Status: Falling down from the heavens as fast as it can ;)

The End of You

Chapter 4: Music's my Religion

“Remind me again why we’re doin’ this,” Dahvie muttered to Jayy as the two of them walked down the street behind Luna and Raven, all of them going to the drummer, Pyro’s house to finish auditions. After Dahvie had left Raven’s room earlier, Jayy had popped up and told him that they were auditioning for a band later and to get ready. Trusting his friend, Dahvie did as Jayy had asked, but was shocked when he found out that the audition was for Luna and Raven’s band, which at the moment was temporarily named the Black Notes.
“Come on now, I thought you’d be happy to be around your stalker victims more if we did this,” Jayy said quietly with a jokester’s voice.
“Don’t ever talk about that down here,” Dahvie said, death hovering in his words as he started thinking about the past.
“Fine, I won’t talk about it,” Jayy said, “Though we do owe them. I mean, come on, they gave us a place to stay and attempted to help heal you. Doin’ this is the least we could do.”
“Fine,” Dahvie huffed silently, the spot where the bullet had hit him slightly stinging.
“Besides, we might get lucky, cause if they find someone perfect for the spot they’ll cancel the rest of the auditions, and we won’t be have to sing,” Jayy said, slightly lightening Dahvie’s spirits.

The auditions were never cancelled. There were twenty other people that were auditioning before Jayy and Dahvie, and they all, in what Luna called ‘Dumb man terminology’, “sucked major balls.”
She’s right, Dahvie thought to himself, No one here can carry a decent rock tune without making it sound like fucked-up country.
“I’m so sorry,” Luna said, “But we don’t play classical music.”
“Next,” Raven said, slightly strained.
“Next up is,” Pyro said, slightly bored as he read the audition list, “Davie Vanity?”
“Dahvie, not Davie,” Dahvie replied, walking up to stand in front of Luna, who was sitting cross-legged on the floor, Raven, sitting on a basketball, and Pyro, who happened to be the only one sitting on an actual chair.
“Sorry, Dahvie, you’re next,” Pyro replied slightly sarcastically, Raven just shaking her head in slight disappointment and embarrassment.
“So what’re you gonna be singin’?” Luna asked, lacing her fingers together and resting her chin on the fingers.
“I’m gonna be singing ‘Good Girls Bad Guys’ from Falling in Reverse,” Dahvie said, remembering the lyrics to the song in his head.
“Really?” Raven asked, looking slightly impressed.
“Hey, I have the instrumental for that,” Luna said happily to Raven, “Can I play it for him?”
“Sure, why not?” Raven said, smirking at Luna’s sudden enthusiasm. In a few minutes, Luna had her iPod hooked up to the speaker system and ready to play the music.
“Okay, when I nod, start singin’,” Luna said, her finger hovered over the play button.
“Got it,” Dahvie said, keeping his vision both on her head and the finger that was gently laying against the play button. She added pressure onto the button as she nodded her head, and Dahvie started right on cue.
“So why do good girls like bad guys? I’ve had this question for a real long time. I’ve been a bad boy and it’s plain to see, so why do good girls fall in love with me,” Dahvie sang out keeping perfect timing with the music. At one point he could’ve sworn he saw Raven smiling, but if she had smiled there was no proof when he looked back during the guitar solo. Pushing out the thought, he continued to get near the end of the song, slightly relieved as he got to the last line. “Bitch, you gave me the fuckin’ clap!” Luna stopped the music after that, a smile taking up residence on her face.
“Congrats,” she said happily, “You made it through an entire song. Since you’re the first one to do that, I felt like sayin’ good job. Now can you wait for the last guy to finish his audition, and that’d be great.”
“Yeah, sure,” Dahvie said, heading back over to where he was standing before when Pyro looked back down at the list.
“Jay-ay Monroe?”
“It’s Jayy, motherfucker,” Jayy said as he made his way up to where Dahvie was standing a minute ago. Luna laughed a little, but quickly lowered her head when Pyro glared at her.
“So what’re you singin’?” Raven asked, balancing on the basketball.
“I’ll be doin’ Get Scared’s ‘If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do’.”
“Luna,” Raven said, making the girl on the floor pick her head up, “I know you have the music for that, so you better play it?”
“Alright, let me find it,” Luna said as she started scrolling through her playlist to find the song. After a minute, she stopped scrolling and looked up at Raven, slightly nodding her head.
“Alright, Jayy, are you ready?”
“Let’s do it,” Jayy said, noticing Luna hit the play button. Right away the sound of a creaking door filled through the speakers, which was quickly followed by the music for the song.
“So nervous, it shakes the fingertips that are coursin’ through your hair. With those lovely lips that’re made to kiss, oh you put me in a spin,” Jayy started, singing along with the instruments as they played out over the speakers. When he got to the part where Nicholas Mathews screamed, he screamed the words out, along with the feelings that he was feeling the past few days. He finished the last line of the song when he noticed Pyro looking slightly amazed at him. Luna stopped the music after the last guitar chord, still smiling.
“Two in one day,” Luna said, a strange light in her eyes, “This is gonna make things interesting. Can you wait with Dahvie while we talk things over?”
“Yeah, ” Jayy said, walking over to where Dahvie was standing. Leaning back against the wall, he watched as Luna, Raven, and Pyro walked out of the room, leaving the two boys in the room while the three talked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back, and I brought this with me. I had a weird thought of what Dahvie and Jayy would sound like if they sang Falling in Reverse and Get Scared, and that spurred into this chapter. Hopefully you'll let me know what you all think about my brain's spur of the moment decision.