Status: in the process of being re-written

Ravageuse

Seeing Red Again

Normally people are disturbed by the sight of dead bodies. The corpses give people an uneasy feeling and even make them sick. Jade wasn’t one of these people though. Dead bodies didn’t phase her. Three bodies were scattered at her feet; two snapped necks, one stabbed heart. It was her work, but it was work that she definitely wasn’t proud of. Jade was still dressed in the red lingerie that made this mission successful. Seduction was a key technique when it came to this work. Lure them in and do what needs to be done.

Slipping back into her black dress, she left the room without a trace of herself left behind. At one time in Jade’s life, she would think about the lives she took. She’d think about their friends and family and who would miss them. That was until she learned how to turn those thoughts off and make herself numb. Numbness made everything much easier. Because feelings aren’t allowed when you’re a skilled assassin, they’re just an inconvenience.

Once she boarded the aircraft that was waiting for her, she buckled herself in and enjoyed the silence. The pilot stared ahead and focused completely on his flying. Nobody talks about these kinds of missions or asks how they went. It was an unspoken rule that Jade was always grateful for because really, its not a topic that can be discussed casually over a cup of coffee.

Upon entering her apartment, Jade immediately stripped herself of all clothing and stood under the showerhead for god knows how long. She scrubbed away at the filth and layer of grime that covered her body, not wanting a single mark of what she had just done to be left. With her skin pink and raw, she stepped out of the shower and made her way over to her bed. She definitely didn’t have the energy to do her normal nightly routine before bed so she slid under the covers and closed her eyes. All she saw was red. Blood. Everything was red. And truly it isn’t that surprising considering all that she’s done in her life. The color red had been familiar to her since childhood. Red floors. Red walls. Red splattered on the tile, on her hands. Her eyes flew open. Sleeping pills. She needed her sleeping pills. She reached into her nightstand drawer and pulled out the pill bottle, dropping a few into her palm. She swallowed the pills and knew it wouldn’t be too much longer until she’d fall into a deep sleep. A deep sleep that included even more red. She never could escape the red.

“Aren’t you going to invite me inside? I thought we had a wonderful night,” Jade pouted at the man.

He smiled devilishly and opened the door wide for her to enter.

‘Oh, baby, you’re not the devil here' Jade thought to herself, smiling sweetly at him.

“Would you like something to drink?” He asked, making his way over to the kitchen.

“I think you know the answer to that,” she smirked.

He came back with two full champagne flutes.

“To a night we’ll never forget!” He said with a wink.

‘Don’t be so sure of yourself’ She thought as she bit her lip and their glasses clinked.

After taking a long sip, she placed the glass on the mantel and stepped closer to the man. She could feel the lust oozing off of him and it made her sick.

Lightly pulling on the lapels of his jacket, she stared up at him through her lashes.

“Can I ask you something?” She breathed with a look of innocence in her eyes.

The man was completely entranced, only able to slowly nod his head.

“Would you be happy if I were the last thing you ever saw?”

He blinked, taken aback by the odd question. Letting out a small chuckle he brushed it off. Women loved hearing stuff like this, of course she’d ask such a thing.

“Well, I guess I wouldn’t mind a pretty little thing like you being my last sight,” he responded.

She smiled, seeming satisfied with his answer.

“Good,” she started, moving her hands up to his face, “because that’s how its going to be.”

She only let a split second pass before snapping his neck, but that split second was enough to let fear flash in his eyes. His body dropped to the floor, completely limp.

‘That was too easy’ she thought. ‘That pig deserved much worse’.

If it were up to her, she would have tortured him a bit. Made him feel guilt. Made him feel terror. Made him feel pain. Just as he did to others. But she was given orders and if there was one thing Jade did right, it was following them.

It wasn’t the first time and it certainly wasn’t the last. Jade Collins was perfect for the job. Jade Collins was the Heartbreaker. And damn, did she live up to the name.
♠ ♠ ♠
This might be a little confusing... The italicized portion was her dream which was basically a flashback. Anyway you'll learn much more about our little Heartbreaker as time goes on.

Our favorite billionaire will be brought in soon enough!

:)