Someone Like You

One

“Mel!”

“Oomf!”

“Abs, you have you get off!”

“Sorry Mel,” The overly excitable scientist apologized, offering a hand to the petite dark auburn haired woman on the floor.

“It’s alright,” Melissa said softly, taking Abby’s hand and pulling herself up off the floor. After dusting off imaginary dust, she took a glance around the building that her escort had brought her to. Cubicles, phones constantly ringing from the neighboring desks, and a wall with pictures of criminals were just a few of the first things she had noticed right off the bat.

“Where is everybody?” Melissa asked, noticing that she and the gothic forensic scientist were the only ones who were currently in what was referred to as the bull pen.

Abby shrugged, taking a seat at her boss’s desk and kicking her feet up, leaning back in the chair. “Beats me,” She spoke. “I’m sure if you wait long enough they’ll be here.”

“Is that still Tony’s desk?” Melissa asked, hinting towards the rather clean work space that sat kitty corner from where Abby was seated.

“Yep, that’s his.”

Melissa nodded and wandered over, taking in a view of his home away from home. Random post-it notes lined the side of his computer screen with things like ‘chineese food’ and a phone number. She placed her fingers on the edge of the desk, showing off the obvious contrast between her manicured nails and the dull grey desk top.

“Tony, what are you doing?” She asked, looking up from her paperwork that she needed to fill out when she felt a pair of eyes attempting to see right through her clothes.

“Staring a beautiful woman?” He answered in complete seriousness.

“Gibbs wouldn’t like that,” She retorted, shifting her eyes back down to the ugly white forms that needed to be completed.

Tony chuckled. “But he isn’t here right now, is he?”

She set down her pen next to the stack of papers in a manila folder. She’d regret not filling them out later.

“And just what are you suggesting?” She asked rather playfully, raising her brow at him.

“Go out with me.”

“Excuse me?”

He shook his head. “I didn’t mean like that. I meant as friends…. For a couple drinks.”

“Tony….”

“C’mon Mel, it’s just a few drinks.”

She sighed, looking down at the papers staring back at her.

“Alright, fine,” She said closing the folder and placing it in a drawer underneath her desk. She stood up, reaching for her coat on the rack behind her. “Just a couple of drinks…. As friends…” She reminded him, gulping the last part of the sentence down her throat.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will only be a couple of chapters.
Inspiration came from a country star covering Adele's song. I love it.

Anyway, excuse the shitty layout.
It's the story that counts, not the layout, right?

Love,
Hannah