Untitled

Blood -20

Blood
The red dripping from her lips was not that of any food or drink he’d ever consumed. The smile on those lips was not one he’d ever seen grace her face. He had seen all her flaws, but he hadn’t expected this.
“Oh, Matt, why are you staring at me so?” The smile did not change to suit her tone or question, it remain the same conniving smirk, matching her red stained lips.
“What are you drinking? Or eating? Whatever it is it looks disgusting on your lips.” It was a lie, but it made him feel saner. More safe in his own skin.
“Oh Matt! You wound me with those harsh words of yours.” She briefly looked away in faux offense but as Matt stepped closer he stopped as she slowly turned back around to face him. “Didn’t you ever wonder where those girls whose hearts were shattered after you broke them went? Why they hadn’t begged for your love again?” she brought her wine glass to her lips awaiting his response. The Canadian frowned slightly.
“What are you talking about?” he stepped a few more paces closer. “You know I asked Al about that.” A single step further...
“Blood is a wonderful thing. It’s the life in us, no?” a wicked grin spread across her face, ‘Blood...?’ Matt thought, only to be drawn from them by the sound of dripping.
“What’s that dripping noise?” the grin had not faltered nor wavered and she looked up at him through thick lashes.
“A red liquid; the very same I am drinking.” She pointed to a plate of meat, salad and fried slices of potato. “A liquid that accompanies that meal quite nicely.” She placed her glass on the table, standing chest-to-chest with Matt. “You should try some.” She whispered in his ear, picking up her glass and lifting his right hand up for him to take it from her grasp. “I dare you.” She added, placing her hand on his chest as she moved away. Still uncertain about her state of mind he brought the glass to his lips. It did not stay in his mouth long as he spat it out the moment the fluid met his taste buds. ‘Blood.’
“What the fuck are you drinking blood for?” she giggled in response dancing around him, her arms snaking around his neck.
“And just what do you think I was eating?” Matt frowned. “Or might I ask who?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I might continue this in another prompt, probably 32- Murderer. :D Hope I didn't scare(or scar) anyone too much.