Status: Rated 'R' for langugae and sexual situations.

Anybody

quatre.

“Focus, Sharp!” Coach Q called out to the right winger. “You’re all over the place today.”

Patrick nodded and did his best to refocus on the task at hand. It was something he should have been the best at; a shootout. As much as he had tried his best to put his mind on what was happening in front of him, his mind kept wandering back to the night before. More specifically, to Penelope.

There was something about the way she had left with a simple wave and smile. None of his one night stands had been that easy to get rid of. Hell, with Penelope, she was trying to get away. It was nice not having to deal the drama of the usual puck bunny.

But a part of Patrick almost wanted to have to deal with Penelope in the morning.

Whoa,’ he thought. ‘Don’t think like that!

It was true, though. Penelope had taken ahold of Patrick and she wasn’t letting go. At least, not in his head.

His thoughts were completely filled with the dancer. What was she doing now? Was she thinking about last night too? Maybe she was thinking about him instead?

A whistle blew loudly and Patrick was brought out of his thoughts.

“Suicides!” Coach Q yelled to the young team. “Courtesy of Sharpie!”

There was a collective groan from the team and Patrick was shoved around a bit. No one was happy with Patrick Sharp and that included Penelope.

*****

Across town, she was having similar problems. Company class would be over in just thirty minutes, but Penelope had been off all morning.

“Watch your turn out, Meyers,” Hunt scowled. “Arms held firm here.”

Penelope nodded once and made the corrections, only to fall out of them quickly.

“Across the floor, everyone,” their teacher announced.

The class moved from their positions at the center of the room into a line across the side mirror to get ready for their leaps.

This was something Penelope had always been good at. Her legs spread to a perfect line with toes pointed in the air and arms stretched out. But something was off today. And that something had a name. Patrick Sharp.

She couldn’t stay focused on what was going on. Her mind wandered to replay everything that had happened the night before. She saw the tour she had given, the club, dancing with Patrick, and everything that had happened at Patrick’s apartment played back to her. It was incredibly distracting. Penelope didn’t like distractions.

She could see Hunt watching her like a hawk. Usually, that type of thing didn’t make her nervous, in fact, it almost always meant good things were about to come your way. But today, when Penelope was so off her game, it only worsened her already bad technique.

“You’re free to go,” he said. “Meyers, stick back a minute.”

Shannon and Marissa looked at their friend, knowing the full story as to what had happened last night. They were surprised it was getting to her.

“We’ll wait around for you,” Shannon assured Penelope in a whisper.

As the room cleared, Penelope turned to face her teacher. This couldn’t be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just something short to deal with the aftermath of the night before. The next one will have some more Penelope/Patrick interaction. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!