Status: Updated every 3-5 days

Live As If We Died

Five

I felt like shit for what I had said to Mike. He ran off and I felt like a bitter piece of shit. I felt like crying and going after him to apologize, but me being me, I sat back down and chain-smoked until I worked up the courage to go back to everyone.

"You look like you're in need of one of these," Tino smirked. He was showing me a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade. It wasn't going to get me drunk, only give me gut rot. But it was better than nothing. I took it straight out of his hands and opened it immediately.

"Thanks," I said almost inaudibly.

"Sit down, baby doll," Austin said. He started pulling me onto his lap. I felt comfortable, but at the same time it was awkward knowing that Mike was sitting just a gap away. I clung to Austin like he was going to vanish forever. I had my hands around his shoulders and my head leaning against his. He could sense that something was wrong with me, even though I was faking a smile and laughing in the most perfect way. Austin turned his head slightly and whispered, "What's wrong?" I just shook my head, trying to get him to not talk about it. "Austin?" I shook my head yet again. "Then what?" I glared at him. "Julie, I know when something's wrong with you, so just spit it out." I wanted to cry. I wanted to run away. I wanted to tell Austin so he could calm me down and tell me what to do. And most importantly, I wanted to take back what I said to Mike.

I squeezed Austin even tighter and sighed into his neck. He stood up with me still clinging on to him and carried me away from everyone. Somehow, he knew he was going to get me to talk one way or another.

"Now that I have you alone, what happened?" He asked and looked down at me, "and I'm not letting you run away, so tell me." I hugged his waist and he held me close, rubbed my back and placed his head on top of mine.

"Mike," I finally said after a long silence.

"Mike? As in PTV Mike? WhiskeyHands Mike?" He was flabbergasted and started to laugh. I had a smile on my face that Austin noticed immediately. "Really? That's what made you smile?" He laughed at me. I buried my head into his chest.

"Anyways, yes, that Mike," he gasped and shook his head. "I said something I shouldn't had and he's now pissed at me. Not to sound like a 7 year-old here, but I think I hurt his feelings."

"You're adorable, so speak like a 7 year-old if you must. Doesn't matter to me," he paused to kiss my head. "How do you hurt Mike? I didn't know he had any feelings other than incredibly pissed, extraordinarily happy, and high as a kite - mindless, whatever - it's not a feeling, but you know what I mean." I laughed at his rant, he made me feel a lot better.

"He's just being good to me, and I thought it was an act, ya'know? So I said if he was just trying to screw me, he shouldn't put on the whole show. He basically said if he wanted that, he would've done it a long time ago, and he likes being good to me. Then he walked away and he's all pissy now." I finished and looked up at Austin. I frowned and he smiled, making me feel like a foolish little kid for being worked up over nothing. "What?" He kept smiling. It was hard to look at his smile with not smiling yourself, but I was trying my hardest to not break my composer.

"Apologize to the man, dammit." He let go of me and bent down, motioning for me to get on his back. I laughed, but he was serious. "Let's go!" He was getting impatient. I jumped on his back and he started running around in circles, trying to get me to laugh. Finally, he ran as fast as he could towards everyone.

"Austin!" I yelled. "You're going to drop me!" All he could do was laugh.

"I'm not going to drop you, chill out!" He yelled back and continued to run circles around everybody that was surrounded by the fire.

"I'm gonna puke all over you if you don't put me down!" I threatened him, but he picked up the pace for a last circle around the fire and finally set me down where we had been sitting earlier.

"What the hell was that about?" Vic laughed at us.

"How else do you cheer up a 7 year-old?" I hit Austin's arm and tried to look angry, but I couldn't ever be mad at him. I don't know what it was about him, but it was impossible to stay mad at a face like his.

"You're mean," I pouted. I crossed my arms and leaned forward so my head was laying between my legs.

+++

A few hours later, everyone was tired and ready to leave. I hugged everyone goodnight and got escorted to the car by Austin who was holding Dodger. "I'll see you tomorrow afternoon, Cuteness," I hugged him goodnight and got into the car. Unluckily for me, I was crammed into the backseat yet again with Mike who hadn't even looked at me all night.

"Love you!" Austin yelled as he was walking away from the car. I stuck my head out the window and screamed back that I loved him too and winked. Mike did not look so thrilled about that little encounter.

I looked at Mike before Jaime got back into the car. "I'm sorry," I whispered. It was a genuine apology, even if it sounded a little forced. I wasn't used to apologizing to anyone, so I didn't even know where to start.

"Yeah," Mike nodded.

"I really am, Mike, I'm sorry I said that. I was just thinki-"

"You were thinking what, Juliet? That this was my way of trying to fuck you? I do actually like you - I like you a lot more than you think I do. Hell, if I didn't, then why would I have stopped us from going too far a few times? That's not like me to do such a thing when I actually like a chick." I could tell he was hurt by my statement. I closed my eyes and thought about his words. Finally, I scooted closer to him and leaned my head onto his shoulder.

"Sorry I assumed things, I truly am. I shouldn't of even been thinking that in the first place." He placed his hand under my chin and tilted my head up near his. He sighed. His eyes were piercing and intense, but he leaned in and kissed me anyway. My heart felt like it had skipped a few beats. He leaned back and smiled.

"It's okay," he placed his hand around my shoulder and pulled me close to him. "I probably would've done the same thing." He forgave me just like that. I didn't think it would be that easy to get him to forgive me.

Jaime finally got in the car after a long wait. By then, I was already falling asleep on Mikes shoulder and he was almost knocked out too. I didn't even remember the car ride back to Jaime's, but I did recall someone carrying me.

When I woke up a few hours later, I was in my bed with someone laying next to me. Low and behold, it was Mike. Dodger was at the end of my bed and bowls of water and foot were set down next to the door for him. Also, all of my clothes and suitcases were in my room. I immediately felt hope for the future. Hope that this is how it could always be. I just wanted Mike next to me and a roof over my head. My best friend had supplied me with those two things that I needed.

Eventually, I fell back asleep and was woken up by Dodger late in the morning, but I did wake up with a smile on my face, ready to start a new day without an asshole to hold me back. I'm glad that the douchey Austin was out of my life and even more glad that Mike beat the shit out of him the previous night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like ittttt(:

Thank you to these peeps for commenting:
kardashian_x
heroine .
NervousHolyGhost


And also to the 9 new subs (:

You're all lovely and please do not be a silent reader! I'm gonna update again soon, but I need to work on my other fic Hold On Till May featuring Alex Gaskarth since I haven't updated that as much as this one (:

Title Credit: "Thriller" by Fall Out Boy