, just informing you on how many time I get to say that you've grown up," he said. I rolled my eyes decided not to listen to him any longer.

"Greg, will you miss me?" I asked, putting my hands on my waist.

"Why would he miss you?" Alex said.

"You already said you would miss me," I shrugged, rolling my eyes at my twin.

"Are you kidding, of course we will all miss you," Greg said, before I was in the middle of a group hug. I was surrounded by my brothers.

"I will miss you all too," I said. They all play a main roll in my life. We all broke apart and headed over to my party.