For You

chapter thirteen

I sit back stage after our set, my breathing is uneven and everything seems to be spotty. I run my fingers over my face and stare at the ground trying to get my vision to focus but it only seems to be getting worse. I begin to feel lightheaded and as I bring myself up to my feet and head to the bus. It’s going to be a long walk and I can only hope I don’t pass out. Holding myself against other bands buses I try use them as support as I head to my bus but I can feel myself slipping away.

I know I won’t make it to my bus so I deiced to get help. I look up to the bus I’m using for support and curse under my breath, The Maine. Taking a deep breath and I stumble to the bus door and begin banging on it hoping someone will open soon. The door opens and I stumble forward a bit and look up to see John’s face. And he looks concerned.

“Chris? Chris what’s wrong?” John asks as he lifts me with easy and carries me into the bus. He lays me down on one of couches in the front of the bus before getting me some water and helping me drink it.

Soon the dizziness passes and everything is beginning to focus. I rub and my eyes and lay my head down staring blankly at the floor. This is embarrassing. John sits next to me and I can feel his stare burning into me so I look up to him but he quickly looks away. I roll my eyes.

He’s acting like kid. “Thanks.” I say sitting up. Everything still feels a bit uneasy but I know I’ll be able to make it to my bus without passing out.

“I’ll walk you.” John instantly says standing up as well and resting his hand on my arm to guide me out. I let him guide me, not because I’m afraid I’ll collapse but because I like the feeling of his hand on my arm. I like the feeling of him being protective. “Maybe you should eat something.” John says awkwardly.

“Like food?” I question.

No, like shit.

“Well I mean, yeah…”

It’s awkward again and it feels like my bus is miles. As we talk toward my bus we run into Austin, he instantly recognizes me and smiles. “Hey, I remember you.” He says waving a bit awkwardly at me. “I never got your name.”

“Chris.” I mutter under my breath still trying to get my eyes to adjust. I rub at my eyes some more. I pull my arm away from John’s grasp, “I think I got it from here.” I mutter and continue to my bus feeling completely worn out and tired.

John doesn’t go after me, and Austin doesn’t bother me.

I get to my bus soon and walk in finding it empty. I sigh and smile lightly because that means no one will question me for looking sick, looking like I’m about to pass out.

I get to my bunk and curl into my sheets instantly slipping into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's so short ):
i promise the next one will be longer (:
<3