Someone Like You

Five

Melissa gulped. “Engaged?”

Abby nodded.

“That lying bastard,” She hissed, jumping to her feet and beginning to pace before Abby. “He told me he’d never find another girl like me! HA! What a load of a bull shit.”

“Mel…”

“You know, I was in love with him. I was in love. And then he goes and tells me all of this shit that I should’ve never believed.”

“Mel…”

“God, they’re all just like this, aren’t they? Where are the decent men anymore?”

Abby sighed, letting Melissa rant on about how Tony was such a bad man and how she should just walk right up to him and slap him across the face. Abby just sat there with her elbows dug in to her knees, head in her palms, fingers covering her ears, watching her best friend practically spill her whole heart out in front of her.

“She knows,” Gibbs said, walking up to Abby and handing her a Caf-Pow.

“Oh sweet, thank you!” She groaned, taking the caffeinated beverage and sucking it down almost immediately.

“She doesn’t know the other half yet, does she?” Gibbs asked, taking in bits and pieces of Melissa’s rant.

Abby shook her head. “I tried telling her Gibbs, but she wouldn’t let me!”

He smirked, laughing a little as well. “She’s got a thick skull.”

“A real thick skull.”

“What an idiot,” She cursed. “I was so---“ She was cut short by Gibbs’s hands on her shoulders.

“You need to talk to him.”

“Damn right I need to talk to him!” She sneered.

“No, you need to talk to him about why you came here,” Gibbs corrected. “Not to bitch him out.”

“Why would he even care?” She asked, turning herself around. “He’s got a new fiancé now. He doesn’t care about me.”

“He’s got no one.”

“What?”

The older gentleman’s eyes stared right at her own, letting her know that what he was about to say was the truth, even if it hurt.

“He left her, just like you left him.”

“H-He…”

“Go. Talk.”

She stood in the middle of the living room of their apartment that they shared. Well, used to share anyway. All of her belongings were packed in her car and all she needed to do was make a clean get away.

However, that wasn’t going to be easy.

Those years spent together are partners at Baltimore Police Department where just the beginning for their relationship. They were best buds, always cracking jokes with one another.

She drew in a deep breath, letting it escape past her lips slowly. She walked over the counter where she placed her hand written note and slipped the sparkling engagement ring off of her finger, leaving it on the piece of paper for him to find later.
♠ ♠ ♠
yesterday was the time of our lives.