The Kids From Yesterday

Shots

Image

An hour into our stay at the lounge, this Kassi girl made herself at home. I guess she was good friends with the guys, and girls. Her hair was like I said, fiery red, and she had a personality to match; feisty, outgoing, an all-around people person. Sort of my complete opposite.

She tried very hard to get me involved in her gab, but I politely excused myself to go to the bar. I sat there waiting for my martini to be made when Zack came and sat next to me, ordering the table another round of drinks.

"I'm sorry about this morning, I didn't mean for it to end up being painfully awkward, I just...I didn't mean to say it that way." He quietly spoke, sounding frustrated.

I sighed and bit my lip, thinking for a moment. "Zack that was nine years ago...we're both in relationships."

"I know Isla, but that day you left, we both left some things unsaid..." He turned to face me, looking over my shoulder to make sure we had privacy from the others.

"And now is not the time to say them Zack...but I'm sorry if I hurt you then, but I was hurt too...why did you stop writing?" I looked at him with a pained expression.

"Stop writing? Isla, I never stopped. I wrote you every week, when I wasn't getting letters back I thought you were done with me." He shook his head, and before I could further ask him anymore, Nick came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"What are you doing Iles?" He chuckled, sitting on the other seat next to me.

"Talking to Zack as I wait for my drink." I smiled, turning to face him. "What are you doing?" I asked. Zack got up and went to go sit with the others back at the table. The bartender handed me my drink.

"I'm just bored, all they ever talk about is their friends from downtown, hanging out at this bar, this ridiculous party they all went to. Is this a California thing?" Nick quietly spoke.

I laughed, "They've been friends since, forever I guess."

"I'm gonna order a shot." He said.

I thought for a moment and smiled, "Order me one too."

"You never take shots. I like the way you think." He smirked and then ordered some shots for us.

When the others saw that we were at the bar taking shots, they came over and ordered more. The D.J turned up the music, playing some classic eighties dance music. I grabbed Nick's hand and pulled him onto the dance floor with me, dancing and holding a martini in my other hand.

The night went on with more drinking, well, more than what I'd usually have, I rarely drink let alone get drunk. And I was drunk. LMFAO's Shots was blaring over the sound system and I at one point I was on my own but dancing with some random people, tossing my hair around and completely loosened up and singing with the song.

"Let's go to the beach!" I grinned, "I wanna go swimming!" I convinced everyone to come across the street with me onto the beach. I was the first one to go outside and pulled off my hoodie and kicked off my shoes, running toward the water. I took off my tank top and unzipped my denim shorts, running into the water in my underwear.

Nick laughed as he took off his shoes and joined me in the water, picking me up so my legs were wrapped around him. Music outside of the bar was loud enough you could hear it from the beach and the song changed to a Katy Perry song, Teenage Dream.

"You make me feel
Like I'm livin' a
Teenage dream
The way you turn me on
I can't sleep
Let's run away and
Don't ever look back,
Don't ever look back
"

I sang along and danced around in the water, making the others laugh. This song always reminded me of my teenage years, before leaving Cali. I laughed hysterically as I fell down into the sand and rolled onto my back, "You know I never do this!"

"Do what?" Brian laughed.

"Get drunk!" I laughed. "I feel like I'm on top of the world!"

Nick chuckled, "I'm gonna go get your clothes." He went walking away to pick up my clothes and shoes.

I looked up at the night sky and smiled, smelling the saltwater and hearing it crash against the shore's rocks. "Why did I ever leave Cali? It's summer all year round and so beautiful here. You don't get that in New York." I slurred. Closing my eyes, that was my last memory of that night. And I woke up this morning regretful and sick to my stomach.

"What happened last night?" I groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it's so short and I'm so sorry it has taken me this long to update! My co-writer has been totally ignoring my messages since she was the one who was supposed to write this one. I am not happy >:(

Anyway, please don't give up on me and comment and subscribe :)