What Are You So Scared Of?

Dearie me.

Lee

I was waiting in front of my doctor's office. He had been taking care of my case since I was born. Since I was affected with an extremely rare intersex condition, he was a pioneer, and I always felt like a text subject. But now here I was, waiting.
The door opened.

"Hello Lee, come in."

I nodded, and followed the man into his office.
This office made me feel uneasy. It was there I always was reminded I had a vagina. It was there I broke down when those fucking breasts started growing, I was 12, trembling and crying.
Not to mention the painful minutes of examination I had to endure often to prevent any cancer or infection in my female parts, from the age of 8.
Knowing that I'd probably have to get examined today made me feel like shit.
I sat in front of him. He was a man of 50 years of age, surely had been quite handsome in his younger days.
He crossed his hands.

"So. We're going to calmly sum up all of this. How many weeks is she pregnant of?"

"Four" I said softly.

"Do you remember having unprotected sex at that moment?"

I squirmed.

"Well... Yes... Kind of... We just had the STD test negative... And she wasn't taking her pill but it's my fault..."

"When did you have your last menstruations?"

"Uh... Two weeks ago?"

"And before you had unprotected relations?"

"I... Uh... Two months."

He noted.

"You told me I was unfertile."

"No, I conjectured it. This proves you aren't. That, or your girlfriend is sleeping with someone else."

I blushed.

"She isn't!"

"We'll have tests done on Saturday, for your fertility."

I whimpered.

"Now we'll have an exam, can you go lay on the table?"

I gulped. Here we go.

--

Jenna.

Dearie me. Ian's a pain. I'm ringing on his door and he won't answer, the cunt. I know there's someone inside, there's shadows moving on the first floor.
I sighed exasperatedly, stepping away from the porch.
Sean was at my house, eating all my caramel ice cream.
And I was left to deal with Ian. And I have to do that quickly cause Jamie is with Sean, eating all my lemon sorbet, because he doesn't want to come back at his appartment with Stuart so I have to speak to Stu.
Jenna, social helper.

"IAN! IAN GET OUT!"

No answer. I grunted.

"Fucking hell Ian! That's it, just keep on hiding!"

I walked away, and suddenly the first floor window opened, and something fell.
I turned back, and ran to the thing that had hit the floor. A small box.
I picked it up, pocketed it, and started walking to the campus, disgruntled.

I knocked on Stuart and Jamie's door.
The thing opened almost immediatly.
On Stuart with a perfect shirt, vest and tie, looking worried.

"Jamie I... Jenna?!"

"Um, yeah, I..."

"Sorry, uh... I thought you were Jamie... He's supposed to have come back two hours ago... I had planned he would be late because of our argument but I had prepared something to make it up to him I..."

"Aw, it's adorable, he will love it!" I cooed, glancing inside to see there was a bunch of lit candles, and a bouquet on the sofa.

He bit his lip.

"That's nice of you... But for the moment I'm more worrying as to where he is. Do you know..."

"He's at mines" I smiled. He's scared he's hurt you and he's ashamed. I picked him up on the road to Uni heavily emo-ing and he didn't want to come back so I tucked him in a blanket and gave him lemon sorbet. Shall I call him to tell him he can go home and you're not pissed off anymore?"

Stuart sighed in relief.

"Dear god I thought he was dying in an alley or something. Muppet worries too much about my reaction. Tell him he can come back... But don't tell him about the surprise" he smirked, before taking me in his arms. "Thank you Jenna. You're a top friend."

I chuckled.

"No problem Stu."

--

Back in dah house. Jamie was safely evacuated and Stu texted me he had arrived at home. I bet he loved the surprise, however sexual it was. My parents weren't back from Berlin and Madrid until tomorrow so I bought Sean a new tub of caramel ice cream down the street in Sainsbury's - I bought myself a bucket of Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough.

As Sean opened the second tub, eyes locked on the future victim of some serial killer in the series - a male prostitute with a good booty - stripping in a Miami club, I got out the box Ian had thrown at me.

"Hey. Seanie. Ian didn't show up but he left this."

I put the box in the palm of his hand.

He fixed it, confused, before opening it.

"What's in this?"

Sean just stared.

"It's a necklace."

"A neckla-?"

"It's an amethyst."

I looked at it. It was a small amethyst threaded onto a black leather tie.

"I had seen it in a jewel shop. I never knew he bought it for me."

Tears welled up in Sean's eyes, and he collapsed into tears.