Status: completed.

Damaged

Frenemy

"Oh my go.." Scott whispered when Bella and Stiles came up behind him.

"Sorry! Sorry." Stiles exclaimed.

"Did you see where he went?" Bella asked.

"Lost him." replied Scott.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles asked.

"I don't think he has one." Scott exclaimed.

"Alright, well, any clue where he's going?" Stiles asked.

"To kill someone." Scott said.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." exclaimed Stiles sarcastically. Scott glared at him. "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, ok? Sarcasm is my only defence!"

Bella rolled her eyes, the corners of her mouth turning up.

"Just help me find it." Scott snapped.

"Not it. Jackson." Bella interjected.

Scott huffed. "I know. I-I-I know."

"Alright, but does he know that?" asked Stiles. Scott only sighed. "And did anyone else see him back at your house?"

"I-I don't think so. But he already passed Derek's test anyway." exclaimed Scott.

"Yeah but that's just the thing, how did he pass the test?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know." Scott replied.

Bella felt something in her brain snap. "Maybe it's like an either/or thing." When the two boys shot her looks of confusion, she had the urge to explain herself. "Derek said the Kanima can't be poisoned by it's own venom, right? When's the Kanima not the Kanima?"

Realisation flashed across Scott's face. "When it's Jackson."

"Uh.. guys." Bella snapped her head to see Stiles gazing upward. She and Scott walked to where Stiles was standing and followed his eyes. "See that?"

Bella's heart picked up it's pace when she saw the Kanima's tall flickering in the air on the roof of the club.

"He's inside." Scott stated.

"What's he gonna do in there?" Stiles asked.

"I know who he's after." Scott said quickly.

"What? How? Who?" Bella asked frantically.

"Armani."

The three walked up to the back door of the club. Stiles attempted to pull the door open, then gave up when he decided it was locked. "Well maybe there's like a window we can climb through, or some kind of.." Stiles trailed off when Scott handed him the door knob he had snapped off. "handle that you can rip off with supernatural strength. How did I not think of that one?"

Bella smiled and shook her head before following her brother inside the club, Stiles close behind. Bella's mouth dropped when they pushed the curtain aside. It was a club. Not just any club, though. It was a gay club. She knew what type of club it was as soon as she saw the shirtless dancers.

"Dude, everyone in here's a dude." Scott stated loudly to be hear over the pumping music. "I think we're in a gay club."

Bella didn't even notice Stiles had left her side until she turned her head. He was being caressed by drag queens. She stopped herself from bursting with laughter by covering her mouth with her hand.

"Man, nothing gets past those teen werewolf senses, huh Scott?" Stiles exclaimed sarcastically.

When Scott spotted Danny at the bar, they made their way over there. When they reached it, Danny had already wondered off into the crowd.

"Three beers." Stiles said, pumping his fist on the wood. Bella scowled at him, what was he doing? And as if she wanted a beer.

"IDs?" The bartender asked. Nice one, boyfriend, Bella insulted internally. She sighed before reaching into her bag and taking out her fake ID Stiles had given her. She placed the ID on the table, along with the boys. The bartender took a glance before grinning. "How about three cokes?" He handed the fake IDs back.

Bella placed the ID back in her bag, then hit Stiles arm. He gave her a look, which she returned with a sarcastic smile.

Stiles turned back to the bartender. "Rum and Coke? Sure!" He yelled over the music. Stiles bobbed his head to the music, however the bartender was really not amused. "Coke's fine actually. I'm driving anyway."

In a few seconds, a shirtless worker brought three cokes over. "That one's paid for." He told Stiles. Bella frowned before following the man's gaze to see a guy raising his bottle to show he had paid for Stiles' drink. Bella choked on her own breath.

"Oh, be quiet." Stiles told her.

"I didn't say anything.." Bella replied innocently before taking a sip of her Coke.

"Yeah, well your face did." Stiles argued. Bella raised her hands as if in surrender, then she turned around to watch the crowd. The boys followed her. "Hey, I found Danny." Stiles placed his coke on the bar.

"I found Jackson." Bella's mouth parted when she looked up to follow her brother's eyes. The Kanima was slithering along the club ceiling.. right above Danny.

"Get Danny." Scott told them, watching the Kanima.

"What are you going to do?" Bella asked, worried. Scott didn't reply, he only grew his claws.

"Works for me." exclaimed Stiles before grabbing Bella's hand and pulling her gently with him towards to crowd.

"Be careful, Scott." Bella whispered as she was pulled away. She knew he had heard her when his eyes flickered down from the ceiling, then back up. Scott nodded once, and Bella turned to face forward.

Bella and Stiles attempted to keep their hands together, but they were forced apart by the bodies seperating them. They both called Danny's name as they pushed past the thriving figures, Stiles being the only one to glance up to the Kanima as Bella couldn't face it. They were so close when they lost him.

"Danny!" Bella called, spinning on her feet and searching the crowd. They were pushed around by the dancing bodies and struggled to look for Danny. When Bella heard the screams, her heart stopped. All she could think of was Scott. "Scott!" She screamed, pushing past people to get to the clearing that they had made. Stiles frowned and followed her. When they reached the clearing, Bella swallowed her screams.

Bella tried to get to Danny, but Stiles kept pulling her back. "Come on, Bella, come on." He told her as he pulled her away.

When they were outside, they decided to wait for Scott in Stiles' jeep. Bella watched nervously as Scott spoke to Danny who was laying on a stretcher. When Scott climbed into the car, Bella bombarded him with questions.

"Are you okay?" She checked him over frantically before glancing to Danny. "Is Danny okay?" She glanced to the back seat. "Oh my god, Jackson, is Jackson okay?"

Scott chuckled. "I'm fine, Bella. Everyone's fine." He glanced around her to Stiles. "I couldn't get anything out of Danny."

"Ok, can we just get the hell of here noq before one of my Dad's deputies sees me?" Stiles pleaded. The siblings nodded. But just as Stiles turned the key in the ignition, Sheriff Stilinski's car pulled up. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Could this get any worse?"

"Mmmmmmm." Jackson murmered from the backseat.

"That was rhetorical!" Stiles yelled to him.

"Get rid of him." Scott exclaimed.

"Get rid of him? We're a a crime scene and he's the Sheriff." Stiles argued.

"Do something!" Scott demanded. Bella frowned as Stiles fidgeted and climbed out of the car.

Jackson began to stir and try to sit, Bella pushing him down gently. "Jackson, Jackson, you need to be quiet." She whispered. Scott and Bella watched Stiles and his father for a moment before Jackson murmered again. "Jackson, shh."

Jackson sat up. "What's happening?" He muttered, eyes still closed.

"Jackson, I'm sorry but-" Bella had no time to stop her brother before he punched Jackson square in the face.

"Scott!" Bella scolded as Jackson fell back. Scott winced before turning back to Stiles and his dad, smiling innocently along with Bella. Stiles patted his father's shoulder before walking back to the car and climbing in as he sighed.

"Uh.. what about your house?" Stiles asked the siblings as he drove frantically down the tarmac.

"Not with our mom there!" Scott replied. "We need to take him somewhere.. where we can hold him long enough to figure out what to do with him. Or long enough to figure out if he's dangerous."

"I still say we just kill him." Stiles suggested.

"We're not killing him." Bella exclaimed, leaving no room for discussion.

"Ah, ffffff- ok, ok." Stiles agreed. "I got an idea."

"Does it involve breaking the law?" asked Scott.

"By now don't you think that's a given?" Stiles replied.

"I was just trying to be optimistic." Scott said.

"Don't bother."

"What did you do?!" Bella yelled as she followed Stiles to the police van they had put Jackson in after they dropped her home, which she didn't agree to.

Stiles held out his hands, stopping her from freaking out. "He's fine, okay?" Bella nodded, pulling the sleeves of her sweater over her hands and walking to the van. Stiles unlocked the back doors, peaking inside before opening the door fully and climbing in, Bella following. Bella nor Stiles had sat down yet.

Stiles searched in the bag he had brought. "Ok, we brought you some-"

"Let me out!" Jackson ordered through gritted teeth, holding up his handcuffed hands. Bella fell against Stiles who fell against the metal wall, both of them sliding down to sit. "Now."

"Hey, I put those pants on you. Alright, buddy? One leg at a time!" Stiles exclaimed. Bella bit her cheek, certain that laughing wasn't ok at this point in time. "Being all up close and personal with your junk wasn't exactly a highlight of my day. So don't think this is fun for me either." Jackson glanced to Bella, and for a moment their eyes connected before Jackson looked down again. "You know we're actually doing you a favour?"

"This," Jackson held up his hands. "Is doing me a favour?" He seethed.

"Yes. You-You're killing people.. to death! Yeah." Stiles explained. "And until we can figure we can figure out how to stop you, you're gonna stay in here. Sorry." Stiles apologised, but they all knew he didn't mean it at all. Stiles fumbled through the bag, then holding up two sandwiches. "Now, do you want the Ham and Cheese, or the Turkey Club?"

"You actually think my parents wont be looking for me?" Jackson ignored Stiles question and asked his own. Bella looked nervously to Stiles.

Stiles shrugged, throwing one of the sandwiches to Jackson before taking Jackson's phone out of his pocket. "Not if they don't think anything's wrong." Stiles held up Jackson's phone for him to see. "Yeeah." Stiles smiled proudly at his plan.

"Scales? Like a fish?" Jackson asked in an annoyed tone.

Stiles had propped his legs up onto the bench Jackson was sat on, Bella, who's legs were crossed, had her hand in his. "No. More like a Reptile." Jackson rolled his eyes at Stiles' reply. "And your claws have this liquid that paralyzes people. And you have a tail."

"I have a tail?" Jackson replied in the same tone.

"Yeah, you have a tail." Stiles exclaimed, loving every second of Jackson's annoyence.

"Does it do anything?" asked Jackson.

"No. Not that I know of." Stiles replied.

Jackson jumped forward. "I can use it to strangle you." He threatened.

"Yeah, you still don't believe us." Stiles said, pretending to be shocked. "Alright," Stiles sat up. "the night of the semi-final game, what did you do right after?"

"I went home." Jackson said.

"Are you sure about that?" Stiles questioned.

"Yes, you idiot. What the hell else would I do?" Jackson replied in and irritated tone.

"You attacked me and Derek at the school and you trapped us in the pool. You also killed the mechanic - right in front of me, by the way, that was lovely - and one of Argent's hunters. Oh, and last night you tried to kill Danny." Stiles tried to convince Jackson, smiling when he finished.

"Why would I wanna kill my best friend?" Jackson asked.

"Well that's what Scott's out trying to figure out right now." Stiles said.

"Hm. Well maybe he should be trying to figure out how he's going to pay for a lawyer when I prosecute your asses all the way to jail!" Jackson yelled, making Bella wince slightly.

"Alright, well tell us this, on the night of the first full moon what happened?" Stiles asked.

"Nothing." Jackson spat, leaning back. "Nothing happened."

Stiles and Bella were standing beside the van, Stiles texting on Jackson's phone. Suddenly, Bella heard leaves rustling. She looked to her right, there was nothing except Stiles next to her. When she turned to her left, Allison was there. She almost jumped out of her own skin, placing a hand on her heart to steady the pace.

"They know." Allisons said simply.

"What?" Bella asked.

"They know Jackson's missing!" Allison shrieked.

"No, they can't. I've been texting Jackson' parents since last night. They don't have a clue." Stiles said frantically, holding up the phone.

Allison shook her head. "My grandfather told me, that Jackson's parents went to the police. They know." She reassured them.

The gears in Stiles' brain worked. His mouth dropped as he held up Jackson's phone by his fingertips, realising that his fingerprints would be all over the phone. He handed the phone to Allison before rushing to the van. Stiles opened the door and grabbed the radio, turning it on. Bella and Allison listened closely.

"All available units please report to Beacon Hills perserve as instructed. Proceed with caution until Sheriff Stilinski's arrival." The voice said through the speaker. Stiles turned to look back at Bella, who had a look of worry on her face. "Repeat, proceed with caution."

"Where are we going?" Bella asked after they had climbed into the van, worry audible in her voice.

"Somewhere very far from this." Stiles said, tapping away on Jackson's phone, then throwing it out the window before driving off.

When they reached their location, Scott having joined them, they walked to the edge of the cliff they were on.

"If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima, he's definitely not going to remember stealing Danny's tablet." Scott sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't know what's on it?" Stiles asked in an annoyed tone.

"Maybe someone else took it." Bella pondered.

"Then somebody else knows what he is." Stiles stated.

"Which means someone's protecting him." Scott exclaimed.

"The beastiary says 'the Kanima seeks a friend', right?" Allison asked.

"Ok, hold on, so.. Somebody watches Jackson making a video of himself turning into the Kanima, then just erases a part of it so he wouldn't know?" Stiles exclaimed, not convinced. "Wait who would do that?"

"Somebody who wanted to protect him?" Bella suggested.

"There's something else." Scott turned to Stiles. "You said the only thing you found online about the Kanima is that it only goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?"

"No, it can't be. He tried to kill all of us, remember? Except Bella." exclaimed Stiles, gesturing to Bella. She frowned, processing thoughts in her mind.

"Well, I- I don't think that it was actually trying to kill us." Scott turned to Allison. "Remember? When we were at Isaac's the first time, it just went right by us. Didn't it?"

Allison nodded. "You're right, it just ran off."

Scott turned back to Stiles. "And it didn't kill you, in the mechanic's garage."

"Well yeah, but it tried to kill me and Derek in the pool." Stiles replied quietly.

"Did it?" Scott questioned.

"It would of, it was waiting for us to come out." Stiles said.

"Maybe it was trying to keep you in." Bella whispered, looking down as she thought. She looked up, glancing to the three of them when she saw they had heard.

Stiles' mouth was making the shape of and 'O'. "Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?"

"Because, there's something else going on, and we don't know what it is." exclaimed Scott. "We don't know anything that's going on with Jackson, or why someone's protecting him."

"Know thy enemy." Allison said quietly, making everyone look to her. "It's just.. something my grandfather said."

"Alright, I got it. Kill Jackson. Problem solved." Stiles suggested. When they all looked to him, he held out his arms.

"He risked his life for us." Bella defended.

"Against Peter, you remember that?" Scott added.

"Yes, but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us, it's funny." Stiles exclaimed.

"I-It doesn't mean he's not still worth saving." Scott said.

"It's always something with him though." Stiles breathed.

"He doesn't know what he's doing." Scott argued.

"So what?" Stiles asked.

"So I didn't either!" Scott's voice had risen to a yell, he sighed then turned back to Allison. "Remember when I almost killed you and Jackson?" When Allison nodded, Scott spoke again. "I had someone to stop me. He has nobody."

"That's his own fault." Stiles excliamed. Bella's heart ached, she had always been closer to Jackson than they had. She had always understood him more.

"Doesn't matter. If we can save him, we should try."

When Stiles saw Scott and Allison together in the back of Allison's car, he knocked on the window. "You guys might wanna come take a look at this."

Stiles and Bella jogged to the van, Scott and Allison following. When the reached it, Stiles gestured to the open doors and the empty space where Jackson had been.

"I have to tell my father." Allison spoke. Soctt turned and began walking away slowly. "Scott, he's going to kill someone."

"Ok, tell him." Scott breathed. "Tell him everything."

"I gotta tell mine too." Bella looked to Stiles when he spoke. He had kept everything from his father, and just now he decided to be honest with him. It made Bella realise how bad things had gotten as she looked to the ground.

"This is all my fault." Scott exclaimed.

"It's not." Allison shook her head. "But we have to tell them, we're just a bunch of teenagers, we can't handle this."

"You're right." Scott said quietly, still having his back to them all.

Bella looked up to Stiles. "Is your Dad going to believe any of this?" She almost whispered.

"I don't know." Stiles replied in the same tone, looking down at her.

Scott slowly turned around, his eyes glowing like the stars in the sky. "He'll believe me."

"Can you buzz us in? I gotta see my dad." Stiles asked the officer, gesturing to the door. Stiles thanked him quietly before opening the door. He paused in the door way to look back at the siblings, then nodded and continued walking.

When Bella saw who was in Sheriff Stilinski's office, she almost choked. Jackson was there, sitting on the sofa in another officer's clothes. He smiled smugly. Jackson's Dad was also there.

Stiles' father walked into view. "Scott, Stiles, Bella." He nearly sighed. "Perfect timing." He gestured to the man behind him. "Have you met Jackson's father? Mister David Whittemore.. Esquire."

Jackson leaned forward in his seat. "That means lawyer." He addded quietly.

The three shared a look. If it was acceptable for them to speak, they would have said..

"We are so screwed."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorrrrrrrry, eh i don't really like this chapter either.

thank you for reading xx