Remember Me Please

The accident

It was raining. Lightning streaked the sky like little veins. The wind whipped the trees, making them shutter and shake with ferocity. Marley drove with caution through the storm and hoped to make it home to see her fiance arrive home from the airport. His flight had left early and missed the storm. The drive would be the longest for him since they owned a private ranch in the country side of North Carolina.

Marley was anxious to see him. It had been a month since they were together last and he had just finished touring with his band members. She had flown to New York to watch one of his shows and could only stay for a few days. Working at an animal shelter part time and airbrushing vehicles for a living, it was hard to get time off.

The road was flooded in some spots but nothing too outrageous. It was around 9:00 pm and home was about another thirty minutes away. Her eyes were glued to the road and she was a little nervous. The radio that was turned down low had a news report for the storm. Marley turned it up and listened carefully to what was being said:

"The storm that has struck the western part of North Carolina doesn't look like it's clearing anytime soon. I'd suggest that if anyone is on the roads, get to your homes or a nearby shelter soon. Reports of possible hail is another factor this storm has brought. Some roads have been closed due to flooding. The affected counties are as follows: Asheville, Boone, Charlotte, Concord, Gastonia, Hickory, Huntersville......" Marley reached down to flip off the radio and grabbed a CD from the top of her sun visor. The CD she wanted was of her soon to be husband. She knew it would make her feel better if she heard him play. But the CD wasn't wanting to come out. The CD visor was really packed with other Cd's. Marley pulled it with all of her effort and the CD came out. As she did this, another vehicle was sliding into her lane and coming towards her.

When Marley glanced up, she seen the lights and knew it wasn't going to be good. She closed her eyes and thought of her future wedding. Her fiance. The baby she was going to tell him about tonight. Then all went blank.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, but I want to start the next chapter out after the crash. I would LOVE comments. Let me know if you like it or not. Please!!
Peace. Loves