Status: Updated every 3-5 days

Live As If We Died

Fifteen

We went to a party at a friend of a friends - at least that's how it went for me. Bands were all over the place. Bands that I knew and loved, whether it was on a friendship level or just one quick exchange of words. We all threw back too many shots and bad things started happening in a sequence that I could barely recall. I don't remember who did what first or how exactly it ended.

After the first forty five minutes of drinking with Mike, something must of caught his eye as he slipped away from me. I walked over to the bar to find Austin and Tino from Of Mice & Men with Jake from Mayday Parade standing there looking pretty, ready to do more shots. I accepted since I wasn't sure what mischief Mike was getting into. After so many, the room started to tilt on its axis. I felt good, but it was obvious that I had somewhat slipped away into oblivion. Austin, who was crashing into my side as we both tried to hold each other up while stumbling across the bar, was going on about something his cat had done the other day. Both of us giggled like little girls as we walked.

"Victor!" I screamed. I hadn't seem him in a week. His face was completely red when he looked at me and his eyes seemed lazy. On him, it looked cute.

"Juliet, my dear!" He spoke in an accent that made both me and Austin laugh so hard that we almost fell over. Austin and I always had a good time together and it didn't matter if we were sober or not. He was the brother that I never had and I enjoyed his company more than any of my friends. He knew all of my deepest secrets, my fears, my dreams, and what was truly in my heart. If I would've never been introduced to him, I have no idea where I'd be in my life right now. For all that I'd know, I'd be a bigger wreck than I already was before I met Mike.

This was all a nice break from work, and thankfully, it was the weekend so I could sleep tomorrow's hangover away. Alan and his girlfriend walked over to us with concern written all over his face. He hiccuped before he spoke. "Mike." He slurred with another hiccup. "Go find him."

I didn't know what he meant, I just hoped that he wasn't hurt or in trouble. With Austin by my side, we searched the entire place until I spotted Mike leaning against a wall with another girl in his arms. This wasn't going to be pretty. She leaned in for a kiss and to my surprise, he turned his head before she could. Lucky for him, it wasn't in my direction. I was ready to wail on him, but I wanted to be a fly on the wall for a little bit longer. "What do we do now?" Austin asked me. I shrugged and crossed my arms, yet still making sure I was leaning into the awkward skyscraper that was Austin Carlile so I didn't fall.

"He's such an asshole!" I screamed. No one heard me over the music. And I knew exactly what Austin was going to say, but I didn't want to hear those words come out of his mouth.

"I told you so." Those four words made me full with even more rage. I made a silent growling noise behind my clenched teeth. Mike was going to get an ear full by the end of the night.

We watched a bit longer. His hands were grasped around her skinny waist and her fingers stroked his face and tangled in his hair.

Did he even remember my existence? At this point, I was filled with fury, but for some reason, all I wanted to do was sit back and watch to see what was going to unfold. Maybe everyone was right about Mike, but it made me think about everything that we had done in the past months. Everyone said that with me, Mike was different, that I wasn't like the other girls that he had been with. I just wasn't them and he wasn't himself with me. It's pathetic to see the two right in front of my eyes and my reaction wasn't even well thought out. I laced my arm with Austin's and started walking towards Mike and the girl.

"Hey." No anger was in my voice and I had a slight smile on my face while I leaned up against the wall. Mike jumped at the sound of my voice and when he looked at me, he looked as if he'd seen a ghost.

"Querida," his eyes were wide and his jaw was almost on the floor. He knew that he had been caught doing something he shouldn't of been doing. He was like a child that was doing something he shouldn't of been and to me, that was hilarious to witness.

"What are you doing?" I smiled more and the girl had finally let go of Mike and looked at me. Her face alone told me that she was a bitch and was out to get me for whatever it was I had done wrong in her life.

"Who the fuck is this?" The girl fumed. It was obvious that there was quite a bit of alcohol in her system and some other drug by looking at her face which was full of red blotchy circles and her eyes were completely glassed over.

"Katy," he sighed, placing a hand on the small of my back, "this is my girlfriend, Jules. Jules, this is an old friend, Katy." I felt myself growing timid and I saw that she was doing the same thing. It was a hideous feeling knowing that the one man standing between us was making us feel the same way. Perhaps it was a story of the ex and the new lover.

"You two looked awfully cozy," I snarled. The girl, Katy, opened her mouth the way a bear would if it were going in to attack its prey. I was almost thankful that words weren't coming out of her mouth because in my drunken state, I wouldn't of been able to fight anyone with words or physical action. After a few more moments, she closed her wide jaw as if she were in shock and started chewing on her bottom lip. She looked guilty, almost if she had been in this situation many times and knew better than anyone to keep her mouth shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUNDUNDUNDUNNNNNNN... Don't worry, there will be a continuation of this chapter (;
I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A LONG TIME, I FEEL SO BAD. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!
I feel like a lump of shit, you guys have no idea. I had a small idea for a chapter and started working at it and this is as far as I got. Don't be upset because when it all comes down to it, Mike and Juliet will be okay.
I'm trying to get chapters up faster now that a lot has calmed down, but I still have a lot to do at school and quite a few fan fictions to keep up (not only Mibba ones, but ones over on fanfiction.net, also.)

Thank you to these lovely commenters for their support:
RosiePosie08
ewthatscute
JasmineSWS


Please subscribe and comment more, you guys. I'm going to try my hardest to not let you guys down again.

Chapter Title: "Your Love" by The Outfield