Permanently Yours

Final Last Words

"Katherine Oliver." my principal called my name. I got up from my chair, dancing across the gym floor to retrieve my certificate announcing I had been passed on to the ninth grade. I grinned and shook his hand, taking the piece of paper with my name and almost a dozen signatures on it, then was sent back to my seat.

I waited patiently for the other students in my class to receive their certificates, now hyping myself up for the dance that was being held after eight grade graduation. I was ready to dance around with my best friend and eat all the delicious food we could get our hands on. Vic and I at our best.

Once the ceremony was brought to an end, I went to find my family. I approached them, smiling as I held up my certificate to show them what I had achieved. My mother grinned and patted me on the back. "Congrats, baby."

"Thanks Mama." I smiled, showing my step-dad now.

He seemed uninterested but gave me a faint smile and nodded. "Congrats, Kate."

"Thanks Dan." I replied, feeling a set of arms around my shoulders and a leg on each side of my waist.

"Katy, lets go to the dance now!" my best friend, Vic Fuentes, excitedly said into my ear.

"Ugh, get off of me chubby."

"I don't want to!"

"Victor Vincent, get off of Katy." I heard his mother scold him from behind us. "You two go on to the dance and have a good time. We'll see you both later."

"Thanks Mama Fuentes." I smiled at her as Vic hopped off my back.

"You're welcome. Now you two go have fun with what time you have left together."

"Fifteen minutes, Katy!" my mother said, looking at me. "We need to get home so we can get a good night's sleep for our travel tomorrow."

Oh yeah. I forgot, I was moving from San Diego to San Francisco. Eight hours away from everything I've ever known. I frowned a little, feeling Vic tug on the side of my shirt. "Are you coming or not?" he rolled his brown eyes. I nodded and followed him away from our parents, going inside the room where our dance was being held.

I sighed, now feeling down over the fact I was about to move. Vic held my hand tight, making me look up at him. He just smiled back. "Dance with me Katybear." he said, using a nickname he gave me when I was six only because I carried a stupid teddy bear around on my hip all the time.

I smiled and nodded, letting him pull me to the edge of the dancing crowd. We moved around and danced obnoxiously, having a blast together while we still could. Only God knew when I would see him again. When a slow song came on, he held my hand again and pulled me against him. "Vic, what are you doing?" I giggled.

"I'm going to slow dance with my best friend. You know, since our shots of going to prom are slim." he pouted. "I don't want you to leave, Katy."

"I don't want to leave either, Vicky." I stopped dancing to hug him. He hugged back and sighed and mumbled something that wasn't audible. "Huh-"

"Katy, it's time to leave." my mother said sadly from behind me. I felt like my heart had just been torn to a million pieces. "You know what? Just wrap it up.." she said out of guilt from the sad looks Vic and I carried on our faces and walked away from us.

We nodded and held each other in an embrace. "What'd you say, Vic?"

"Nothing, it's not important." he looked at the ground. "I'm gonna miss you, Katybear."

"I'm gonna miss you too, Vic."

"Promise me we'll see each other again someday?"

"I promise we will." I held my pinky out to him, allowing him to wrap his around mine to form a pinky promise. "Now what did you say?"

"I love you Katy." he said bluntly, looking up to make eye contact.

"Aw Vic." I gave him another hug. "I love you too."

"Katy, lets go." my mother came back, biting her lip. "Vic, your mother's waiting in the lobby."

He nodded sadly and shot me a sad smile. "Bye Katy, I love you."

I giggled and waved. "Bye Vicky, I love you too."

And within a second, we were being pulled away from each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so hi. Um if you don't know me, I am formerly known as "xnothingtolosex" and I have forgotten my password (kill me.) So I created a new account and I'm bringing this to you since I don't have any access to my Alex fics. Sorry :/
Comment&Subscribe?