Remember Me Please

What are you going to do?

Syn set down his glass of water on the coffee table in front of him as he slowly set down, rubbing his face with his hand. It was getting dark, which was around 7:00pm since it was fall.

He was in a constant anxiety over Marley being missing. Where was she? Why haven't they found her? If she's dead, which he prayed not, why haven't they found her body? He knew she loved him, so why would she do something on purpose? Besides, he definitely made sure she knew he loved her. Hell, he'd even proposed to her. In his opinion, that should make any girl love him. Not that he was being arrogant, but with all the girls that liked him through his rock star persona, they wouldn't agree to marrying him and then walk out. Unless they wanted money or publicity. Syn knew Marley wasn't like that though. The only reason Marley would ever do this would be the pressure of being a rock star's wife. And that was highly unlikely since they had discussed that outcome. She wouldn't just disappear for a whole day without anyone seeing her.

He laid down on the couch and propped his head on the pillow. He was glad the pillow still held her scent, being it was the only thing that comforted him enough to drift into sleep.

~!@@!~

He must have dosed off he thought when he heard someone knocking on the door. He glanced at the power clock on the table. It was 1:00 am. Who could be knocking at this hour. No, he thought, I hope it's not the police with bad news. He ran into the dog who was sleeping near the door and almost tripped.

"Dammit!," he cursed under his breath and continue to the door after assuring the dog he was sorry.

He opened the door to see his best friend there, Zacky.

"Oh hey man, come in. Why are here this late?"

"I was wanting to know how you were holding up. I thought about calling but I figured it would be more effective if I just came over. Plus, on the phone you wouldn't probably say much. Also it was late, so I couldn't sleep. You know the way I am."

"Yeah, sure. I guess your right about calling."

"I seen your conference with the press this morning. They were tough huh?"

"It was to be expected."

"So, how are you?", asked Zacky, emphasizing how.

"Man, I don't know. I'm scared, worried, nervous all at the same time. I mean, I never thought that this would happen."

"I'm no therapist, but I'd say that's normal. I can only imagine if we, I mean the guys and I, were in the same situation. I can't necessarily say I know how you feel, but Marley's a part of family, so it's almost the same as losing a sister. We all feel that way."

"Thanks, I know. Don't take anything for granted."

Zacky stood up and started walking to the door, where he too nearly tripped over the dog too. "So man, what are you going to do?"

"About what?... the dog, the TV interview, or you?", said Syn with all seriousness except for the question concerning Zacky.

"I guess everything."

"I don't know. I'm not sure myself. But I know that the dog is no going to move and you are definitely not sleeping with me."

"Well, at least there is still a little bit of a smart ass still in you.

"H'm. Not a lot."

"Well, don't do anything stupid, OK?," replied Zacky as gave Syn a brotherly hug.

"I promise I won't. Tell the boys I send my thanks."

"Alright." Zacky shut the door and walked to his car. Syn watch Zacky pull out of the drive way and patted the husky sleeping on the floor.

"I'm going to bed," he told the dog,"if I can sleep. She'll be back soon," he said reassuring himself rather than the dog.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments! I'm tired and going to bed.
Peace. Loves