Status: completed.

Damaged

Raving

Scott and Bella walked around the corner to get closer to Matt who was standing in line. "Hey, Matt, Matt." Scott said in a hushed tone.

"What?" Matt exclaimed.

"How much are tickets?" asked Scott.

"Seventy five." Matt replied, pity in his voice for he knew Scott couldn't afford it.

Scott raised an eyebrow, and thought of a plan. "Can I borrow some money?"

"How much?" Matt asked.

"Seventy five." Bella hit her brother's arm because of his stupidity. Matt only scrunched up his face and turned back to face forward.

Bell exhaled as she and Scott walked to the back of the line. The woman selling the tickets sighed. "Next?!" She called loudly, irritated.

Bella gulped as Jackson walked forward slowly. She couldn't hear much, but she knew what was happening. She saw Jackson hold up a finger, then cock his head to the side. Jackson handed the money through the bars, earning one ticket. Jackson stared intensely for a few seconds until the woman demanded that they leave. When Jackson's eyes never left her as she travelled upwards, Bella knew then.

She was next.

"What's he doing here?" Scott asked, refering to Isaac who was beside Derek.

"I need him." Derek simply said.

"I don't trust him." said Scott to Derek as he glared at Isaac.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac replied walking into the vets and leaning against the desk.

"And Derek really doesn't care." Derek snapped. "Now where's the vet? Is he gonna to help us or not?"

"That depends." Bella whipped her head to see Dr. Deaton standing in the door way. "Your friend Jackson, are we planning to save him? Or kill him?"

"Save him." Bella answered without thinking. She didn't need to think.

"Kill him." Derek said.

Bella frowned at the Alpha. "Save him." She repeated.

When Bella turned her head to look back at Dr. Deaton, Isaac caught her eye. He was looking at her, but he wasn't smirking like he usually would be. He looked like he was studying her, noting every feature of her face in his mind.

Allen's voice brought her back. "Come with me."

They followed him into the main room of the building. Bella stood nervously inbetween her brother and Isaac, occasionally glancing up to the Beta.

Dr. Deaton placed a box with bottles on the table. Isaac reached for one, but Derek grabbed his hand, telling him to watch what he touched.

Isaac bent down to lean on the table, staring up at Allen as he moved the bottles. "So, what are you? Some kind of.. Witch?"

"No." Dr. Deaton replied. "I'm a veterinarian."

"Oh." Isaac's voice was barely a whisper.

Dr. Deaton placed the bottle he was holding back in the box. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's gonna be an effective defence against the paralytic toxin." He told Derek.

"We're open to suggestions." Derek exclaimed.

"What about an effective offence?" Isaac asked.

"We already tried." Derek answered. "It nearly took it's head off. An Argent emptied an entire clip into it, it just gets back up."

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" Dr. Deaton asked.

"Only one." Derek exclaimed. "It can't swim."

"Does that go for Jackson aswell?" asked Allen.

"No." Bella interjected, earning everyone to look her way. "He's the captain of the swim team."

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." Dr. Deaton exclaimed. He walked away for a second, then came back. He held up a metal object. "A puppet." Bella studied the round object, she didn't know what the pattern was, though. "And a puppeteer." Allen placed the object on the table. "One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"

"I-I don't think Jackson could do it." Scott answered. "His mother died pregnant too, maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else."

"How d'you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac asked. "The Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills then wife then the baby dies too."

"Does that mean the father was a murderer?" Bella asked, confusion audible in her voice.

"Wouldn't suprise me if he was." Isaac replied, staring down at her.

"Hold on," exclaimed Dr. Deaton. "The book says they're bonded, right?" Derek nodded. "What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson, but from the person controlling him? What if," Allen opened one of the bottles and held it up. "something that effects the Kanima," He trailed the substance around the round object to make a circle surrounding it. "also effects the master?"

"Meaning what?" Isaac asked.

"Meaning we can catch them." exclaimed Scott. Allen nodded, the corners of his mouth turning upward.

"Both of them."

Stiles' Jeep pulled up into the school parking lot the next day.

Scott climbed out of the Jeep."There's gotta be some other way to get tickets, right?" He asked before shutting the car door.

Stiles jumped out, he then helped Bella out of the car, shutting the door afterwards. "It's a secret show, there's only one way. And it's a secret."

"Hey!" Someone called. Bella span on her heels to see Matt walking after them. "Any of you know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

"Just forget about it. Nobody got hurt." replied Stiles.

"I-I had a concussion." Matt said.

"Well nobody got seriously hurt." Stiles argued.

"I was in ER for six hours." Matt snapped.

"Hey, do you wanna know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high on our list of problems right now!" Stiles bent down to place his hand about an inch off the ground.

Bella exhaled, stopping herself from smiling. She stepped forward towards Matt. "Are you okay?" She asked, ignoring Stiles' huffs of annoyance.

"Yeah," Matt replied. "I'm fine now. I saw you didn't get any tickets last night, either."

Bella shook her head. "Are they still selling?"

"Uh, no." Matt exclaimed. "But I managed to find three online." Matt changed his glance to Scott. "You should keep trying. Sounds like everyone's gonna be there." And then he walked away.

"I don't like him." Stiles said. "Hey, are you sure about this?"

"Last time, whoever's controlling Jackson had to kill somebody." Scott said. "And he didn't finish the job. So, what do you think he's gonna do this time?"

"Be there to make sure it happens."

"Ketamine?" Scott asked when Dr. Deaton held up a small flask.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage." Allen explained, placing a large needle on the table as well as the flask. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." Dr. Deaton moved away then came back with a bottle that contained a black substance in his hand. "This, is what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles." He placed the bottle on the table. "Only you."

Bella flickered her gaze to Stiles. "Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure." He exclaimed, reaching for the bottle. "I mean, could you find a slightly less pressure filled task for me?" Bella touched his arm, silently telling him it would be okay.

"It's from the Mountain Ash Tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the Supernatural. This office is lined with Ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble." Dr. Deaton smiled slightly.

"Ok. So, then what? I spread this stuff around the whole building and then neither Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" asked Stiles.

"They'll be trapped." Allen replied simply.

"Doesn't sound too hard." Scott reasoned.

"That's not all there is." Allen spoke. "Think of it like gun powder, it's just powder. Until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles."

"If you mean light myself on fire I don't think I'm up for that." Stiles replied, nerves breaking his voice.

Dr. Deaton chuckled lightly. "Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want to ball to go. They see it in their mind, and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will." Stiles repeated quietly.

"I-" Dr. Deaton waited until Stiles looked at him. "If this is going to work, Stiles.." He paused.

"You have to believe it."

Stiles' father pulled up in the drive way just as Stiles and Bella were about to climb into the car.

"Hey, can't talk, gotta run." Stiles exclaimed to his father, when he didn't reply, Stiles spoke again. "Hey, w-w-w-wait. What's wrong?"

Bella frowned when he turned around. "Nothing." He answered.

Stiles was taken aback slightly. "Where's your gun?" He questioned.

Mr. Stilinski exhaled. "I left it at the station, along with my bagde."

"They fired you." Bella spoke, her voice barely audible.

"What?" Stiles asked.

"It's alright." Stiles' father dismissed him. "We'll talk about this later."

"Dad," Stiles protested.

"Don't worry about it." He replied.

"Dad!" Stiles called.

Stiles' father sighed heavily before talking. "It was decided that the son of the Police Cheiff, stealing police property, and having a restraining order filed against him by one of the town's most respected Attorneys, did not reflect well on the county."

Bella's mouth had dropped open without her permission, she looked to Stiles.

"It's just a leave of absence. It's-it's temporary." Mr. Stilinski tried to assure them.

"Did they say it was temporary or..?" Stiles trailed off.

"Actually no." He replied. "You know, it-it's fine. Don't worry about it. Hey, we're gonna be fine." He turned to walk away.

"W-w-Dad," Stiles spoke when he turned around. "I-I dont get it, why aren't you angry at me?"

"I don't know." He exclaimed quietly. "Maybe I just don't want to feel any worse than I already do by uh.. having to yell at my son." He walked away this time, closing the garage door with him.

Bella stood still for a few seconds, just staring at Stiles. His eyes shone with guilt, tears threatening to spill over. Bella span to face him and pulled his head down to her shoulder, protecting him. His arms draped around her torso. She thought she felt a wetness on her bare skin, but it was gone too quick for her to tell.

They stood there for a moment in the other's embrace. And that's where they wished they could have stayed forever. But, they had something to do. Someone to save.

And if you can't save yourself, save anyone you can.

Stiles' Jeep pulled up outside the building after they had picked up Scott. The three of them climbed out and opened the boot.

"You ok?" Scott asked Stiles.

"Yeah, why?" Stiles replied. Bella frowned, but didn't say anything.

Scott shrugged. "It's just you didn't.. say anything the whole way here."

"No, I'm fine." Stiles said. Bella could literally hear her heart snap into two pieces. "Just grab the other bag."

"I can't." replied Scott. "Remember? Deaton said you have to do it alone."

"Okay, this plan is really starting to suck." Stiles scolded.

Scott was moving away. "No, not here, not now." He said in a hushed tone.

"Scott?" Bella called when he started to run away.

"Scott! What am I supposed to do with-- Plan officially sucks!"

Bella had run after Scott and into the Rave. She would have stayed with Stiles, but he had to do his part alone. She found him with Isaac, both of them standing behind a pillar. When Scott walked away, she followed after him.

"What was that?" Bella questioned when they reached eachother. Her voice was loud to be heard over the music.

"Isaac's going to be the one to inject Jackson." Scott replied, his voice in the same tone.

"What?!" Her voice had risen to a yell now. "He could die, Scott!"

"We all could!" Scott yelled back. Bella thought for a second, her face softening. He was right, every single one of them was in danger. Werewolf or not. "Since when do you care about Isaac anyway?"

That really made her think. Why did she care? Before, he was just the boy who had tormented her. But now, he was different. Now, it seemed like he almost cared.

What was it about him that made her so facinated by him?

She stopped herself. She loved Stiles. Only Stiles.

Bella pushed her way through the thriving crowd. She had whipped her head just in time to see Isaac and Erica dragging a lifeless Jackson into a back room. She followed them inside, mouth dropping when she saw Jackson. Stiles entered a few seconds after Bella had.

"He okay?" Stiles asked.

"Well," Isaac walked over to Jackson who was still unconcious. "let's find out." Isaac's claws appeared when he raised his hand, but when he lowered it, Jackson grabbed it, his eyes never opening. Isaac winced in pain as Jackson broke his bones, Bella grimaced at the sight.

"Ok, no one does anything like that again, okay?!" Stiles yelled when Isaac walked back over.

"I thought the Ketamine was supposed to put him out?" Isaac choked out, still gripping his wrist.

"Yeah, well, apparently this is all we're gonna get." Stiles replied. "So let's just hope that whoever's controlling him decided to show up tonight."

"I'm here." A demonic voice sounded.

Bella was reaching for Isaac's wrist when the voice reached her ears. She stopped mid-movement, eyes flickering to Jackson. His eyes were open, but they weren't his. They didn't shine with life like normal eyes did.

"I'm right here with you." The voice spoke again.

Bella grabbed Stiles' arm when he moved closer to Jackson. Stiles nodded at her, silently telling her he would be okay. She let him go, and when he reached Jackson, he bent down to his level.

"Jackson, is that you?"

"Us. We're all here." The voice was thick and low.

Stiles glanced back at the three before speaking. "Are you the one killing people?"

"We're the ones killing murderers." It snapped. Bella could still faintly hear Jackson's voice under all the whispers.

"So then all the people you've killed so far.."

"Deserved it."

"See, we got a little rule book. That says you only go after murderers."

"Anything can break if enough pressure's appilied."

"Alright, so the people you're killing are all murderers, then?"

"All. Each. Every one."

"Well, who did they murder?"

"Me." The voice spat.

"Wait, what? What d'you mean?"

"They murdered me." Hatred filled the demonic voice.

Bella felt herself being pushed gently backwards. She looked up to see Isaac was moving her back, away. Away from Jackson. Bella knew why when she looked forward.

His eyes were blazing gold and red, black slits down their centre. The Kanima's eyes.

"They murdered me."

Stiles was moving backwards now, standing slightly infront of Bella, Isaac standing infront of the rest of her. When Jackson showed his hand and it was covered in scales, Bella swallowed.

"Ok, alright. Ketamine. The man needs Ketamine, come on." Stiles ordered.

"We don't have anymore." Isaac held up the empty flask.

"You used a whole bottle?" Stiles scolded.

Jackson was shifting, fast. He was half-Kanima, half-human when Bella tugged on Stiles' hand.

Jackson let out an ear piercing screech.

"Okay, out. Everybody out." Stiles ordered frantically whilst pushing Bella infront of him, towards the door. "Ok, find something we can put infront of the door."

But it was no use, Jackson was fully shifted now. Bella knew this because he had smashed through the metal wall, screeching again before running off.

Stiles and Bella's fingers had somehow intertwined along the way whilst they were walking out of the building. They stood outside, walking to Derek when they saw him.

"Hey, um, so we kind of lost Jackson inside, but it's.." Stiles trailed off when Isaac and Erica exited the building and stopped. Just before the barrier Stiles had laid out. "Oh my god! It's working! Yes! I did something!" Bella grinned at him.

"Scott.." Derek spoke.

"What?" Bella asked, concern in her voice.

"Break it." Derek told Stiles.

"What? No way!" Stiles snapped.

"Scott's dying!" Derek exclaimed.

"What?!" Bella's voice had risen to a yell now.

"How do you know that?" Stiles asked.

"Oh my go- Stiles! I just know! Break it!" Derek ordered.

Stiles sighed before bending down and holding his hands out. He moved them together, then pulled them apart. Breaking the barrier and letting Derek through. Bella moved to follow him, but Stiles pulled her back, shaking his head. She exhaled, praying Scott would be okay.

She prayed, that some day, everything would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for reading xx