The Kids From Yesterday

Love Stories

Image

Hours later after watching an amazing episode of Glee, the girls and I were sitting in the living room drinking white wine and eating chocolate.

"So Isla, we've been talking all about me and Will and the wedding, what about you? When are you Nick gonna tie the knot?" Emily smiled.

"Yeah, six years is pretty committed." Gena smiled.

I made a face and sipped at my wine, "We've talked about it, but I think we're gonna wait a little longer."

"I should have a talk with him." Emily laughed. I laughed and shook my head, "No no, we're okay with waiting."

"What is there to wait for?" Gena asked out of pure curiosity.

"Yeah, who knows? Your birthday is next week anyway." Em smiled.

I really had to think about that...I mean, Nick and I have come up with excuses, like our careers....not having time to get married let alone plan a wedding...for some reason as I put deep thought into these excuses none of them seemed good enough.

"I don't know." I chuckled.

They started to laugh. Gena stretched out on the sofa, "So then tell us, what was it that made you fall head over heels in love? When was the moment you knew he was the one?"

I smiled, knowing exactly when it was. "Well, we've been together practically forever, but I've always been a hesitant person, so even in the first year of our relationship I was still tentative to open up fully to him. But one night, we were at my place and I was having such a bad day and I was an emotional wreck. And you know when you're in a fowl mood you don't want to have anything to do with anyone, but he insisted on coming over. We were in my room and he came in with tea for us and chocolates, and he just let me talk and cry to him all night. He listened to me and held me all night. I knew that if he could handle me at my worst, when other's avoided the job, he was the one."

I blushed, "It's the little things that count the most to me. I just love that even after six years, we still have such a strong and such a loving and tender relationship, and that we can just talk to each other without having that fear of being judged...Oh I'm gonna cry, we need to stop talking about this." I laughed.

"Wow, that is...that's so romantic." Gena smiled, holding her glass up to her chest.

"Oh, I can't wait till you get married Isla, you're gonna have the greatest marriage." Emily added.

"Oh but what about you? You're marrying that handsome devil, Wills loves you more than life itself." I replied.

She grinned, "I am really happy. And I guess while we're back on the topic of weddings, Gena, Isla. Will you girls be my bridesmaids?"

Gena and I immediately said "Yes."

I got up and hugged Emily, "Oh Emily, this is absolutely fantastic. Now your wedding is gonna be even more amazing."

She laughed. "Oh, I think I hear the boys coming in." We listened and heard them laughing as they walked up the walkway.

Soon they came in and greeted us as they came into the living room, "Hey girls." Wills smiled, going over to kiss Emily.

"How was Glee?" Nick asked, walking over and kissing me on the forehead.

"It was amazing." I smiled.

"You guys really missed out on a great night." Gena smiled, kissing Zacky. I looked away, "Yeah, where'd you guys go?"

"We went to the Roxy, caught a local show, got a few drinks. Just hung out, it was good." Nick smiled.

"Oh, guess what? The girls are going to be my bridesmaids!" Emily grinned.

"No way! That's great, I have even better news. Zack and Nick are going to me my groomsmen." Will chuckled.

I looked at Nick, "Really? That's amazing, we're both gonna be in the wedding!"

"I thought it'd be nice, we could take notes." He chuckled. Emily and Gena smiled at me but I rolled my eyes and laughed it off.

"Well, we should get going. I'll call you tomorrow." Zack cleared his throat.

"Alright, for sure man. Thanks for tonight, it was great." Wills hugged him as did Emily, and Nick shook his hand. Awkwardly Zack hugged me and we didn't know which way to put our faces and almost bumped into each other.

"Okay, it was nice seeing you." My face went red as I gently pulled away. He laughed, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I nodded. After they left, Nick and I went to the bedroom.

We were fooling around on the bed, getting pretty heated. I sat on his lap, facing him as we kissed. I ran my fingers through his hair and sighed into each kiss as he pulled me closer to his chest. We laid down with me on top of him, straddling his sides. He was making me laugh as he kissed my neck, tickling me.

"Nick stop, you're killing the mood." I giggled, lightly hitting him.

"Ooh, I like that." He laughed, making me laugh even more. I sighed and crawled off of him. He sat up, "Wait, what're you doing?"

"You ruined it." I smiled, laying down next to him.

He kissed my shoulder, "I love you and I'm sorry...now let's have sex."

I burst out laughing and covered my face, "Nick, you're insane!"

He crawled over top of me and whispered, "I love you."

I wrapped my arms around him and his hands were moving up my shirt, but I stopped him and began telling him what the girls and I were talking about.

"So the girls asked me what it was that made me know you were the one for me." I smiled.

He raised a brow and smirked, "Did you tell them it was my devastatingly good looks?"

I laughed, "It slipped my mind, sorry. I told them that it was how we can just talk to each other, and it was the little things that meant the most to me."

He smiled and kissed me, "I love that too. You wanna know what made me know you were the one?"

I grinned, "Of course."

His blue eyes looked up into mine, "It's how sensitive and loving you are; you are so accepting of everyone. And the first time I took you to Bordeaux, France to meet my grandfather, that was shortly after my grandmother passed away, you sat with him for hours just talking to him. From the weather in France, to his garden in the backyard, you became so comfortable with him. And he's such a quiet man to begin with, I understand why some people would have a hard time talking to him, but you brought out this other side of him. That last day just as we were about to leave, he said to me "Take care of your girl". That's when I knew you were the one."

His story actually brought tears to my eyes, "He's a sweet man, I saw you in him, that's why I was so comfortable with him." I smiled.

He smiled back and laid down next to me, "I love you Isla, so much." He bowed down and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a Comment
and
Subscribe