Status: Rated 'R' for langugae and sexual situations.

Anybody

cinq.

“And then,” Penelope ranted from her spot on the couch in the loft’s living room. “And then, he has the nerve to assume that I’m seeing someone!”

“What makes that bad?” Marissa asked.

“Because he thinks that I wouldn’t be able to handle a boyfriend and dance at the same time!” she said throwing her hands up in the air.

“I’m sure that’s not what he meant,” Shannon said placing an ice pack onto Penelope’s ankle. She was always the optimistic one.

“Don’t go defending him, Shannon,” Penelope bit back. “He thinks that he knows how our minds work and he’s so damn wrong.”

Their conversation was cut short by the sound of their loft door being knocked on.

“Who the hell’s knocking on our door? And why are you two so dressed up? Oh my God, are you guys going out?” Penelope fired off questions as her two friends got up to answer the door. “Who’s taking you two out and why wasn’t I invit-,” she saw her friend’s guests. “Oh. Hi.”

Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews stood next to her roommates.

“Hey there, Penelope,” Pat nodded.

“Hi,” Jon nodded. “Hope you don’t mind we’re stealing your roommates for the night.”

“Oh, not at all,” she lied. “I’ll just be here, wallowing in my self-pity.”

Marissa and Shannon both snorted.

“That’s a load of bull shit if I ever heard one,” Marissa laughed. “You were just ranting on Hunt.”

“Doesn’t mean I’m not hurting,” Penelope huffed.

“Well,” Shannon said. “I think that’s our cue to leave.”

“Wait!” Penelope said getting off the couch and limping over to her friends and the hockey players. She glared at the two men. “You hurt them, I hurt you. It’ll be worse than any hockey fight you’ve ever been in and Kane, you’ll wish you actually had your mouth guard in. Got it, boys?”

The look on her face was enough to make them nod nervously.

She cracked a smile. “Glad that we understand each other. Have them back here by 11, no excuses.”

“Thanks, Mom,” Marissa rolled her eyes as the group began walking out.

“Oh,” Pat stopped and turned around. “Sharpie told me to tell you to talk to him. Says it’s important.”

*****

Penelope had no intention of calling Patrick that night. Her dancing had been bad enough after a night with him and she didn’t need to risk talking with him. But after he had sent her the twelfth text and his third call went to voicemail, Penelope picked up.

“What do you want?”

“Someone’s moody,” he said. “I want to talk.”

“No shit,” Penelope huffed sitting down on the couch with the t.v. on low. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Can I see you in person? Like, tonight?” Patrick asked.

Penelope looked at the clock. It was nearly 8 o’clock and the city was dark. Her friend’s had only been gone for two hours and she was already bored out of her mind. It was a bad idea to go out, but she had nothing better to do.

“I guess,” she sighed. “Where?”

“There’s a bar on 34th,” he said. “Meet you there in 20?”

“I’m a girl, Sharp,” Penelope said. “A girl that is currently in no state to be going out. Make it 30 and we’ve got a deal.”

“30 it is,” Patrick agreed with a small laugh. “You know where it is?”

“Kellman’s, right?” she got up to get ready. “The loft’s not too far from there.”

“Right, I’ll see at 8:30?”

“I said I’d be there,” Penelope said pulling on a pair of jeans instead of her yoga pants. “And I will be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short one to really get into my ideas for this story. The next one is one I think you'll all like and after that, things will move pretty quickly. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies! I'd really appreciate a comment!