I Am Lightning

Lightning Eyes

My parents nodded. Tate and the other four looked down at me, and I’m not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn’t for them to be grinning.
“Look at how cute she is!” said Vesta with a massive grin on her face.
“Aren’t you just the sweetest?” cooed Demeter, reaching over to grab my cheeks and wobble them.
I could feel my child’s face frowning deeply. I’m not cute!
I said this to them, and they all laughed. When I thought they would have stopped, they simply looked down at me, then commenced laughing again. Finally I stomped one foot on the ground in frustration, but before I could yell at them, they all stopped and stared down at me, their mirth suddenly gone.
“And there we have it,” said Tate.
What was it? I didn’t get it. Clearly my confusion showed, for Vesta answered for me.
“It’s your eyes, child. When the one destined to become a Master gets frustrated, or angry, their eyes glow with the power of their element. Your eyes, my dear, look to be charged with lightning.”

After quickly packing up some clothes and necessities, I said a sad farewell to my parents and walked with the Masters in silence through the Realm. Many people followed us as we went, some even conversing with the Masters as they walked. When we reached the edge of the Realm, all the Lightning people dropped behind, leaving the Five Masters and myself. I felt suddenly shy without my parents and looked down at my feet.
“Are you ready to see your new home, Kari?” I looked up to see Thetis addressing me. I nodded back at him.
“Alright,” he said with a smile. He looked over at Sirius, who nodded back at him. The Masters all commenced to held hands, and I found myself gripping Thetis’s thick, muscled hand and Vesta’s dark-skinned one. I looked up at her and she gave me a wink. And all of a sudden the landscape disappeared and with a slight tumble we found ourselves outside a grand castle.

I was lucky to have been holding the hands of the Masters because they kept me standing up. I sagged in shock, not ready for the sudden teleport, for that is what it was. The landscape we arrived in was mountainous and seemed far from anything. The castle was the biggest thing I had ever seen, about the size of one of the mountains surrounding it. The Masters and I made our way along a path towards it, arriving to the greetings of many servants, elements, mages and normal folk. I was taken with them to a massive hall where we sat and had food and drink, then it was time for me to see my quarters.

I was led to a massive set of rooms too huge for me to have ever imagined. I couldn’t believe how big my quarters were! All in all, the place was around five times larger than my house back in the Lightning Realm. And it was all for me! I ran through the place, exploring the first room, full of couches and tables, then a huge bathroom with a gigantic bath large enough to swim in, then on to a room specifically for dining, then another room which was an anteroom to my bedroom. My bed was large and covered in pillows stuffed with feathers and thick blankets made of fur. Sheets, too! All of the decorations in the rooms were a varying shade of yellow. I was overwhelmed with the place.

“My lady, you have a guest.” I turned to see one of my servants bowing to me. Once relaying her message she turned and walked away. I guess I was supposed to follow her because after she looked back and noticed I was still standing there, she beckoned to me. I noticed now that all my servants were female, and all were from the Lightning Realm. Waiting for me in the first room was a young man wearing a full black suit that covered his whole body, including most of his face. He introduced himself as Nova, and told me he was to be my bodyguard. He was from the Cosmic Realm, and his eyes were a violet colour, his hair black.
That night, I was tucked into bed by a servant lady from my own Realm and slept soundly until morning. When I first woke, I was frightened, not recognising my surroundings. But slowly I remembered being led into this massive chamber furnished with yellow decorations. My servants dressed me in a yellow skirt and frilly shirt and made my bed and did all sorts of thing for me.

As soon as I left my bedroom, I was met in the anteroom by Nova. I noticed that the servants around me frowned at him, as though him being so close to my bedroom was offensive and wrong, but I didn’t mind. The silent man commenced to walk beside me, and that made me feel secure. But what would I need a bodyguard for?
♠ ♠ ♠
This may all seem suddenly off-track, but don't worry, it'll all make sense soon.