Remember Me Please

Thinking straight

It was almost noon when Marley got her thoughts together. She had a wad of cash that equaled 500 dollars in her pocket and no ID. The strangest yet though was the ring in her other pocket. It was real, she could tell. But nothing that would help her figure out who she was.

After walking for a while, she came across a stream under some maple trees. She was glad. Marley was thirsty and needed to clean up some. Though she couldn't see herself, she knew she was a mess. She tore a piece of her jacket and soaked it in the water. When she brought it to her face, it's cool water was a relief to her bruised spots. She gently washed the caked blood off and rinsed the piece of clothing. Marley felt somewhat better.

She had to find a town or city soon. Not knowing where you are was to much for Marley to bear. She didn't know which way she should walk; towards the assorted trees in front of her, follow the creek's flow to her right, walk up the creek near the shadiness of the trees, or walk back to where she woke up. Her instincts told her to follow the creek, since they normally lead somewhere where people are.

In the end, she decided to follow the creek to where ever it went.

After refreshing at the creek, walking didn't make her head hurt as bad. She was still shivering a bit but not too bad since the North Carolina heat warms up real quick. Today was mild.

An hour later, she began to hear some noises up ahead. As she quietly walked closer to the sound, she seen smoke billowing from a chimney top. The noise she heard was a radio playing some older country music. Then the DJ came on with the latest news.

"We have an update on the burglary that happened yesterday. A male around the age of 29 was eventually caught hiding in a bunch a forest area near Shelby. The male, identified as Mark Hopkins, has yet to release the whereabouts of his accomplice who escaped, a 25 year old female. The only information holding is that they stole some jewelry and around 1000 dollars in cash. We'll have further information later on this evening."

Marley stood as still as a tree in a storm. She began to shake again, though this time, it wasn't because she was cold. Little did she know, she had just missed the report of her disappearance by a few seconds.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, but it's late and I'm really tired. I love comments! LOL
Peace. Loves