Status: On revision and hiatus until futher notice

Life's Sweeter with Revenge

The Turning

Cold, evil, and deadly were the three things that came to mind when I looked into my own eyes. The frosted icy blue color sent all the girls at school into a panic whenever I stared at them for too long. When I was younger I had blamed it on cooties but I knew better now that I was a junior. The real reason why the girls ran away was because they were afraid of these haughty cold eyes. I sighed as I ran my hand through my short black hair then snapped the remaining buttons into place on my shirt.

I had inherited these cold eyes from my mother but on her they weren’t the same. Even though we both had the exact same shade her eyes were filled with compassion and vibrate life. Everyone always complimented her on her eyes…why did my have to be so horrifying? I found myself glaring at my own eyes as I knotted my light blue tie around my neck.

“Victor if you don’t hurry up mom says we’re going to leave without you.” Danyelle yelled as she ran down the stairs.

I groaned loudly and tossed my head back dramatically. We had been going out to eat every Friday now for the past five months. Mom called our family time night but really it was so that Dad wouldn’t do his work at the table. Truthfully I didn’t mind going out to eat with them and rather enjoyed it. Danyelle would get the conversation going by tell us some outrageous story about her sophomore life, Dad would scold her about doing something reckless, Mom would put on a disappointed look even though she found it amusing, and I would just straight up laugh at it. Yeah it was defiantly a night I looked forward too every time.

I flatted the tie against my chest then stepped into my black dress shoes. The reflection of my white button up shirt paired with the light blue tie and black dress pants made me looked like a waiter. I jammed my hands into my pockets and turned around. I really had to stop being so self-conscious of the way I looked, otherwise I was going to end up like that stupid jock pretty boy Trevor. That bastard was always checking himself out in the hallway mirrors. I sighed as I left my room, made my way down the stairs, and outside to where everyone else was waiting.

Already Danyelle was arguing with Mom.

“Can we please take Dad’s new car?”

Mom gathered her long blonde hair with one hand twirled it and then set it on her right shoulder. Thankfully neither I nor my sister had inherited Mom’s hair. It was pretty and all but I liked Dad’s jet black hair better.

“Danyelle I told you no already it’s too cold out for that.” Mom pulled out her keys to her Gateway 1969 Mustang from her white purse and started walking over to the car.

Dad cut her off before she reached the car. “Come on now Viviane, the kids love the new car and besides where’s the glory of owning a beauty like that if we don’t take her out?”

I looked over at my Dad and noticed that he had gone with an all-black outfit minus his purple tie. I frowned over at him. Why hadn’t I thought of that kind of outfit?

My mother tapped her white heel on the ground as she thought what my father had said over. My mother loved my Dad’s old car and wanted to drive it as much as possible before he handed it over to me next week. I don’t know why but for some reason she thought I was going to crash it or something, pssh as if I wasn’t responsible.

Beaten she sighed and turned back around. “Fine,” Danyelle squealed as she made a mad dash for the other car. “But I get to pick the dessert tonight.”

My father smiled over at his wife as he moved his glasses up a little bit higher on his nose and then extended his arm out to her. “Of course, anything you want sweetheart.”

A slight blush rose to my mom cheeks as she reached out and took his hand. If it was a younger couple I might have been moved but it was my parents so I felt a little grossed out.

I made a sour face and shook my head in disapproval as I took a seat in Dad’s 1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible. Almost instantly I felt relaxed in the new car. I always loved it when cars were worn in because it kind of gave it its own personality in a way. I ran my hand along the smooth leather seats and smiled. Dad was right when about one thing, the older the model the better the feel of the car.

***


Dinner came and went like every other Friday the only difference being is that we ate at a sushi bar. Not our normal scene but I still had a good time even though I didn’t care too much for the raw fish. We had only chosen the place because Danyelle was going on about how it was all the rage with her friends. Admittedly I would much rather prefer a nicely cook steak to seafood any day. I loved how flavorful and juicy red meat was and if I could I would eat it every day. Seafood on the other hand. Blah! Way too raw.

“Vic will you stop making that face. The sushi wasn’t that bad.” Danyelle rolled her eyes playfully at me.

I crossed my arms and glared over at her. “Yeah it was we didn’t even get a fortune cookie.”

Mom laughed as we made our way out of the restaurant and back to the car. “Sweetie, fortune cookies are a Chinese thing. Sushi and Sashimi are a Japanese food.”

“Whatever they are both close enough.”

Dad shook his head at me as he unlocked the car. “That’s like saying 17 and 21 are close enough so why not let you drink alcohol now, right?”

I smirked over at him. “Exactly, if you’d like we can go back inside and get some Saki.”

My mother opened up her car door and glared over at me. “Absolutely not.” She then turned to glare at my father.

He lifted up his hands in surrender and smiled over at her innocently. “Sweet heart you know I was just playing. I wouldn’t dream of giving our son alcohol.”

He then winked over at me while my mom was rolling her eyes. She then dunked into the car and everyone else followed suit. My dad hadn’t even put the keys into the ignition before Danyelle started asking about having the hood down.

“Can we please put it down?”

“It is too cold outside for that Danyelle.” Mom countered.

Danyelle folded her arms and hunched her back into a pouting position mumbling ‘no it’s not.’

Even if she was acting a bit childish I didn’t like seeing her pout. “Come one mom just this once?”

“Victor I said ‘no’.”

Despite what my mother had said dad rolled down the hood before he started up the car. My mother folded her arms across her chest and glared at him. My dad drove out of the parking lot before he even realized that my mother was glaring at him.

He looked over at her innocently and shrugged his shoulders. “What?”

“Donavan I told the kids ‘no’ and then you turn around and do it anyway.”

“Oh come on Vivian you only live once. Let the kids have some fun.” He smiled.

My mom rolled her eyes and rubbed her bare shoulders. “Well if I catch a cold from this I am blaming you.”

The car ride quieted as we rode on the side of a pretty huge hill. This was one of Danyelle’s favorite roads to take back home and truthfully I had to agree with her. I loved how the road went with the earth instead of against it. In a way it reminded me of a lazy river on wheel, the long smooth turns, gently breeze chilling your cheeks-

I heard the light click off to my side. I looked over to see Danyelle pulling her seatbelt off and scooting around. She caught my gaze and instantly stiffened, watching to see if I would make her put it back on. I rolled my eyes at her. It wasn’t uncommon for Danyelle to unbuckle her seatbelt plus dad wasn’t a bad driver.

Then again the hill was a pretty dangerous road. I looked over the side of it as we made another long turn. It had to be at least a couple of hundred feet down or so and if that didn’t kill you running into one of the trees that surrounded the hill sure would. The trees on this part of town were very old and very large. The trunks were probably the same width as a car making it a pretty deadly encounter. That was one of the reasons why I liked this road so much, because of the thrill.

Suddenly a thud vibrated through the car making the wheels bounce as if we had hit something. Mom’s screams filled the air as a hand broke through the windshield. Glass shards scatter around the dashboard and front seats. Dad cursed as he lost control of the car and swerved off the road. Instantly I felt a drop in my stomach as we sped down the side of the deadly hill. The hand in the windshield vanished as a dark figure jumped off of the roof of our car. Dad tried to take back control of the car but it was already too late to fix anything.

We hit a large rock and almost tipped over in the car. My seatbelt constricted around my waist and chest jerking me back into place. Danyelle….

I turned and watched in horror as she was thrown out of the car. Her innocent eyes were framed with terror. I looked back as the blur of her body rolled against the ground.

“Danyelle!” My hand reached out to her fading image as if by some miracle I could still save my little sister.

My mind was going crazy as we slid down the side of the hill at an incredible speed. I had to tell mom and dad. We had to stop the car and go back for Danyelle. I turned around to yell at them and found myself staring at then truck of an avoidable tree.

The front of the car took the tree trunk head on. Upon impact my body flew forward as much as the choking seatbelt would allow. The sound of screeching metal and exploding airbags filled the night air. My head slammed against the back of the passenger’s seat and I could feel the painful snap of my ribs from the belt. All of this happened in a matter of seconds. When the car had finally settled I flung my head from side to side. Everything was suddenly a blur and I could seem to focus my eyes on anything. My mother started screaming incoherent things and it wasn’t until a moment later that I understood. Dad hadn’t survived the crash.

My seatbelt, loosened now from the crash, made it easier to move around. I fell against the back of my mom’s seat, a moan escaped from my lips as my chest and forehead burned with intense pain. I bit back the pain and even tried to overcome it. Make sure mom is okay. I was able to focus my blurry vision for only a moment. It was enough to see the image of my mother. Her head was turned towards my father, she was screaming for him to look at her. Her face was riddled with worry and doubt. Tears were streaming down her grey cheeks as she slowly became hysterical.

I wanted to say something anything but I found that I couldn’t. My vision turned back into a blurry mess and everything became a mixture of colors. Already I could feel my head lull forward in dizziness. The sound of screeching metal filled the night air as her door was ripped apart. The black blurry figure buried its claws into her shoulder and pulled her from the vehicle. I blacked out hearing her gurgled screams.

I don’t know how long I was out for but when I awoke I didn’t hear her anymore. My head hurt like hell, pulsing pain to every part of my body. I was with it enough now to know that I was suffering from some kind of head trauma. When I was able to open my eyes I saw blazing red ones glaring hungrily back. I choked on a scream when I saw blood dripping down from this creatures chin. My hand gripped onto the seatbelt as I started tugging furiously but it was stuck somehow. The thing smiled, its teeth gleaming white in the full moonlight as its fangs dripped with blood. I knew than that it was a vampire. With one swift movement it broke the strap of the seatbelt and dragged me from the car. I struggled against its pull and thought that I had won when it finally let go. I flipped over onto my knees to run when my hand landed in something wet. Frozen by fear I looked down at the dark red liquid. Blood.

My heart was racing in my chest as I followed the pool of blood over to a mangled body. The women’s face was the only thing hardly touched. It was detached from the rest, looking as if it was ripped off the body. Icy blue eyes stared blankly wide open as her mouth was left gaping in a soundless scream. My body broke into a cold sweat as my heart went pounding against my chest and my stomach turned violently. I felt my back cringe as the bile moved its way up. It was my mother’s head bathed in her own blood. She was dead.

Slowly as if methodically the vampire tapped his foot against the ground. He had wanted me to see this. Wanted me to know what his intentions were. Instead of feeling fear like he had intended me to, I felt enraged. My body was shaking violently with it. How dare he do this to my family. This monster, this beast had no right. My eyes were wild as I searched the ground for some kind of weapon, anything that I could use to kill him. Thanks to the glow of the full moon I saw it, a bent silver metal from one of the rearview mirror. The only problem was that the metal piece was a few feet away. There was no possible way that I was going to be able to get it.

The blood from my mother’s body reflected a blood red moon. My hands clenched into fists and I knew then that I had to try. I buried my hand into the moisten dirt and grabbed as much of it was I could. I then tossed it straight into the monster’s eyes. He hadn’t been expecting an attack and dirt hit its target. The monster screamed as if covered its hands over its eyes trying to scrape the dirt away. My body was still shaking from the crash and I had a few broken ribs so I wobbled over to the metal. My head was screaming in frustration urging me to hurry up.

My legs shook violently and I cursed as I fell to my knees. Thankfully the silver was within my grasp. I reached out a long hand the tips of my fingers scraping against the cold metal. I grabbed onto it just as the vampire dug its claws into my shoulder. I screamed from the pain but held onto the metal.

The vampire hissed as he flipped me around and sank his fangs deep into my neck. The pain was indescribable. My body stiffed as if it was being branded by white hot iron. The vampire took my moment of weakness and greedily sucked down my blood. Slowly I could feel my blood trickling down my neck reminding me of what was happening. Time seemed to have passed to quickly and already I could feel my body growing weak and limp. If I didn’t do something I would die.

I rose up the silver metal and buried it into its chest right above its heart. The vampire ripped its fangs away from my neck in a loud roar. He tossed my weak body away from him and started grabbing at the metal in his chest. Blood spurted out of the wound every time he pulled on it. I smiled to myself. I remembered vaguely reading something about stabbing a vampire in the heart with silver would kill them. Judging by the way he was freaking out I guess that little information was right.

My body was already too weak to move and I could do nothing else but watch as my own blood pooled around me. If I had acted faster then I might have lived but then I thought about my dead family. There was no way I would be able on without them so I suppose dying was the best option for me. My vision started to darken and I knew that death was just around the corner.

***


I shot up into a sitting position. My body was already covered in sweat and shaking from the dream. Instantly I looked around my room as if still searching for the vampire that had murdered my family and turned me. My body coiled into a defensive position and I jumped slightly when the back of my hand rubbed against cool skin. I looked over to see Vanessa sleeping soundly. I relaxed almost instantly at the sight of her. I sighed as brought my hand up to my eyes and rubbed the rest of the dream away.

Why did I still have to be haunted by that night? I ran my shaking hand through my damp hair and let out a slight growl. This had been going on for a week now and it was really starting to piss me off. I glanced over at Vanessa’s sleeping figure. Every time I had that stupid dream Vanessa would jump up with a start and instantly try to calm me down. She had been so worried about me over the past few days that she hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep until now. I felt ashamed to have been such a burden on her.

I smiled lightly thinking about what she would do if she could have read my thoughts. I definitely would be sleeping out on the couch if heard that I thought of myself as a burden. Gently I eased myself out of the bed and walked down the hall to the bathroom. All of this perspiration on my body made it feel gritty and dirty. I leaned down over the sink and turned on the facet. The water was cool and refreshing against my heated skin. It was exactly what I needed right now.

The bathroom door was thrown open and in ran Vanessa. Her face had taken on a sickly grey color and her eyes were watery.

“Vanessa.”

She didn’t even look over at me but ran instead for the toilet. I jumped at the sound of her getting sick and instantly ran over beside her heaving body. Quickly I grabbed her long brown hair and held it away from the toilet then started to rub her back as she threw up.

When she was done she leaned against the toilet for support and gestured for a towel. Automatically I reached up and grabbed it for her. When she was done with it she tossed it into the sink and glared over at me. Instantly I panicked.

“W-what?”

She was quick to slap my chest. “You got out of bed that’s what.”

Confused at what she was saying I started to stutter. “V-Vanessa-

“Don’t Vanessa me. You know how worried I’ve been this past week about you and then you go and pull a stunt like that. Really Victor?” She crossed her arms over her chest as a slight blush covered her face.

I bit back a smile as I pulled her into my arms. “You’re right I’m an idiot okay. I’m sorry.”

She buried her face into my chest and nodded. “You’d better be.”

I ran my hand down the length of her hair. “I knew that you were worried sick about me but did you actually have to get sick?”

Silently she wrapped her arms around me and started shaking. The pit of my stomach dropped at her sudden change in mood. Gently I picked her up off the floor and carried her bridal style back to the bed. I crawled into bed next to her and held her as her body continued to tremble. After rubbing her back and whispering soothing words she fell back asleep.

I looked down at her innocent expression as she slept in my arms. Only Vanessa would get so worked up about something as silly as a dream. I moved some of her hair away from the crook of her neck and found myself staring at the long jagged scar that marked her. Delicately I ran the tips of my fingers over the curved edges.

It had been a little over a year since that night and still I wasn’t used to seeing it. Danyelle and Reece told her that it made her look badass. I smiled lightly at the two. A lot had changed in the past year. Vanessa, Reece, and I had all graduated high school. Reece had gone off to college to study for some weird profession and has even moved in with Jason. Aiden, Roger and I had all become closer as well since we were all watching over Danyelle. Danyelle was going to be ending her senior year at high school in a few weeks and had even tried to convince me to hand over my mustang. ‘No way in hell are you getting my car.’ I had said to her.

I ran my hand over Vanessa’s cheek. After graduation we had decided to live together at my house and that was one of the greatest decisions of my life. Neglecting the last couple of nights everything had been perfect; waking up next to her every night, falling asleep with her, and just plain being around her. Instantly I sighed at the thought of her. I felt absolutely horrible for making her worry now. I had made her worry so much that she had gotten sick.

I shook my head at the thought. All we had to do was get through the rest of today and things would go back to normal. My chest tightened just thinking about what today was. Danyelle was going to be a wreck later on and I prayed that Aiden was ready for it because today marked the second year anniversary of our parent’s death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again :) I hope that you all enjoyed the back story on Victor. If the ending seems slow i apologize It will definatly pick up at the ending of Chapter two. Also Changed pictures and added more things on the characters tab.

Please leave a comment, subscribe, or rec to show your support. Thank you all for Reading

~Love,
Raven