Status: completed.

Damaged

Master Plan - Part Two

"What the hell is this?" Scott asked, moving closer as if to see if Peter Hale was really standing before them. How could that be?

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station." Derek retorted. Bella knitted her eyebrows together at her brother.

"Okay -- hold on -- he threatened to kill my Mom, and Bella, too. And-and I had to get close to him, what was I supposed to do?" Scott fretted. Bella thought she heard Isaac growl at her side, but she was sure she heard wrong.

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one." Peter spoke, "Have you seen their Mom? She's gorgeous!" Isaac raised an eyebrow at the past Alpha. "Must run in the family." Peter said, smiling at Bella. This time, Isaac definitely growled.

"Who is he?" Isaac asked through gritted teeth, leaning down to Bella.

"Peter. Derek's uncle." Bella answered quietly.

"Little while back, he tried to kill us all so we set him on fire and Derek slashed his throat." Scott added, making Derek roll his eyes. Peter raised his hand and whispered a 'hi'.

"That's good to know."

Scott asked, "How is he alive?"

"Look, short version is: he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him." Derek replied.

"Well, that's very helpful - except - Jackson's dead." Isaac deadpanned, making Bella shiver slightly.

"What?"

"Yeah, Jackson's dead, it just happened on the field." explained Scott.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen." Peter said, "Gerard wanted it to happen."

"But why?"

Peter walked forward. "Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

-

They were walking into the Hale house when Scott sighed of relief. "Oh, they found Stiles."

She whipped her head to him, staring at him for a moment to see if she'd imagined him speaking. "Wh-what?" She croaked out.

He smiled. "Yeah, they found him." He held up the car keys, knowing where she wanted to be. Bella took them and hugged him quickly before running out of the house. But she skidded to a stop when she heard Isaac calling her name.

She frowned at him. He was standing on the porch, just staring at her. "Isaac? What is it?"

He walked down the porch steps and kept moving until he was inches away from her. "I know you love him. I know. But, Bella, I-I--"

"No," Bella shook her head, realising what he was going to say. "Don't. Please, Isaac. You don't understand what you're about to say."

He didn't care, he just needed her to know how he felt. "I love you, Bella. And-and I know you can't say it back. I just needed you to know." His eyes shined.

She had tears running away from her eyes. "I'm sorry, Isaac. I love you - I do - just, not in that way."

"I get it." He choked. "It's Stiles. It's always gonna be Stiles." Bella didn't say anything, she just took a shakey breath and wrapped her arms around him. He sighed into her and held her.

She pulled her head back and gently pressed her lips to his cheek. He closed his eyes. And when he opened them again, she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for reading x