Can't Pretend That We're Nothing Special

What is wrong with me?

Zacky's P.O.V

I lay back on my bed staring at the small clock on my bedside table. For some reason my bed didn't seem as comfortable as it did back in England. We had all our furniture delivered here the week before. I sighed and looked around the room. It was pretty big, well compared to my old bedroom. It had a built in wardrobe, desk with some boxes on the top and by the side, a bedside table with my alarm clock, phone and Ipod on top and my double bed. The walls were just a boring white colour but I suppose I could get used to it. I got up and looked out the window which faced our back garden.

Laughter filled the air, snapping me out of my pointless staring at the bright blue sky. I looked down at the garden next to our house. A bunch of guys stood around the pool, probably laughing at the tall guy that had just been pushed. I kept on watching them for about ten minutes. There were 3 guys, all pretty athletic I guess. I didn't notice the tall one look up and point me out to his friends. My head turned at the sound of laughter and realised they were laughing at me. I blushed, my cheeks going bright red and ducked quickly.

Great, just what you need. More people to take the piss out of you over here. Well done.

I sunk down to the floor and grabbed my knees. I thought to myself that it's going to take a long time for me to settle in here. I have to get a new life, as well as new friends. Thats going to be pretty hard. No one around here would want to talk to a freak from London. It's just going to be weird. I looked around the room again, hoping that the boys had gone away so I could get up. Instead of looking I just sat on the floor and didn't move for half an hour.

"Zack!" I heard my mum shout up the stairs and got up to see what she wanted. As I looked out the window again, I noticed the other boys had gone except the one that had black hair that just brushed his shoulders. He looked straight into my eyes and smiled. I blushed and turned away quickly.

Oh well done. Looks like you messed up again.

"Oh shut up brain." I mumbled to myself and walked down the stairs to see what my mum wanted.