The Kids From Yesterday

Venice Beach

Image

The evening had set in and we were taking our time getting ready to go out tonight. I spent the past hour trying to figure out what to wear, holding dresses against me in the mirror, trying on all my shoes.

"Just pick a dress, you'll look beautiful in any one." Nick sighed, laying on the bed.

I smiled and blew a kiss to him in the mirror. "Thanks babe, but it needs to be the right one." I put the dress down and began digging in my suitcase. "Ah! I got it!"

I then began pulled off my sweater and pulled on a pair of old worn shorts, and then I grabbed a Rolling Stones tank top. "With the black sneakers, what do you think?"

"Lookin' shmexy." He smiled, still sprawled out on the bed.

I crawled on top of him, my legs on either side of his body. I slowly kissed his lips and ran my fingers through his shaggy hair, looking into his blue eyes.

"Six years and I fall more and more in love with you everyday." I quietly spoke. He gently touched my face and lifted his head to kiss me.

"Isla?"

I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "Yeah?" I sleepily sighed.

"What if...what if we had a baby?" He replied.

My eyes slowly opened and my lips formed a smile. I lifted my head and looked down at him. "A baby?"

He smiled and sat up, pulling me close to him so I could still sit in his lap. "Yeah, I mean...we've been together for a long time already...I just thought a baby would be something nice for us."

I just smiled and looked down, really thinking about it.

He cleared his throat, "It was just a thought."

"I would love to have a baby with you." I grinned, wrapping my arms around him.

He quickly looked at me, with a surprised look. "Really?"

"I don't mean right this minute. But Nick, I love you and us having a little family of our own is...is something I've always dreamt about." I laid down on the bed and looked up at him.

He laid down next to me, "But we should probably get married before we talk anymore about having kids." He chuckled.

"That would be nice...but maybe not right now, Wills and Em just got engaged, I wouldn't want to take away from that." I replied.

He kissed my forehead, "Okay. When the time is right then." He held out his hand to shake mine.

I laughed and shook his hand, "It's a deal."

There was then a knock at our door.

"Isla, Nick. Are you ready?" It was Will.

Nick looked at me and made a strangling motion with his hands that made me laugh. "Yes Will, we'll be right out."

We got up and left the room, following Will and Emily out to a black Camaro Convertible. Nick ogled the car and carefully got in, gently running his hand along the leather seats. I just chuckled and shook my head. The drive was a little over a half hour to get to Venice beach, but the time passed quickly as we listen to the radio.

Soon we arrived at this lounge called Nikki's. It looked pretty decent. As we got out of the car, a black SUV with chrome rims and details pulled up next to us. Music was blaring and the windows were heavily tinted so I couldn't make out who it was. They cut the engine and out came from the driver's side was Zack. Of course.

He didn't look at me, he just turned and began talking to my brother. Nick and I followed everyone in and were impressed by the look of the place. Very New York I commented as we took a seat next to each other. The waitress came over and greeted us, she then took our drink order.

As the orders of various beers and hard liquors were requested, it came to us "lowly, New Yorkers" and our drinks of choice.

"I'll have a Ricard." Nick kindly ordered, that was his favourite drink. A French beer, probably because it was the French in him that liked it. That's what I always teased him about.

"And I'll have a martini, thank you." I smiled.

Everyone was chatting and laughing when the waitress eventually came back and handed each of us our drinks. I sipped at my martini and then proceeded to dig inside my bag, finding a pack of cigarettes. I had placed on in my mouth when the waitress came back with the other drinks.

"I'm sorry but you can't smoke in here." She politely spoke.

I paused for a moment and looked at her, almost taken aback. I then started to laugh. "Oh, I'm sorry. I do it all the time at home," putting the smoke back in the carton.

"Look at you, you've changed so much. My baby sister, drinking martinis and smoking cigarettes." Will laughed. "New York has changed you."

"California has changed you William, I'm not the only one." I smiled.

"So you're an actress?" Matt asked me, not really paying attention to what Wills and I had said.

"Yes I am." I grinned.

"Do you do any movies?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, I thought about it, but then I realized my real home was on the stage. I've done musicals, dramas. My first show, I really had to work for it. I came to New York a timid little British girl, and my director really helped push me to be a better actress. I was originally cast as an extra, but eventually I landed the lead role in Wicked."

They all looked at me with a confused look, I cleared my throat and finished of my martini.

"What's Wicked?" Brian asked in his loud voice. I could feel my face flush. What am I doing? They don't care about my career. They don't like musicals and Broadway features. I wish I was back in New York...

"Isn't that the one with The Wizard of Oz or something?" Zack spoke up. I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah, it is."

Nick put his arm around me and explained it to the others. "It's actually kind of like, a backstory before Dorothy came in. It's about Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Glinda, the Good Witch. It's really a great show. I liked it a lot. When we first started dating, I'd go to her shows just to see her. I must've seen Wicked, like, four times." He laughed. "She's one of the best actresses out there."

I smiled and hugged his arm. Zack looked away and sipped at his beer.

"So, you guys are in a band? Avenged Sevenfold." I rhetorically asked.

"Yeah, we formed around...actually, around the time you left." Brian replied.

"So what kind of music do you play?" I asked, this time out of pure curiosity.

"Um, hard rock, not really metal, but yeah hard rock." Matt chuckled.

"That's interesting. I'm sorry I haven't heard of you, I don't get much time to listen to music and when I do, it's only when I'm rehearsing for something." I lightly laughed.

"You always did like to sing." Zack spoke, nodding his head.

"She's got a killer voice. For someone so tiny, she has a lot of soul." Nick smiled

"Speaking of tiny, what are the odds the smallest person would end up with the tallest person. Nick, how tall are you?" William laughed.

"Six-four." He chuckled.

"Isla?" Will looked at me.

I smiled and shook my head, "Five-four."

"He's a foot taller than you!" Wills laughed.

"Can I get another martini?" I asked the waitress as she was walking past.

"Yeah, I'll have one too." A voice spoke up. I turned to see who it was, I didn't recognize her as she smiled and approached the table. She was very pretty and had fiery red hair.

"Kassi!" The guys cheered in excitement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a Comment and Subscribe :)