Status: completed.

Damaged

Fury

"So this kid's a real killer?" Stiles' father asked as he studied Matt's circled yearbook picture.

"Yeah." answered Stiles simply.

"No." He countered, disbelieving.

"Yes!" Stiles argued.

"No." He crossed his arms, attempting to leave no room for discussion.

"Dad, come on," Stiles rose out of his computer chair. "Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, ok? So all we have to do is look through the transcripts, and figure out what class they all had in common."

Mr. Stilinski paused for a moment. "Bella, Scott, do you believe this?"

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us." exclaimed Scott. "We know it's Matt."

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, ok?" exclaimed Stiles. "Look, he knew that if the cops found tire tracks at one of the murders, and if enough of the victims were in Harris's class that they'd arrest him!"

"Alright, fine." Mr. Stilinski gave in. "I'll allow the remote possibilty. But give me a motive. I mean why would this kid, want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles yelled. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in like six years--ok we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" Stiles' father sighed.

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott answered.

"Yeah, that'd be in the station. Where I no longer work." He argued.

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles assured.

"Trust you?" Stiles' father questioned.

"Trust... trust them?" Stiles suggested, gesturing to the siblings behind him.

"Them I trust."

The four of them walked tiredly into the police station, Mr. Stilinski at the desk.

"It's two in the morning." The officer stated.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." He exclaimed quietly.

"Look at the hospital stuff first, ok?" Stiles told them in a hushed tone.

"Why?" Scott asked in the same tone.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson except for one, remember?" exclaimed Stiles.

"The pregnant girl, Jessica." Scott nodded.

"Because Matt had to kill her himself, someone from the hospital could have seen him." Bella interjected, her voice quiet.

"Guys," Mr. Stilinski called, and they followed him through.

"I don't know, guys. I mean, look at this. There was a six car pile up that night, the hospital was jammed." Mr. Stilinski exclaimed whilst gesturing to the screen that showed no sight of Matt.

"Alright, just keep going. Look, he had to pass one of those cameras on that floor to get to Jessica, ok? He's gotta be on the footage somewhere." Stiles countered.

Scott suddenly yelled. "Oh, hold on! Stop! Di-did you see that? Scroll back!"

Mr. Stilinski scrollled back on the footage, and a male in a black leather jacket was shown walking down the hall.

"That's him! That's Matt!" Bella called, pointing at the figure, causing strands of her hair to fall in front of her face.

"All you can see is the back of someone's head." Mr. Stilinski objected.

"Matt's head, yeah!" Stiles answered. "I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium." He gestured to his head. "It's weird."

"Are you crazy?"

"Alright, fine, then." Stiles pointed to the screen. "Look at his jacket, huh? How many people do you know who wear black leather jackets?

"Millions. Literally." answered Stiles' father.

"Ok, can we scroll forward? There's gotta be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras." exclaimed Scott, hope audible in his voice.

Stiles' father sighed, but did as he asked. When the same figure walked onto the scene again, Stiles pointed.

"Right there! Stop, stop, stop. See? There he is again."

"You mean 'there's the back of his head again'." Mr. Stilinski argued.

"Ok, but look, he's talking to someone." Stiles observed.

Scott and Bella both moved closer to the screen.

"He's talking to our Mom."

"Do you know how many people I deal with in a day?" Melissa spoke, her voice travelling through Scott's phone so they all could hear.

"This one's sixteen, he's got dark hair, looks like a normal teenager." Scott described.

"He looks evil." Stiles added loudly.

"I already talked to the police about this." Melissa exclaimed.

"Ok, Mom. I'm gonna take a picture and send it to you." Scott said, moving his phone to hover it over Matt's yearbook picture. "Did you get it?"

"Yeah." She answered.

"Do you remember him?" Bella asked, hopeful.

"Yeah, I do. I remember I stopped him because he was tracking mud in the hall." Melissa answered, clearly unaware of why this information could be important. "Guys, what's going on?"

"It's nothing, Mom. We'll explain later. Gotta go." Then Scott hung up on her.

As soon as the call had ended, Mr. Stilinski was opening files. "We've got shoe prints, along side the tire tracks at the trailer site."

"And if they match that puts Matt at the scene of three murders." Stiles stated. "The trailer, the hospital, and the rave."

"Actually, four." His father corrected. "The credit card receipt from oil change was signed by Matt at the garage where the mechanic was killed." He rose from his seat.

"When?"

"A couple of hours before you got there."

"Alright, Dad. If one's an incident, two's a coincidence and three's a pattern, what's four?" exclaimed Stiles.

"Four's enough for a warrant." He answered. "Scott, Bella, call your Mom back, see how quick she can get here. If I can get an official ID, I can get a search warrant. Stiles, go to the front desk. Tell them to let their Mom in when she gets here."

"On it." Stiles answered, Bella watching as he practically ran out of the room and to the front desk.

Scott began calling their mother, whilst Bella bit her lip nervously.

"Hi, Mom. Yeah. No. Ok. When can you get here?" Was all Scott said before he ended the call. "She's on her way here." When Mr. Stilinski's eyes widened, Bella frowned. "Sheriff?"

Bella and Scott both turned to see Stiles walking back in, but he wasn't alone. Bella's air caught in her lungs when she saw who was behind Stiles, pointing a gun.

Matt.

Bella tried not to grab Stiles too forcefully to pull him back to them, and away from Matt. Away from the gun.

"Matt?" Mr. Stilinski held out his hands. "It's Matt, right? Matt, whatever's going on I can gurantee there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun."

"You know, it's funny you say that. Because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are." Matt spoke, his tone almost mocking.

"I know you don't wanna hurt people." Mr. Stilinski said.

"Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people." exclaimed Matt. "You four, weren't on my list. But I can be persuaded. One way, is to try dialling somebody on your cellphone. Like McCall is doing." Bella's eyebrows knitted together as she looked to her brother. "That.. That could definitely get someone hurt. Everyone. Now!" Matt screamed. Each of them placed their phones on the desk.

-

"Tighter." Matt ordered.

"Do what he says, Stiles." Mr. Stilinski spoke quietly. Stiles obeyed reluctantly, tightening the handcuff on his father's wrist.

Bella had one more sad-filled glance at him before Matt pushed her out of the room.

"Hey, don't touch her, ok?" exclaimed Stiles as they walked down the hall, not too forcefully but not polietly either.

"Tell me what to do again and this bullet touches her brain." Matt snapped back, pointing the gun at the back of Bella's forehead. She stiffended, feeling the end of the weapon on her skull, but she carried on walking. Stiles' face hardened, yet he turned back to face forward. They walked for a few more steps until Scott stopped in his tracks. Bella saw her sibling's expression and followed his gaze. She had to cover her mouth. Whether it was to stop her from screaming, or vomiting, she wasn't sure. Every officer that was present had been brutally slaughtered, by Jackson, of course. Their blood trailed the walls like marks of death, their bodies limp and lifeless. Bella couldn't believe Matt could do this. But most of all, she couldn't believe Jackson had killed these people.

"What are you gonna kill everyone in here?" Scott's voice was frantic.

"No, that's what Jackson's for." Matt replied, almost smug. "I just think about killing them, and he does it."

-

Bella tiredly handed another piece of paper into the shredder, watching as the evidence crumbled to pieces.

"Deleted." Stiles announced. "And we're done. Alright, Matt, so all the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they killed you first - whatever that means. I think we're good here, right? I'll just get my Dad, and we'll go. You know, you can continue on the whole vengence thing. Enjoy the Kanima."

And then car lights shone through the window, and Bella's heart stopped.

"Sounds like your Mom's here, McCalls."

"Matt, don't do this. Please." Bella resisted the urge to get on her knees and beg. She wouldn't do that, ever.

"When she comes to the door, we'll just tell her to leave." Scott spoke. "We'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt."

There were sounds of a door opening and closing, then footsteps.

Matt almost laughed. "If you don't move, now. I'm gonna kill Stiles first." That was it. Her weak spot. And Matt knew. "And then your Mom."

Bella quickly grabbed Scott's arm and pulled him out of the room, Stiles and Matt following. She stopped when they reached the door. "Please." Her voice broke.

"Open it." When no one moved, Matt spoke again. "Open. The. Door."

Scott slowly reached for the door handle as Bella held her breath. He pushed the door open, to reveal not their mother, but Derek and Isaac. Bella exhaled silently.

"Oh, thank God."

But everything came crashing down at the time their bodies did. Bella almost sobbed, but it came out as more of a cough as she stared at their still figures. She wanted to run to him, she did. But she couldn't.

Then she looked up to the doorway. And there he was. Jackson. Half Kanima, half human.

His eyes were his own. Only for a second, though. Then they flickered to the killer's eyes.

Matt crouched down to lean over Derek and Isaac. "This is the one controlling him?" Derek asked, irritation almost audible in his tone. "This kid?"

"Well, Derek. Not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad, werewolf." Matt exclaimed, making three pairs of eyes widen. Matt turned. "Oh yeah, that's right. I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, Hunters, Kanimas. It's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you two, what do you turn into?"

"Abominable Snowman, but it's more of like a Winter time thing. You know, seasonal." Stiles joked. Bella bit her lip, wondering how Matt would take Stiles' sarcasm.

And she was right in thinking he wouldn't take it well. Matt nodded to Jackson, silently giving him a command. In a split second Jackson's claw sliced Stiles neck before anyone could register what was happening.

Bella almost screamed, but her voice broke. "Stiles!" She went to reach for him as he fell, but Jackson held a scale-covered finger up to her, telling her to freeze. Her mouth dropped and her eyebrows pulled together.

"B-itch."

She whipped her head to the floor when she heard a thud, and her eyes widened. As if Stiles had landed there. Right on top of Isaac. Bella swallowed nervously.

"Get him off of me." Isaac hissed through clenched teeth.

Matt leaned down again. "Oh, I don't know, Lahey. I think you two make a pretty good pair."

Wow, if looks could kill, Matt's heart would have stopped right then, Bella thought. And then car lights shone through the window.

"Is that her?" Matt stood up. "Do what I tell you to and I wont hurt her. I wont even let Jackson near her, or your sister."

"Guys, don't trust him!" Stiles called, his voice muffled in Isaac's shoulder. Matt suddenly grabbed Stiles and turned him arond before stepping on his throat.

Bella's air caught in her lungs at the same time Stiles' did. "Stop!" She screamed, going to charge for him, Scott holding her back. "Get off of him! Stop!"

"Then do what I tell you to."

"Ok, fine! Just get off of him!" Bella pleaded. She let the Oxygen enter her body again when Stiles could.

"You," Matt looked to Jackson. "Take them in there. You two," He looked to the siblings. "with me."

They walked out of the room and down the hall without another word, terrified of what Matt was capable of. When their mother entered the door, Bella wished for nothing more than to her to run back outside.

"Mom," Scott started, getting her attention.

"Oh, you two. You scared me. Where is everyone-" And then she looked at them. If Bella was a werewolf, she was sure she'd be able to hear her mother's heart stop at the sight of someone pointing a gun to her children's heads.

"Mom, just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." Scott said quietly.

"He's right." Matt exclaimed. Bella looked at Matt just in time to see him send a bullet through her brother's stomach. She screamed, along with her mother. She ran to him, kneeling down beside him. "But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you." When Bella saw her mother move forward she panicked.

"Mom, Mom, stop. Please, Mom." She begged, fear shining in her eyes.

"Get up McCall." Matt snapped.

Bella draped Scott's arm over her shoulder and helped him stand, trying her best not to get any blood on Stiles' jumper. She helped him walk back to the room where Mr. Stilinski was, the room Matt had ordered them to go to.

When they got there, Matt locked Melissa in one of the cells. "Please, he needs to see a doctor."

"You think so?" Matt asked, his voice low.

"Hey, hey, you listen to me." Mr. Stilinski began, stopping himself short when Bella placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's alright, I'm ok." Scott tried to assure them, although the fact that he was relying on his sister to stay standing gave him away.

"No, honey, you're not ok." Melissa cried.

"It doesn't hurt, Mom."

"Cause that's the adrenaline, ok. Please," She turned to Matt. "Let me just take a look at him. I can help stop the bleeding."

"They have no idea, do they?" Matt spat.

"Please, just let me take a quick look." She sobbed.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up!" Matt hissed. "Lady, if you keep talking, I'm gonna put the next bullet through her head." He pointed the gun at Bella, but she didn't move. Matt turned back to the siblings. "Back to the front, McCalls." When they hesitated, he spoke. "After you."

They walked back into the room, Bella gently taking Scott's arm off of her shoulder as he could walk alone now. She stopped herself from punching Matt in the face when he prodded Scott with the gun, pushing him in.

"The evidence is gone. Why don't you just go?"

"No, no. I want the book." said Matt.

"What.. What book?"

"The beastiary!" Bella glanced down at Stiles, who was already looking at her. Her eyes flickered to Isaac, then. He was also already staring at her. She inhaled, looking back up to Matt. "Not just a few pages, I want the entire thing."

"We don't have it. It's Gerard's." Scott answered.

"Why do you want it?" asked Bella.

"I need answers."

"Answers to what?"

Matt hesitated before lifting his shirt to show scales travelling over his side and back. "To this." He pulled his shirt back down and pointed the gun to Bella. "You, stay here with them." He gestured to the three figures on the floor. "You," He pointed the gun to Scott. "With me."

"Wait, no, I need to go with him. He needs help." Bella pleaded.

"You'll need help if you say another word." Scott growled in response to Matt's threat. Matt only smirked before pushing Scott infront of him and out of the room.

Bella inhaled as she flickered her gaze downward to the three of them. She walked slowly towards them, not exhaling until she had sat down inbetween Stiles and Isaac.

"Do you know what's happening to Matt?" Bella whispered over to Derek, careful not to attract any attention from Jackson.

"Yeah, the book's not gonna help him." He replied, his voice barely audible. "You can't just break the rules, not like this."

"What do you mean?"

"The universe balances things out. Always does."

"Is it because he's using Jackson to kill people that don't deserve it?" Stiles whispered.

"Killing people himself." Derek corrected.

"So Matt breaks the rules of the Kanima.. he becomes the Kanima."

"Balance."

"Will he believe us if he tell him that?"

"Not likely."

"Ok he's going to kill all of us when he gets that book, isn't he?"

"Yep."

"Alright, so. What do we do? Do we just sit here and wait to die?" Isaac hissed.

"Unless I can figure out a way to push the toxin out of my body faster. Like triggering the healing process." The sound of flesh being cut was heard and Bella had to cover her mouth to stop herself from gagging when she looked to Derek.

"What are you doing? Oh, gross."

A few minutes later of silent glances, Stiles spoke again. "So is that hypothetical situation we talked about getting any less hypothetical?"

"I think so. I can feel my toes." Derek replied.

Stiles sighed. "Dude, I can move my toes."

Bella jolted upward when the lights suddenly shut off. The station alarm pounded through her ears along with the sound of gun fire.

"What's going on?!" Isaac yelled.

"It's the Argents."

"Scott!" Bella screamed when she saw him running towards them.

"Take them." Derek ordered. "Go!"

Bella bent down to Isaac, draping his arm over her shoulder. She inhaled before she stood and began following Scott. They ran through three rooms, Scott closing the door of each one, yet Jackson only smashed his way through them. When they reached the fourth room, Scott closed the metal door. When Jackson didn't crash in, they sighed of relief. Scott set Stiles down, Bella doing the same with Isaac.

Scott looked to Bella. "Stay here. Don't move. Don't go anywhere, ok? Just stay here."

"Scott I-" She started frantically.

"Stay. Here." She exhaled, but nodded anyway. Scott left, closing the door behind him. Bella sat down beside Stiles, Isaac watching her.

After a few moments, Bella stood up. "I'm going."

"No, no, no. No you're not." Stiles told her.

"I can't just sit here." She replied.

"Okay, fine. Please just wait until one of us can move, or something." Stiles huffed. "You're not going alone."

"Sorry, Stiles." She took one glance at Isaac before opening the door and leaving after Scott.

"No, no, Bella! Bella!" Stiles banged the back of his head against the wall. "Great. Now I'm stuck here with eyeballs." He mumbled.

Isaac snickered, having heard him, of course. "You really don't like me, do you?"

"No. I love you." Stiles' voice seethed with sarcasm.

Isaac scoffed. He thought about asking why Stiles despised him so much, but he already knew.

After a few moments of silence, Stiles spoke again. "I know you like her."

Isaac whipped his head to him, looking at him for a second before taking his glance to the floor. "Doesn't matter, anyway."

"Why not?"

Isaac didn't think he would ask that question. He must have known that Bella would always pick Stiles. "Because, if she had to choose, it would be you."

Stiles frowned, his eyes flickering up and down as thoughts travelled through his mind. Would Bella really choose him? A worthless human? Over a powerful werewolf? "She wouldn't pick me. Not over someone like you." Isaac looked to him, taking in his expression and seeing that he was serious.

For a moment, they both thought to themselves. If Bella did have to pick, which one of them would she choose? Of course, they both thought that Bella would pick the other one of them. But they both hoped.

They hoped that they could be the one that she loved more.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg sorry i haven't updated in a while.

not sure if i like this chapter.

thank you for reading xx