Status: active/new

You Know I'm Never Gunna Let You Go.

I'm Not Weird or Anything.

Alex's POV/


"So you like none of them?" Jack questioned after I'd let him in.

"Nope, they're all either a fan girl or someone who looks like their either going to murder me or steal all my stuff. Who knew this would be so hard?" I replied. I'd recently put out an advert in the local paper for a room-mate, someone to live in my house when I'm not home and when I am. Otherwise, I'm just paying for nothing.

"That sucks. How many more do you have today?"

"Just one. A girl name Emmeline Taylor."

"I like her name. What does she do?" I rifled through the pages of applicants before finding hers.

"Er, she's going into her last year of college, studying Journalism." Jack nodded at this information.

"Doesn't sound like she's going to kill you or steal anything. Chances of her being a fan are unknown though."

"Fair point. So, what you up to for the rest of the day?" I asked, curious as to what he'd been doing later.

"No idea yet, might call Ri and see what he's doing. If he's actually in Maryland that is." He stated while rolling his eyes, I knew what that meant. Rian was usually with his girlfriend who lived in North Carolina, so we rarely saw him when we had time off.

"I haven't spoken to him since we got back, I think he's probably with her..." The doorbell cut me off, looking at the clock and then looking at Jack in confusion who looked just as confused.

"You expecting anyone?" He asked while trying to look out the door without moving. Stupid since there was a wall in the way.

"Nope, no one until this girl gets here, unless she's early?" I responded while wandering round to the door before opening it and seeing a small blonde in front of me.

"Alex right? I'm Emmeline, sorry I'm early, I finished work early and didn't see the point in going back home when coming here was closer." She spoke with a southern accent slightly laced in her voice.

"Yeah! Hey! It's fine that you're early, just let me get rid of the idiot." I replied while turning back into the house and nodding at Jack who instantly realised he had to leave.

"Hey, I'm Jack! I spend a lot of time round here, so you'll see me a lot but as for now, I'm off to my own home! So bye and see you later Al." Jack spoke.

"Oh kay, come on in and I'll give you a tour before we talk and stuff? Is that cool?" I asked her as she stepped inside and looked at me with interested crystal blue eyes.

---

"So that room is the other spare bedroom. You'd get a choice of which one you can have."

"Could I decorate it?" She asked while peering around, she was definitely a lot more interested in the house than the rest of people that I'd interviewed.

"Yeah, of course! You could also help me decide on a colour scheme for the main rooms, I'm bored of them."

"Oh that sounds so cool!" I chuckled quietly to myself at how cute she was before leading her back to the kitchen where I had my list of questions before pointing to a stool and sitting in my own.

"Okay so I have a bunch of questions which are just general to help me get to know you and whether or not you'll be the right one to live with me!" I told her before receiving a nod in response.

"Okay so why have you decided to apply for this advert?"

"Because I live with three other people, in a two bedroom apartment and I just want to be able to have my own space without having someone appear every five minutes when I want time to myself."

"Understandable. Do you smoke?"

"Nope."

"Good, neither do I. Do you have a job?"

"Yeah, I work in that small cafe place like a few streets away."

"Oh, the one owned by Mandy?" I loved that cafe.

"Yeah!"

"Best cakes sold in there. Er, would you consider yourself clean?"

"Yes, can't stand mess."

"That's good, I'm kinda tidy but I can be messy when I'm just not in the mood to tidy."

"I can handle that."

"So you're originally from Florida right? You planning on staying in Maryland after you've finished college?"

"Mmm, I suppose so. I've really grown to enjoy it here so I think I will."

After another half an hour of questions, I'd finally found the one I wanted to be my room-mate. She was perfect.

"Okay, that's all I have to ask you and I am happy to tell you that you are the one I have chosen to be my room-mate." Reaching in my pocket, I pulled out the spare key and handed it to her.

"OOOH, thank you, thank you so much!" The delight on her face because I'd picked her was pretty amazing.

"You can start moving in whenever you want."

Well this was going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Bit rusty because I usually write in 3rd person! Updates on this will be all over the place as I'm going to try and finish my other story before really getting into this one.

So comments or anything that should be better/doesn't make sense.