Status: Falling down from the heavens as fast as it can ;)

The End of You

Preface: Place we live in harmony

3 days ago

It was almost too easy to find Dahvie these days. Ever since he saw the two girls walk by the edge a week ago, he started going out there daily just so he could see them when they walked by.
He’s gotta be careful not to fall for one of them, Jayy thought to himself as he walked along the footpath towards the edge, his wings drooping slightly at the thought of his best friend becoming a fallen angel, or worse. He knew that it was forbidden for angels to fall in love with humans, and so did Dahvie. Though Heaven seemed to act more like a high school than a haven, and rumors would spread quickly, which would lead to Dahvie getting his wings taken. The last two that ended up getting their wings removed was Jeffree and Sally, and that was all because of a couple rumors about them falling in love with a couple of humans. Jayy kept thinking about Jeffree and Sally’s unfortunate demise until the footpath opened up, revealing a long cliff edge that spread out from both sides, the only thing raising up from the edge’s earth being Dahvie.
This is just getting fuckin’ ridiculous, Jayy thought as he walked up to where Dahvie was, sitting down while leaning back on his hands, looking down to where America was.
“Hey, you know the entire North American continent isn’t going to magically turn into Hello Kitty if you stare at it long enough,” Jayy said, looking at his rainbow-haired friend as he spoke.
“Not what I’m hoping for,” Dahvie mumbled, not taking his eyes off the world, his wings slightly folded in on themselves. The two sat in silence for a minute before Jayy spoke, breaking the silence.
“So which one’s got your attention?”
“Both of ‘em.”
“You know that it’s forbidden to fall in love with either one of them, right?”
“I’m not falling in love, I’m just…”
“Acting like a heavenly stalker?”
“Funny,” Dahvie said, sarcasm tinting the word, “But no, I’m acting as a guardian angel for them.”
“Guardian angels work down there, not up here,” Jayy pointed out, earning a slight scowl from Dahvie.
“You know what I mean Jayy.” Jayy sighed heavily, sitting up so that his hands rested on his thighs as he sat cross-legged.
“Yeah, I know what you mean, but why can’t you just wait ‘till they die to start acting like a stalker?”
“Because they might die on the dark side,” Dahvie said, closing his eyes, which were dark gray today, “And if that happens, then we’re one step closer to getting fucked over.” Jayy had not even thought about that possibly. He sighed one more time before patting his friend on the back as he spoke.
“Look man, we can’t do much to help them out up here. All we can do is hope the big man can get them up here before Lucifer can even think about them. Can you at least try to believe in the big man on this Dahvie?”
“Yeah, I guess,” Dhavie said as he started to get up, Jayy rising with him, “Besides, he can do anything, while we’re stuck with a one-way ticket outta here. No offence to them, but I’d rather stay up here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, my second story, happy dance XD Though in all seriousness, I'm really stoked about this one. I hope you all like it, and your comments are greatly appreciated, so thanks ;)