Status: completed.

Damaged

Battlefield - Part Two

Bella sat nervously beside her mother on the bleachers. She pulled her sleeves over her hands as she shook, from either the nerves or the coldness. Bella narrowed her eyes when she saw the Coach speak to Stiles and Scott before Stiles grabbed his stick and his mask as he stood up.

Stiles stopped when he was in front of Bella, Melissa and his father. "Guys!" He yelled, catching their attention. "I'm playing! With the team! On the field!" He grinned. Bella's mouth dropped, he corners of her mouth upward. She jumped up, cheering. Stiles smiled at her before he ran onto the field.

The whistle was blown, and the game begun. Just over a minute in, Bella smiled when Stiles caught the ball. But her face fell and she winced as he was tackled.

"Probably just warming up." Mrs. McCall tried to reassure her daughter and Stiles' father. But once again, Stiles was taken down.

"He's just.. nervous. It'll be fine. He'll be fine." Bella said, more to herself than anyone else. Next, the ball hit Stiles square in the face. "Really?" She sighed. Bella had a sad expression on her face when she looked to Stiles' Dad, who had his head in his hands as the boos surrounded them.

Bella glanced to Scott, only checking that he was safe and still on the bench. Then, something caught her eye. Isaac. She smiled because he was there, he hadn't left. He hadn't left her. She watched as Isaac placed his mask over his head and walked onto the field. Within two seconds he took a player down. And another. And another.

"Lahey!" Coach scolded. "Seriously! What the hell is your problem?!" Isaac only held out his arms in response and walked away. Bella inhaled nervously when Scott was called in to play.

Bella jolted up when there was a collision of the jersey numbers she knew. 14 and 37; Isaac and Jackson. Without thinking, she ran down the bleachers, ignoring her mother and the Sheriff's calls to her.

She kneeled down beside her brother. "Are you ok?" She breathed.

"It's not broken." Isaac swallowed, writhing. "But I can't move it." A medical team arrived with a stretcher. "I think Jackson cut me, I can feel it spreading." The team counted down before lifting Isaac onto the stretcher. Bella chewed her lip as she watched them take him away.

"McCall." Coach interjected, massing Scott his mask. He looked inbetween the two siblings. "Male McCall. Either you're in or we forfit."

"Ok," Scott replied, taking hold of his stick.

Miss McCall had arrived on the scene now, and she was holding onto Scott's arm. "Scott, Scott, something's happening, isn't it? Something bigger than a lacrosse game."

"You should go." Scott glanced to his sister when he spoke.

"Oh I'm not going anywhere." Melissa said. Bella shook her head to show she wasn't leaving either. "Everything that I said before, forget it. All of it, ok? If you can do something to help, then, you do it. You have to."

"I will." Scott looked at his sibling once more before he ran onto the field, Bella and her mother returning to their seats beside the Sheriff.

Bella winced when Scott was knocked down. And then, Stiles. She took a deep breath when Stiles stood back up. But, where had Scott gone? She couldn't see him on the field, or anywhere in sight. With five minutes left of the game, and players flying in every direction, she had almost lost any hope of winning the game.

That was, until, the ball rolled to Stiles. He stood there, clueless, for a moment until he started running towards the goal - screaming, of course. Bella bit her lip when he stopped at the goal.

"Stilinski!" Coach yelled. "Shoot it! Shoot the ball!" Yet, Stiles never moved. "Shoot it you idiot!"

Bella stood up. "Stiles, shoot it!" She screamed. He listened to her, throwing the ball towards the net. All that was audible was the sound of the ball hitting the back of the net. She stood up cheering, along with everyone else.

And then, Stiles scored the winning goal. The winning goal. STILES did, Stiles scored it - was all that was surrounding her mind. She threw her hands in the air as she jumped up screaming, whilst she watched Stiles being praised by the other team mates. Bella clapped, a proud smile on her face.

Stiles looked for her, and when he found her in the crowd, he grinned. He was sure, she had never smiled brighter. And that smile was for him.

After a few moments of cheering, the beaming lights flickered off, leaving everyone in darkness. A spine-chilling scream travelled through the nights, and when the lights shone again..

No one was sure what they were going to find had happened in that moment of pure blindness horror.
♠ ♠ ♠
part two, yay :) part three will be short, so that'll be up soon hopefully.

thank you for reading xx