Status: Updated every 3-5 days

Live As If We Died

Two

When I woke up the following morning, Jaime demanded that I had to look as presentable as possible because the guys were going to come over and go out to eat Since I would be staying with him until I could find my own place, I did what I was told. I went on with my normal routine, trying to block out the thought of that asshole that I wasted a good chunk of my life with. The entire morning was spent not only trying to get the dark circles under my eyes to go away, but blasting Nirvana's Unplugged album, remembering how much Austin hated Nirvana and the Foo Fighters. It was almost cleansing.

Once I stepped out of my room after getting dressed and finishing my hair and makeup, Jaime was in the hall and his jaw dropped slightly. "Miss Jaffe, I thought it would be months until I saw you look normal again." He laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Don't let the makeup fool you, kid. You said the guys were coming over and I'd rather not look like I did last night." I sighed at his sympathetic stare. "By the way, thanks for the heads up that Mike was gonna be here. I looked like shit." Again, he laughed and I walked away, but he pulled me back before I got to the first step that headed towards the living room.

"You can go back to bed if you want to, Jules. It's okay, I know you feel like shit and they'd understand also. Just don't bottle up your emotions. We both know how bad that is for you." It was almost a warning for me. It was exactly what I was doing, even if it was the worst thing possible to do.

"I haven't seen Tony in a long time, and I miss hanging out with you," I frowned. "I just need guy time to get my mind off of things."

"You're taking this way too well, love." He threw his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I smiled, knowing that he truly cared about my emotional and mental state. When he let go, I winked at him and started to head down towards the chatter in the living room.

"Tony!" I screamed once I got to the bottom of the steps. His eyes widened. He probably thought I'd come down in sweatpants with my hair pulled back and no make-up on, just like Jaime did. Tony got up and smiled at me, pulling me into a big hug and lifting me off of the floor which made me squeal out of the unexpected gesture.

"How are you holding up?" He asked me as Vic was on his way over to greet me.

"I'm as good as I can be, I guess." I shrugged and put my arms around Vic. I had only met him a handful of times, but man did he give great hugs.

"Well you look killer," Vic laughed as he let me go.

Across the room, a set of eyes were staring at me. It was the first time I saw him in light, which made me blush uncontrollably. Last night I hadn't noticed the piercings or endless tattoos that were all over his body, but if I would have known he looked like this and acted the way he did last night, I would've wanted to meet him a long time ago.

"Damn," Mike mumbled, "you clean up well."

"It took her three fucking hours," Jaime yelled from the kitchen. Mike was walking up to me with an unreadable look on his face. He smiled the most beautiful smile I had ever seen in my entire life. Then, he did something I did not expect: He headed in for a hug.

"You look very good," he whispered into my ear, sending chills up my spine. I bit my lip as he pulled away, luckily no one noticed.

"Didn't know you two knew each other," Tony pointed out.

"We met last night when I was an absolute mess. We had a blasty-blast, trust me." My voice was dripping sarcasm, but it at least made everyone smile or let out a little laugh.

"Don't be snarky, babe" Jaime warned while putting sitting on the leather couch to put on his shoes.

"Sorry, babe," I ran to sit down next to him and lay a head on his shoulder only to have him shove me off. "You're taking forever, can we just go?" I was growing increasingly impatient for no reason at all. It could have been because Mike wouldn't take his eyes off of me.

Once Jaime stood up, all five of us headed out the door. I raced over to my car, claiming that I was driving Jaime and Tony since Jaime never let me listen to the music I wanted to. "You've been playing Nirvana all morning, though," Jaime whined and tried to convince me to let him drive his own car.

"No, get in." I said sternly, unlocking the doors. He finally sighed and gave in, taking shot gun, leaving the backseat for Tony. As I started to pull out of the driveway, someone opened one of the doors in the backseat.

"I'm not riding with Vic," Mike said as he closed the door behind him.

"Who said you could tag along with us?" I asked him and started to laugh.

"We're going to the same place, so who cares." That was the last thing anyone said in the car due to the music being far too loud to talk over. To Jaimes surprise, I put on Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace by the Foo Fighters instead. The entire drive to the bar, I could see Mike smiling at me in the rearview mirror. Finally, he offered me a cigarette, trying to figure out if it was okay to smoke in the car or not. I accepted in a heartbeat, even though I had a pack in my purse. He lit it for me and passed it up front. "You don't look like the smoking-type," Mike said once we got out of the car.

"Looks can be deceiving," I told him and from there, he had nothing left to say to me. We walked side by side into the bar and ordered our food.

"Isn't it a little to early for that?" Vic asked me when the bartender brought over two strawberry margaritas.

"I'm broken hearted, Vicky," I faked a frown and started chugging on the drink, forgetting that I was going to get a serious brain freeze.

"You're a dumbass," Jaime laughed at me when they realized I drank it way too fast. I kicked him underneath the table and he let out a yelp.

+++

"I'm starting to think you're a different breed." Mike walked up behind me a few seconds after I headed outside for another cigarette. Since I had just lit mine up, I offered it to him like he had done in the car. "You think I want lipstick all over me, girl?"

"Just trying to be nice." I admitted, staring off into the distance. "What do you mean by different breed?" I finally asked after a minute.

"You're not a normal chick, are you?" He asked with the cigarette dangling between his lips.

"What makes you ask that?" I giggled and inhaled the smoke, watching the stick burn down and turn to ashes.

"To go from how you were last night to how you are now... I don't know, it kind of astonishes me. In less than 10 hours you're a completely different person." I thought his words over and shrugged them off.

"You have to deal with the bullshit hands you're dealt, right?" A sigh escaped my lips and caught him off guard. "Thank you, by the way."

His face looked nothing but confused. "For what?"

"Being the perfect, sweet stranger last night." From the corner of my eyes, I saw his lips turn up into a smile and his head nod, making me smile back.

"Like I said, you're way too pretty to be that upset." He tossed his cigarette into the parking lot effortlessly. I turned red again and looked at my feet.

He headed back towards the door and turned back around. "Do I have lipstick on me?" I couldn't help laughing at his question.

"Just a little," I put my finger up to his lips and started rubbing off the lipstick residue from the cigarette. Touching him made my heart race, especially because of the look in his eyes. "There." I said once it was all off. I stomped out my cigarette and headed towards the entrance of the bar, but Mike just stood there dumbfounded. "What?" I finally asked when he wasn't walking up towards me.

"The whole different breed thing, it's true." He shook his head and started walking, holding the door open for me.

What was I doing? I just got cheated on and here I am, blushing and smiling over some fool I don't even know. What was this hold I felt like he had over me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Two chapters in one night and already 8 subscribers? You guys are amazing.

Please start commenting - it makes me want to write more (:

Chapter Title: "Let It Die" by Foo Fighters