Remember Me Please

Criminal

Marley heard dogs barking. They were getting closer to where she lay under a broken pine. The sky was still dark and the air had a little chill to it. She sat up and curled into her body for warmth. Every little crunch or crack in the woods made her nervous.

The dogs were almost to the pine now and she didn't know what to do. Run? Stay? Either way they would catch her. If it was the police, they wouldn't give up on finding her. Only, she wanted to figure out who she was exactly before admitting to the crime. Marley didn't believe she could ever commit a crime but she didn't remember her life before waking up in the field.

Crack! Marley jumped to her senses. The dogs had quit barking. Where were the dogs? If she wouldn't have been lost in thought, she would have paying attention. Now she was worried. Again, there was a crack behind her and she turned to watch in that direction. A black nose sniffed through the bushes and into her view, followed by a yellow muzzle and ears. After a quick minute, the whole body appeared, reveling the golden lab. Then it's copper colored friend came out behind him. Marley was instantly relieved to see that no policemen were behind them.

"Hey guys," Marley said as they came over to her and began to lick her fingers. "What are you doing out here? I bet your lost like me. You guys scared me."

The dogs acted as if they understood what she said and picked up their ears.

"Well, I'll tell you what I know. I'm out in the middle of I don't know where and I apparently stole a bunch a jewelry. So I'm on the run now and a criminal."

She sat there for a while petting the dogs and seemed somewhat at ease now that she had companions. For how long, she didn't know, but it was better than nobody.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, this isn't as long as I wanted it to be but I hadn't updated in a while so hopefully the next chapter will be soon!

Peace. Loves