Status: Falling down from the heavens as fast as it can ;)

The End of You

Chapter 5: Music's What I Breathe

"Jayy," Pyro said once he had shut the door, putting in his vote, "He has a good voice, he can keep a beat, plus he can scream really well."
"Well I say Dahvie," Raven said, ignoring the glare she was getting from Pyro, "He knows how to sing certain parts different so that it makes the song stand out, he also knows how to keep a beat, plus he has a certain quality that makes it hard for people to hate him."
"Please," Pyro scoffed, "The only reason you want him in is so you can trick him some way into fucking you."
"That's the reason you want Jayy in, not me," Raven stated, making Pyro's face turn red. Trying to get the attention off of himself, he looked at Luna, who was being unusually quiet.
"Luna, who do you like?" he asked.
"I like them both," Luna said, looking towards the floor, "They both have good voices, like you guys pointed out, and they both have certain qualities that would benefit the band."
"That may be true, but we can't choose both of them," Pyro stated.
"Or can we?" Luna asked coyly, Raven knowing that her friend had an idea.
"Luna, what are you thinking?"
"I'm thinking you're gonna call me a genius soon," Luna answered, smiling mischievously, "Just follow my lead." Not taking no for an answer, Luna turned and headed back into the room where the auditions were held, Raven and Pyro following just so they could see what their band member was planning.
"Hey you two," Luna said, grabbing Dahvie and Jayy's attention, "Do you guys know AFI's 'Miss Murder'?"
"Yeah?" Dahvie asked, slightly confused and curious.
"Great, can you two sing that song together?" Luna asked, getting a death glare from Pyro and a shocked expression from Raven.
"Uh, sure," Jayy said, looking at Dahvie out of the corner of his eye to see his friend doing the same.
"Great, I'll get the music," Luna said happily as she scooped her iPod up off the ground, scrolling for the song while everyone went to where they were supposed to be. When Dahvie and Jayy were standing where they were a few minutes ago, Luna made a weird Ahh sound as she started the music. The introduction started out soft, but Jayy heard it and started to sing when the cue came in.
"This is what I brought you,this you can keep. This is what I brought, you may forget me. I promised you the part just promise one thing, kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep," Jayy sang, taking care of the main vocals while Dahvie did the backups until the end of the intro, switching so that Dahvie was singing the main vocals.
"Hey, Miss Murder can I? Hey, Miss Murder can I, let beauty stay if I, take my life? Oh." The two kept switching whenever there were any screaming parts, leaving it to be Dahvie singing while Jayy screamed. The two were having a good time while they were singing, which was noticed by Raven and the others as the song progressed. By the time the song was over, everyone in the room was either smiling or was on the verge.
"Admit it," Luna said after she stopped the music, "I'm a genius."
"You had one good idea, that doesn't automatically make you a genius," Pyro said, smirking slightly.
"Though it was a great idea," Raven said, a smile gracing her face permentely. Luna laughed and then leaned back on her hands.
"Alright Jayy, Dahvie," Luna started, "I think we've come to a unanimous decision. We simply can't choose between the two of you any how's, so can both of you be in the band?"
"I'm okay with it," Jayy said, nodding his head slightly.
"Same here," Dahvie agreed, completely forgetting how he felt before the audition. Luna's smile grew bigger as Raven spoke.
"Then welcome to the band. We'd say the name of it, but that detail's still a work in progress."
"Then why don't we take care of it, since we have the whole band here," Pyro suggested.
"He's got a point," Luna agreed.
"Alright then, let's hear Dahvie and Jayy's ideas first," Raven said. Ideas flooded through Jayy's head, but he couldn't think of anything he thought was suitable.
"Blood on The Dance Floor," Dahvie said, his voice steady.
"Like the Michael Jackson song?" Luna asked, slightly shocked.
"I'm not so sure that name's such a good one," Pyro said, clearly thinking it over.
"Then why don't we make it better than just 'good'?" Jayy asked, liking the sound of the name.
"I'm in," Raven said, rolling back and forth on her basketball.
"Why not, the name has a nice ring to it," Luna stated, leaving only Pyro to decide.
"I'm not so sure about it, but I guess I'm in."
"Then it's settled," Raven said, " Dahvie and Jayy, welcome to Blood on The Dance Floor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Presenting the next installment of this tale. I'm sorry, but I was not having the three of them pick only one, plus my brain had another random thought about them singing AFI. Now BOTDF is a reality, and so far all is good.
I also forgot to do this in the last chapters, but the chapter title came from the song PLUR.
(P.S., I really hope you guys like this, cause I spent two hours re-typing it all out onto my iPad just so I could upload it.)