Home Is Where the Heart Is

Dancing away with my Heart.

One night out, just one, after the horrid week I’ve had I’m not sure is one night will do it, but it’s a start. I picked out one of my best going out dresses, mid-thigh, strapless, slate gray with an electric blue belt and pumps. In this dress I plan on flirting, a lot. My friends and I had a late dinner and went to our favorite club just as if was filling up. We made our way to order our first round when I saw him.

He’s just as handsome as I remember, his eyes a bright sky blue, his hair a light sandy brow and in a complete mess, his jeans a perfect fit, and the pearl snap shirt matched his eyes to a tee. He hadn’t seen me, although I doubt that he would recognize me, I have changed quiet a bit since the last time I saw him. I got my drink and my group made our way through the crowd towards the dance floor, past the man I had a thing for, for many years. I caught him glancing my direction, his blue eyes meeting my green.

“McGuire” I said softly as I passed him, flashing him a flirtatious smirk moving faster to catch up with my friends.

“Katie?” I heard behind me, I kept walking a smirk playing on my face. So he did recognize me after all.

William McGuire, Bill, Billiam. Cowboy Bill, Cowboy. No matter how I say or hear his name, I smile, my heart skips a beat, I giggle and blush all at once. He’s always been able to do that, since we were 10 on the playground, Bill has been making me laugh uncontrollably.

“Katie” he whispered wrapping me in a hug. “Please change your mind.”

“I can’t” I sighed. “I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be sorry. I have to go” he said looking hurt.

“Bill” I said grabbing his hand. “Good Luck out there. I hope it’s everything you could want cowboy.”

“There’s already something missing.”

“I know, I’m sorry . . .”

“Don’t be” he said kissing my wrist. “I wish you would change your mind.”

“I wish I could too, but I can’t. It’s not a good time.”

“We’re young, I know, but it doesn’t change much.”

“We’ll see. You never know what can happen in a year or two.”

“You you could have a whole new life . . .”

“So could you” I said giving him a quick kiss goodbye before walking back to my car. I sat in the driver seat watching him look back at me before climbing into his car and driving away, only slowing slightly as he passed me.


I have to admit that throughout the night I made sure to catch his eye, swaying to the music a bit more provocative than I normally would. Seeing that his eyes flashed to my hips I made sure to give him a little more of a show turning slowly. By the time I turned all the way around and looked back to where he had been standing, he was gone.

“Hi” I heard a familiar voice in my ear. I turned my head to the left seeing him standing there close enough to smell the masculine musk of his cologne.

“Hi” I replied leaning in so he could hear me over the music. His hands rested on my hips his body flush against mine. “Dance with me Will” I suggested not so subtly pushing my hips against his.

“You always liked to dance” he said resting his face on my neck.

“Still do” I said as we swayed to the beat.

We danced for a while, lost in the music and the feeling of his strong body hold mine to his. I could almost feel his heart beating against my back. His hands were just as strong as remembered, as his hand slid to rest on my stomach I felt wrapped up in familiarity. I have missed him greatly, seeing him back here after so long makes me missed him more than I did when he was away.

“Thirsty?” he asked rubbing his thumb against my stomach.

“Yes.”

“What do you want?” His warm breath caressing my neck, sending chills up my back. “The same as before?” I nodded, already feeling a bit drunk from the many drinks before, his presence adding even more to my inability to concentrate on anything besides him. Instead of leaving me with my friends he led me with him to the bar, his hand staying on the small of my back.

“You’re looking very good, Will.”

“If I said the same about you it would be an understatement” he said looking me up and down.

“If your flattery is a means to get in my pants your attempt will be for nothing,” I smiled, “As you can see, I’m not wearing pants.” He laughed handing me a shot.

“Hopefully later on neither will I” he said flat out. Making me blush as we took out shots.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe.