Status: Rated 'R' for langugae and sexual situations.

Anybody

neuf.

“What do you mean she left?” Jon asked in a hushed tone that day in the locker room. The media still filtered around the room, but they had finished with the captain and his alternate.

Patrick sighed. “Just that. I told her the truth and she ran away.” He shook his head as he unlaced his skates. His voice turned to a mumble. “I don’t know what I expected her to do.”

“Hey man,” Kane said settling into the stall next to Jon. “How’d it go?”

“You told him you were going to tell her?” Jon asked. “And not me?”

Patrick rolled his eyes and remained quiet.

“So I’ll take it things didn’t go too great?” Kane concluded. “Sorry, Sharpie.”

“Yeah, well, we can’t all find girls like Shannon and Marissa, now can we?” Patrick burst out. He quieted himself as the some media personnel looked at him strangely. “We’re not all that lucky.”

“Maybe we could talk to them,” Jon offered. “They could talk to Penelope. They’re her best friends, after all.”

“No,” Patrick bit back. “I don’t want you guys doing anything.”

“Then what are you going to do?” Kane asked.

Patrick shrugged. “There’s not a lot I can do. If she won’t talk to me, she won’t talk to me.”

“Dude,” Jon said putting a hand on his friend’s shoulder. “You can’t back down. What did you say Marissa told you? Something about showing her Penelope real love? Maybe that’s what you gotta do.”

“I don’t know what the fuck real love is, Tazer,” Patrick said stepping away from his captain. “I thought I did, but apparently, I was wrong.”

Without another word, Patrick left the locker room to head home in the hopes of getting his mind off Penelope. But deep down, he knew that wouldn’t happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost at the end! Just a few more chapters. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!