The Kids From Yesterday

Juilliard

Image

A few days later I was outside by the pool, along the side stretching and getting ready to practice my dance routine. I played the music by Lady Gaga on the stereo, it was my favourite and it also got me loosened me up and got me ready to dance. I've taken ballet since I was five and danced it into my college years at Juilliard, I also learned several other dances that were required in my classes.

Americano began playing just as I finished my stretches and I went into a contemporary version of ballet infused with latin themes. I always dedicated my days to dancing and singing, it was my life on and off the stage.

I twirled around and swayed my hips, making each move smooth and sensual. I watched my reflection in the windows of the house, watching my moves and stopping and starting over again if I messed up even once. I always pushed myself harder in order to perform the best, even if no one was there to judge me.

Every move had to be perfect as I let the music move me. Some days I'd practice for three, sometimes four hours. It was also how I kept in shape along with pilates. Under the warm California sun I worked up a sweat, being completely engrossed with my dancing I had shut out the world and focused only on my routine.

Sometimes when I'd do this, I wouldn't realize that there'd be others around, or I'd practice at the studio owned by the stage company I was with. This time I hadn't realized I was being watched, after doing a pirouette I saw Zack and Gena standing there watching me, and it threw me off causing me to fall.

I held my ankle and looked up at them, "I didn't know you were there."

Gena came to my side, "Are you okay? We're so sorry, we just didn't want to disturb you, I just thought you looked so graceful dancing I wanted to watch. Are you alright?"

I smiled and shook it off, "Yeah I'm okay. It's just when I start dancing I forget everything else." She held out her hand to help me up. My face went red when I realized that Zack was watching too.

I walked over to shut off the stereo and grab a towel, starting to dab the droplets of sweat from my chest.

Gena smiled, "You're an amazing dancer, you're so talented."

"You are." Zack smiled.

I smiled and looked down, even as experienced as I am, I still get shy when I get complimented. "Thank you. It took my whole life to get to where I am now. Are you here to see Will and Em?"

"Yeah, but let's go inside, tell me more about your dancing. Did you learn in the school you went to? Which one was that again?" She asked as we went into the house through the side door. I stopped at the fridge and grabbed a vitamin water.

"I went to Juilliard for four years for their dance program and right immediately after I went to NYU's Tisch School for their three year Musical Theatre program. I finally finished school two years ago, but I've been featured in plays, musicals, and dramas for about 6 years now."

"Wow, school for seven years? That's a long time!" She laughed.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It takes a lot of dedication and commitment."

"Well, Gena and I were wondering if the four of you wanted to come over tonight and hang out." Zack changed the subject, talking to Will as we entered the living area.

"We'd love to." Will smiled.

"But I can't." I replied, walking past Zack and Gena into the living room.

Zack looked at me, "Oh?"

I sat on the armrest of the chair next to Nick. "Glee is on tonight. It's the season premiere and I can't miss it."

Nick laughed, "This girl wouldn't miss an episode for the world."

Zack made a face, "Oh okay, um, well Will and Em, do you two wanna come over?"

"I'm actually gonna watch it with Isla tonight, we're having a Glee party." Emily grinned.

"That sounds really cool." Gena smiled.

"Would you like to join us?" I asked, just being polite.

"Yeah, and the guys can hang out tonight." Emily added.

Gena looked at Zack and bit her lip, "If you don't mind?"

Zack chuckled, "Go ahead. You guys wanna go out tonight?"

Will agreed and Nick hesitated but agreed. I could tell he was reluctant to, but it was either that or watch Glee. They agreed to go by 7, since that's when the show started. So while we still fours hours to go, Gena and Zack said they'd be back and I excused myself to go back outside and finish what I had started.

While I was redoing my stretches and looking for a new playlist on my iPod, I could see Wills, Em, and Zack and Gena in the kitchen talking and laughing, gathered around the counter. After I had finished my stretches I went right into my dancing.

As I swayed along with the music, I couldn't help but keep catching Zack's eye. He would casually watch me without ogling me, but either way he threw off my concentration. I shut off the stereo and grabbed my towel, going back inside.

"I think that's enough for today. I'm gonna go shower up." I mumbled, walking past everyone in the kitchen, going straight to the bedroom.

In the shower as the hot water beat down on my skin, I rested my head against the wall. I shook my head and sighed, I really hope I'm not leading him on...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know! Not the best chapter, but my co-writer is busy, and I've been dedicating a lot of my time to my other stories!

But please Comment and Subscribe anyway :)

(Obviously I've been inspired by my favourite t.v show, Glee <3)