Sequel: This Means War
Status: Completed

A Glitch in Time

Chapter 15

The ball was going great. I danced a few more times with some cousins of mine, who seemed to be really funny. They had me laughing for a long while, and I can tell that George was becoming jealous, due to his hard glares that he was giving me. I poked my tongue out at him, before excusing myself from the cousin I was dancing with.

Everyone applauded, and soon my father stood up to give an announcement. “Tonight, we have every reason to celebrate...due to mine and my wife’s daughter returning to Startopia. It has given us great joy, as we all stand here today, to witness what is about to happen...”

I felt my hand being taken, which was from George, who lead me over to the thrones. Everyone who stood around his, made a line for me, and I soon found myself standing before my father, looking confused, as he was smiling with excitement.

“It is now that moment and time; that I shall crown my daughter, Glitch. For she is what we all have been waiting for, and wanting for a long while; she is the key to our kingdom, that can open up new possibilities, and help us continue to strive for years.” He looked down upon me, and commanded me to kneel, which I did.

“Glitch, my daughter...it is now my great and honorable pleasure...to crown you, as our long lost Princess, of Startopia..”

I had to keep myself from crying, as I felt something light being placed upon my head. “You may stand, my dear.”

I stood up slowly, and smiled through my tears at my father, who I can tell was trying to hold in his happiness, and told me to turn around to everyone else. I faced them, all of which either were in tears, and had smiles upon their faces.

“I now pronounce you, Princess of Startopia!” I heard my father say, which had everyone bow before me.

I was soon given a hug from my mother, and my father, before being handed a long golden staff, with a star placed on top; which I held up, and yelled, “I am Princess Glitch!”

Everyone took that note to stand back up, before applauding and cheering. I smiled brightly, and searched the crowd for George, who was soon at my side, whispering, “Looking for someone?”

I grinned, before taking his hand, and allowed him to walk me outside onto the balcony, while the party continued. Once we were out of earshot, George and I leaned against the railing, and looked out to see the meadow that was up ahead, and the village that was far far away.

“So...” George started, “How does it feel to be royalty?”

I had to laugh lightly, before staring at him, and answered, “It’s...well...it is something I’m going to have to get used to...”

He pulled me closer, and grinned, while our noses touched, “I think you’ll get used to it quickly. I have no doubt you’d make a great Queen.”

I chuckled lightly, “Would you be my king, if I asked?”

He kissed my forehead, and smirked, “Isn’t that my job to be asking you?”

I shrugged, “Men don’t have to do everything...”

“You’re right. We don’t.” He grinned, and pulled back a strand of my golden hair, which fell into my eyes. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?”

I blushed lightly, before rolling my eyes, “Changing the subject, as always...”

“Well...have I?” He asked, chuckling.

“Maybe a few times...” I said, giving him a small smirk, before finding his lips upon mine.

I giggled, before kissing him back, and wrapping my arms around his neck, holding him closely to me. My life sure has changed for the better. I was reunited with my parents, found a really great friend, who I’ve come to love, even if he is annoying sometimes, took my rightful place on the throne as a Princess...and well...to tell you the truth...I wouldn’t have it any other way.

George lifted me up from the ground, and spun me around, causing me to giggle some more, before we both headed back inside to join everyone else.

Hey, someone has to eat the cake that’s just sitting on the table, and that somebody’s going to be me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! Last chapter! Whoo! Finally got this done...

So, why did it have to take me 3 years to finish? I have no idea. Maybe I didn't have any inspiration, or I thought that 13 chapters was enough. Unfortunately...I'll be going back to school in October, and only have three more quarters to get through!

Yay me!

So, any comments, suggestions, concerns. If you find any errors, please let me know ^^

Thanks for reading!! And thank you to all my commenters and readers who enjoyed this story!! <3