The Kids From Yesterday

Zack's House

Image

Later that night...

We spent the day out at lunch and then did a little shopping at some vintage stores, even Nick picked up a Les Paul guitar. When we came home in the evening, I fixed us all dinner; spaghetti. It was Fab's favourite. What I really loved about my relationship with Nick's bandmates was that we were all super close. I think of them as my brothers and they take me as their little sister. Fab and I can fool around and act like five year olds, and Albert and I can debate over anything, trying to change the other's mindset, but in the end we can laugh about it. And my friendships with Julian and Nikolai is that, either all together or just one-on-one, we can have these long and deep conversations about anything.

Being with Nick for this long, I've really been taken into his musical family and have made a lot more friends in the industry along the way. Though we haven't set a date yet for the wedding, I was already planning on asking my best friend, Lindsey. Lindsey is married to a friend of ours, Gerard Way, who is from the band My Chemical Romance.

Lindsey and I have been friend's for close to four years now, she came to one of my shows for Wicked and came backstage to congratulate me on my performance, and the rest is history!

After dinner we were sitting in the living room drinking red wine when the guys got talking about their upcoming performance on the Jimmy Fallon Show.

"Oh yeah, you're going back to New York then, right?" I asked Nick.

He nodded, "Yup, but I'll only be gone a couple days, I won't abandon you here." He laughed.

"So then we should just leave together then, this coming Thursday should we go?" Albert asked Fab and Nick. They agreed that they'd leave three days from now, but that also gave me an idea.

I took out my phone and started a new text to Zacky.

"Hey, Nick and the boys are leaving to New York on Thursday to do a show, do you wanna hang out then?"

Not long after he replied, "Yeah that'd be perfect! You just wanna come by my place in the evening? I don't live too far from your brother's place."

I thought for a moment but rolled my eyes, thinking to myself C'mon, he's just a friend, and Nick isn't the jealous type. I'll tell Nick before he leaves, it'll be fine. I texted Zack back and told him that that'd be fine with me.

I couldn't help but get excited over it, I mean, just to spend some time with Zack, time that we haven't had since I got here. But to keep my mind off of it, I got back into the conversation with the guys.

Three Days Later...Thursday Night

"And you packed your toothbrush?" I asked Nick as I laid on the bed, watching him pack the last bit of clothes into a duffle bag.

"Yup." He replied. He zipped up the bag and at the same time we heard the honking of a car outside, that must've been the taxi.

"Are you sure you didn't want me to drive you to the airport?" I asked, sitting up.

He smiled and walked over, pulling me up into a passionate kiss. "You never let any of your friend's drive you to the airport, so I won't let the love of my life drive me to the airport."

"I'm sorry, it's a personal thing." I half-smiled.

"That's okay." He chuckled.

I cleared my throat, "So I'm going to hang out with Zack and Gena tonight."

"Oh that'll be nice, they seem like a nice couple." He replied.

"They are, I'm glad Zack found a nice girl." I nodded.

The car honked again. He made a sad face and sighed, "I should get going."

"Well at least let me walk you to the door." I lightly laughed.

He took my hand and we got up and went to the door. "I love you Nick." I smiled, going on my tip-toes to kiss him.

"I love you too, Isla. I'll be back on Sunday." He smiled.

"Okay." I replied, leaning against the door frame watching him walk down the walkway to the car. As I watched the car drive away, he waved as he usually did and my heart broke a little as it always did whenever he'd leave.

I went back into the house and to the bedroom to change. I figured a dress would be too much, so I settled on my best jeans and a simple v-neck t-shirt.

I slipped on my shoes and checked myself in the mirror, I smiled before leaving the room. Wills my sweet brother let me borrow his car to drive the short distance to Zack's home. When I pulled up to his house, I was impressed with how gorgeous it looked, it was even nicer than Will and Em's.

Shutting the car door and locking it for safe measure, I started up the walkway to the door, knocking a few times and waiting for an answer.

Soon the door opened and Zack stood there with a smile. "Hey."

I smiled back. "Hey."

"Come in." He opened the door fully as I walked in slowly.

"Where's Gena?" I asked.

"Las Vegas." He answered as he shut the door.

I looked at him and made a face, "Las Vegas? For what might I ask?"

He smiled, "A bachelorette party, her cousin got some girl's together and they'll be gone for the weekend."

I nodded, "Oh." I walked around the foyer, looking around the place. Admiring the chandelier.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked, walking toward what I assumed to be the kitchen, so I followed him.

"I'd love one." I smiled.

His kitchen was nice, this place had a very modern vibe to it, quite different from the homey feel of Wiliam's. He took out two glasses from the cabinet.

"This is a nice place you got here." I spoke, walking around the kitchen looking around.

I listened to the pouring of drinks and turned to watch him crush a sugar cube in each glass. He looked up at me and smiled. "Thanks."

I leaned against the counter and watched him in silence. He was making us each an Old Fashioned. When he finished he pushed a glass gently across the marble counter top toward me, in which I gently took in my hand.

"So what did you have planned for tonight?" I asked.

He smirked, "I just thought we'd stay here, talk, drink. If you're alright with that?"

"I like that idea." I smiled, moving and walking toward the living room. I sat down on the couch and was soon joined by him.

"So, you're engaged." He half-smiled then sipped at his drink.

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I am."

"Well that's great, I'm happy for you." He shrugged a shoulder as he turned his body toward me.

I laughed, "You don't have to lie."

He chuckled, "I'm not! I really am happy for you."

I just smiled. "So I opened your gift this morning, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk anymore last night."

"That's alright, it was an eventful day."

"But I really loved your gift. The cd, the pictures and the candy are awesome. Reminds me of the good ole days." I grinned.

He smiled back, "Yeah, those were the days."

"Do you remember that time we went up to Indio to the Coachella festival and spent the weekend there and I didn't tell my parents. They were so mad when I got back." I laughed.

"Yeah, I think that gave them more reasons to hate me." He chuckled.

"Oh but it was a great weekend. We had so much fun, just you and I." I smiled, bring my legs up onto the couch.

"Do you ever replay our old memories in your head? I mean, just spend those sleepless nights thinking about them?" He asked, looking at the flickering flame of the candles on vintage candelabrum.

I softly smiled and followed his eyes to the candles. "All the time."

He smiled and have a light laugh, "Sometimes I feel like I think about them too much. Like, too often. But maybe it's because I'm afraid that one day I might forget them."

I looked at him. "You won't. I know I won't. My favourite memories were when we'd steal my parents liquor and climb to the roof, and talk about the the future and make plans underneath the stars."

"And I gave you your first tattoo." He spoke with a slight smile.

"And it hurt like crazy!" I laughed.

"Do you still have it?" He asked.

I nodded and extended my right arm showing him the tattoo of half of a heart. His smile brightened up when he saw the tattoo, he held my arms gently in his hands and soon extended his arm to show me the matching tattoo that had the other half of the heart. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

His smile then faltered as he looked down and then he let go of my arm and took his drink again, finishing it off.

I pushed my hair back and cleared my throat, "So, when are you gonna tie the knot with Gena?"

He gave a laugh, "Uh...I'm not sure, I haven't exactly thought about that."

I just nodded.

"Isla."

I looked at him. "Yes?"

He looked at him with the same melancholy look he had that day he drove me to the airport. "I think about you all the time."

I looked down and didn't say anything.

"And...and I know I should stop, but I don't want to. Because even seeing you now, I still see that girl I was madly in love with when I was 20 years old. And even at 30 years old, I still have those feelings for you."

"I should leave." I whispered, setting down my drink and getting ready to stand up. But he took my hand.

"Don't. Please don't." He spoke.

I looked at him and into his green eyes. The light of the flickering candles shone against the side of his face. He placed his hand against the side of my face and moved closer. I was frozen as he slowly moved closer and closer. I closed my eyes and felt his lips pressing against mine in the most tender of kiss.

I wanted to pull away, but I couldn't. I softly sighed as he kissed me with more passion, gently laying me down on the couch.

"We can't do this." I whispered. He kissed my neck and ran his hands along my sides.

"Just one night, that's all." He whispered, kissing my jaw and kissing my lips again.

I let him kiss me but I was never the one to kiss back. His hands began moving up my shirt but I pushed him back. "No, stop. I can't do this."

I sat up and quickly stood up, grabbing my purse from the table and walking to the door.

"Isla, I'm sorry." He quickly said, following me.

"I'm engaged Zack, I'm gonna marry Nick because I love him. I always will. You have Gena. You're supposed to love her and honour your relationship. Things have changed Zack, I have changed. And you, you need to let go of the past. We can't always be those teenagers living the California dream. That was yesterday."

I then left the house and quickly walked down the walkway to the car, starting it up and driving off as fast as I could. I didn't want to go back to the house, so I spent the night driving around L.A, because I couldn't even face Will and Emily. I just needed to clear my head for awhile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! I've just been so wrapped up in another story of mine and because that one is my first love, I've been dedicating more time to it. But here is the new update!

Leave a Comment
and
Subscribe