The Most Unusual Love Story

Chapter 6: Daddy

Still Berri's POV

They immediately stop and look at me. The woman in her black bra and panties tries to cover her nakedness with her dress.

"I er have to go" She says quickly frantically looking for her shoes. My dad waves and I stand there looking at them with horror written on my face. The woman rushes outside and I hear the sound of high heels making a fast rhythm going into the distance.

"What did I tell you would happen if I saw you downstairs?!" My father bellows, looking drowsy and drunk. He storms towards me and I make a run for it. I run upstairs and lock my door. Ever since my mum and my dad divorced, I had always needed that lock.

"OPEN THIS DOOR!!" He shouts and bangs on my bedroom door. "When I come inside....!" I ignore him and I go up to my wardrobe, opening it slightly. I grab the blue shoe box tucked in my clothes and open it. There was, my beloved razor.

"BERRI!! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" He bellowed. It rang in my ear but I ignore it. I pick up the razor and fold my jeans to the limit they could go. I take the razor and slice it through my delicate, white skin. It didn't look like it did anything but in a couple of seconds, blood starts to ooze out of my skin.

I gulp then make another one.

"Berri..!" My dad shouted banging harder. I fold down my jeans and open my window. I stuff my school bag with a bottle of coke, ready salted crisps and a bar of chocolate and of course, I stuff my pocket with my phone. I climb outside on the top branch of the tree that leaned next to my window and make my way down. As soon as I reach the ground, I run far away, trying to avoid my dad seeing me.

I was sick of my dad.

I'm on a quest to find my mum.

And I will find her and never come back.

I start to walk on, with my head held high. I am going to do whatever it takes to never revisit my living hell, which I have to call home. It wasn't even my home to me any more, it was a place I lived in with my biological father.

I take the coke out of my pocket and take sip. Shit, I was so hungry. I open the crisp packet and eat one, crisp, nibbling it to make it last. This was my last meal until I find my mum, it's no joke.

I look around at the houses, neatly lined up our street. Goodbye Walker Lane... I thought biting my bottom lip.

I only did that when I was nervous. WHY was I nervous?! My palm becomes sweaty and my heart beats faster.

What if my dad found out? He'll kill me. Literally. I turn back when a voice in my head says:

"You can't give up now" Stupid voice, it made me feel scared. I gulp and carry on walking out of my street.

Every bone in my body was weak and my body didn't want to call itself any more. Hang on, I thought trying to give myself courage.

A shadow creep behind me and I could see it's masculine figure (shadow) in front of me. I turn around.

"Matt??" I say. He puts his hands over my mouth and pulls me behind the tree.

"Berri... You have to swear to be quiet, I can't go back. please" He releases his hand and looks at me straight into his eyes.

"Why did you run away, Matt?" I whisper. Matt fiddles with his fingers.

"Seb didn't tell you?" He asked still looking down. I shake my head.

"Well, I... love Seb" It hit me. Love?

"You're..."

"Gay. I know" he said.

"Did you tell him?" I ask my eyes fixed on him. He nodded.

"He doesn't love me back.. It's going to be so awkward going to school and....stuff" He said, still fiddling around with his fingers. I nod and look at the floor.

"Why did you run away?" He asked, finally looking at me.

"Family issues" I mumble.

"Ah, family, you can't live with them you can't live without them" Matt laughs.

"I think I can live without" I say. I would be happier living without my dad, but the choices my mum made.

"Yeah.." He said.

"Erm, actually, I'm running away to my mum.."

"Oh! I'll help you!" He chirps in.

"Thanks" I say and Matt gets up and holds down a hand. I take his offer, getting up and brushing my trousers.

There we were, going off out of the world, into an adventure.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty big adventure :)

hope you like it and don't forget to please leave me a comment I want to know what you think of it thank you :)