Someone Like You

Two

“So how have you been?” Abby asked from across the way.

“Oh, uhm, fine. I’ve been fine.”

“You don’t look fine,” She said with concern. “You look….”

“Lost?” A male voice called from near the elevators.

“Gibbs!” Abby shouted, jumping out of his chair and standing up next to his desk.

The silver haired man stopped in front of Melissa with fresh hot coffee in his hand. There was an exchange of looks, slight head tilting, and eyes that said everything that needed to be said out loud.

“It’s nice to see you again Mel,” He said softly, dismissing himself from their private conversation and stepping over to Abby.

“Where’s Tony and McGee?” Abby asked, noticing the lacking members from the group.

“Garage.”

Abby nodded. “Oh. Well, I found the link that we had been looking for between the mud on the Petty Officer’s collar and our killer.”

Melissa began to fade Abby’s rant about how the killer had dragged the body and how their original crime scene was tampered with to the back of her mind, focusing her attention back on Tony’s desk where she still stood.

A half smile began to form on her lips when she saw a small photo of the two of them together around Christmas last year taped to a pencil holder near the back side of his computer.

“Just one picture,” She whined. She had been begging all night for a picture of them together, but he kept denying her each time.

“I don’t get why you want one so bad,” He groaned, avoiding the camera yet again. “Why not live in the moment?”

Melissa rolled her eyes. “You don’t get it, do you?”

“No, I don’t.”

“It’s our first Christmas together! We need to remember this moment”

Tony tapped the side of his temple with his index finger. “I’ve already got it captured right here.”

“Just one,” She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

He cocked his head to the side, looking over at his girlfriend. To him, she looked absolutely adorable when she got mad. She pretended to pout even more, making her practically irresistible to him.

“Fine,” He said giving in to her wants. “One picture.”

“Thank you.”

“Gibbs, can you take it for us?” She asked, seeing as he was the first person to walk by.

“Sure,” He answered, jerking his head to the left which seemed to be a signal for something unclear to Melissa.

While she and Tony got themselves situated in front of the small Christmas tree that had been set up in Ducky’s home, the rest of the team joined them as well. This seemed odd since all she wanted was one picture. It wasn’t a big deal for everyone to be in the same room for it.

“On the count of three,” Gibbs announced. “One… two…”

“Wait, wait, wait!” Tony said, getting up from his spot next to Melissa near the Christmas tree.

“Oh come on Tony,” She complained. “Don’t do this now!”

Next thing she knew, her hands were being clasped over her gaping mouth as Tony knelt before her on one knee, holding open a small black velvet box containing a silver band and a sparkling diamond.

“Marry me Melissa?”

Her eyes stung as she tried to hold back the tears with all of her might, shaking her head in response to his proposal; everyone began to cheer in the room for the couple.

“Three,” Gibbs said softly, smiling as he captured the moment on to the digital camera’s memory card.
♠ ♠ ♠
Give me a couple minutes.
This is going to go up quick.
Once I stop playing around with the layout.

Love,
Hannah