Sequel: This Means War
Status: Completed

A Glitch in Time

Chapter 4

“Class, we have a new student joining us today,” said my Geometry teacher, which got my attention, and my mouth hung open to see that black boy I saw yesterday afternoon.

He smiled as he scanned the classroom with his eyes, and said, “Hello, the name’s George Tiller, I thank Mr. Hortermer for introducing me; hopefully I can adapt to this class quickly, and hope it’s a great year.”

After saying that, his eyes stopped on me, we made contact and he gave me a sly smile before walking over to me and sitting next to me, and before Mr. Hortermer could say anything, he turned to me and said, “Nice to see you again Glitter.”

I ignored him, and went back to doodling in my notebook.

~~

Once math was over, I dashed out of the class only to bump into George, who smirked down at me, and asked, “What’s your hurry?”

“Um, I have to get to my next class,” I said, trying to side step him, but he got in my way, making me groan in protest.

“Get past me first,” he said, folding his arms, “because I’m not moving.

Then I got so angry that I didn’t notice my eyes glowing red and so was my whistle and I suddenly ran through him and zoomed to my next class, leaving him speechless.

~~

Later on, I found myself in the school library, working on a book report for Miss Jane, she wanted me to make sure I had it done by tomorrow, so I promised her I’d get it done by tonight.

I couldn’t believe how they allowed students to stay as late as they wanted here, it just seemed strange to me, and they also had dorms where most of the students slept in school.

Once I had a chance to start typing up my report, I felt a presence beside me. I looked up into those emerald green eyes, and knew exactly who it was.

I completely went back to my work, my fingers raging over the keyboard, only for a hand to cover mine, and I looked up and saw George looking sad.

“What do you want?” I asked annoyingly, clearly not wanting to speak to him at the moment.

He let go of my hand, and said, “Just wanting to see what you were up to?”

I stared at him, and then my eyes narrowed once I asked, “Are you stalking me or something?”

He then took off his guitar and said, “Nope, just wanted to talk to you.”

“Why?” I asked, going back to typing up my report.

Instead of answering my question, he looked at my essay, and asked, “What’s this for?”

Seeing that he was changing the subject, I responded like I haven’t noticed, and said, “Homework for English class.”

He nodded, and said as he looked around curiously, “Do you realize that we’re the only two in the library right now?”

I looked up at him, and then looked around to see that he was right, not even the librarian was in sight. “Oh, I didn’t recognize that until now, but who cares, I have homework to finish?”

I went back to typing until I felt my fingers freeze over the keyboard. I looked at them in disbelief, and saw that I couldn’t move them at all. I then stared at George who only gave me a smirk, and then said, “Why aren’t you finishing your homework?”

I glared at him, and said, “Do you think I’m stupid? You know exactly why I’m not doing my homework!”

“I do?” he asked stupidly, making my hands start to freeze.

“Will you cut that out?” I asked angrily, my fingers growing numb by the second.

“Hold on, how did you know I was doing this to your fingers hmm Glitter?” he asked, obviously liking his game.

“Ugh, how would I know, you’re the only person here right?” I asked, looking away from his scary smirk.

“How can you say that, what if it wasn’t me doing it?” he asked, just until another figure like him walked up behind him, who also had the same smirk as he did.

I looked at them both in disbelief, and said, “Alright, this is so not funny.”

“Who said it was supposed to be funny?” I looked to my left to see another one of him sitting there, filing his nails.

I then looked back at the other two, and then before I could say anything, the George that was on my left asked, “Funny isn’t it? You’re speechless, just like you made me speechless when you zoomed right through me after Math class this morning.”

“Oh, so this is what you call ‘getting back at me’?” I asked as my body fumed.

“Oh, I didn’t say that,” said another one of him, who was standing right in front of me and my computer, leaning on the monitor.

“Ugh, George will you cut it out!” I said, looking at the real George who only shrugged, and said, “You tell me…how you know I’m the one doing this and not someone else?”

I looked around as a lot of George’ started appearing around me, and the room started spinning with them all having the same identical grin on their curious faces and before I could respond, I woke up in my bed, all sweaty and panting heavily.

I then looked around the room to see if George was there, he wasn’t. I then looked down at my whistle which was glowing yellow. Strange, why is it glowing yellow?

I tucked it under my nightgown and got up once I saw that the time was 5:45 AM. Guess I could go for a walk, it’s pretty early, I thought, liking the idea, and decided a walk would do me good, so I took out my clothes, and went for a shower, with my whistle still around my neck.

Later on that morning, I walked through the park, looking around to see that no one was up yet. I mean, who would be up at a time like this, especially in the morning?

I sighed, and sat down on a swing and began to swing as a replay of the too-real dream came back to me. I then heard birds chirping and the sky began to lighten. I smiled, and then frowned when my ears picked up a sound that was distant, but close at the same time.

I then heard someone breathing and they were coming towards me, and I turned to see a weird old man breathing heavily, as he walked up to me in a weird way, with his arms sticking out from both sides crookedly. His eyes were dead white, and his teeth were yellow, his clothes torn. His appearance caught me off guard, and I stood up, scared to know what terrible thing has cut him up so badly.

Then I saw a shadow lurk behind him, and cut his head right off, I didn’t want to watch what else happened to him, so I ran and ran until I was at the safety of my house.

I ran up to my bedroom, and closed the door, breathing heavily and sighed as I fell onto my bed, but felt something hard laying under my covers.

I got up slowly, and lifted the sheets and gasped at what I found.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah, writing this chapter gave me the creeps, but I got through it, what do you think? I'll try to make my chaps longer than the first three.