Status: in the process of being re-written

Ravageuse

They Hit Without Warning

It’s been three months since Jade started working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and her life has been significantly better ever since. But Jade has been dreading the day that the inevitable would happen. And she swears that whatever higher power existed, must hate her because the inevitable was thrown at her today. Jade never really worked well with others, she does much better on her own. No one else to drag her down or to worry about, just herself. She likes it that way and up until today, she’s been lucky. Jade calls it inevitable because honestly its not like she could work alone forever. Although she prefers it that way, Nick Fury made it very clear that she should wipe the thought from her mind. She really is good about the whole “following orders” thing.

“Remind me why its me going and not Romanoff?” Jade questioned the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

“I told you, Collins. She’s tied up with other commitments.”

“Yeah, like Barton’s bed,” Jade snorted. Fury gave her the evil eye and she really hated that evil eye so she decided it was best to keep her mouth shut.

“You will be flying out to the site with Stark. I need you to get in, find the information we need, and get out,” Fury explained.

Jade gave him an odd look. “You know this isn’t my type of assignment.” And it wasn’t at all. She was normally given missions that included seduction in order to get information. Not breaking into a site and attempting to get to the center of it for information.

“I know. But you’re the next best thing to Romanoff that we’ve got,” Fury answered.

Jade shrugged. “I’ll take that as a compliment, sir.”

“Good. Now get ready. Stark isn’t one to wait on others.”

After Jade suited up, she stretched as she normally did for the more physical assignments. She was still dreading this and finding out that she’d be working along side with Stark made it worse. What was Fury even thinking, partnering up the two for this? Because anyone who isn’t living under a rock knows that Tony Stark does what he wants, when he wants, and without anyone else’s consent. Jade had to mentally prepare herself for this if she didn’t want to end up turning on him in the middle of it all and attack him instead.

Jade sat on the aircraft, pacing in a very irritated manner. Ten minutes. They were supposed to leave ten minutes ago and Stark still hadn’t made an appearance.

“Stark isn’t one to wait on others? Well, neither am I,” Jade mumbled out loud.

“Are you talking to yourself? Because that’s one of the first signs of schizophrenia.” Jade whipped around to see Iron Man standing at the steps of the aircraft. His helmet was back and she stared blankly at Tony Stark’s face.

“You’re late,” she stated.

Tony lifted a finger. “Fashionably late. I don’t like to be earlier than fifteen minutes late to any event. This is early for me.”

“Whatever, let’s just go,” Jade signaled the pilot.

“Someone had a nice, tall glass of sass this morning,” Tony joked, looking Jade up and down.

Jade raised an eyebrow. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m not a play toy.”

“Just enjoying the view. I don’t recall ever meeting you before. You are…?”

Staring ahead, not in the mood for Stark’s pointless chit chat, she gave a short reply, “Jade.”

“And your alias?”

“Heatbreaker,” she replied.

“Heartbreaker? Kinda cheesy, if you ask me,” Tony said.

“Well, no one asked you. And it fits anyway,” she answered.

There was a silence before she spoke up again. “So what’s our plan?”

“Why is a plan necessary? Can’t we just blow our way through there?”

“No, we can’t. We’re not doing this your way because your way usually leads to a near death experience,” Jade said with a hint of irritation.

Tony rolled his eyes. “Not true. That was once and the whole crew made it out alive in the end. Isn’t that what matters?”

They’d been on the jet for only ten minutes and Jade was already incredibly annoyed with the man. She knew how reckless he was and she silently cursed Fury for teaming her up with him. Tony wasn’t even good at being stealthy, how the hell did Fury think this was a good idea? She had the sudden urge to bang her head against the wall of the jet because God knows how this mission is going to end up.

“You seem less than enthusiastic to be doing this. Believe me, the feeling is mutual. Not that I mind being locked up in a small jet with a pretty girl, but I don’t do these kinds of “missions”. I do the big stuff. You know, saving the world and all,” Tony explained.

Jade’s right eye twitched. There was no way she could deal with this level of arrogance. She needed this mission to be over with fast. She was thankful for the moment they finally arrived on the site.

“Alright, I’m going to get past those guards in the front. I need you to distract them though,” Jade said to Tony.

“Oh, I am not taking commands from a woman,” he groaned. “You know I can just blast open a hole in the wall and we could easily get in.”

“These aren’t commands, I just need you to do it, okay? Fury specifically said to not do that. Push your ego aside for a second and just listen,” she said through gritted teeth.

Tony sighed and nodded his head before covering his face with his helmet. Well, that was easy.

Jade was determined to get through this as quick as possible. “Once I tell you that I’m past them, meet me inside.”

“Got it. Don’t get too roughed up, doll,” Tony said through his mask before walking closer to the site, catching the attention of the guards.

The guards ran at him in a frenzy, pulling their guns out and shooting, although it didn’t effect Iron Man. It was the perfect move for him, considering the fact that it was damn near impossible for him to be sneaky.

Jade made her way over to the gates when she heard a sound coming from the right side behind her. Whipping around to the source of it, she saw a man with a gun pointed at her. She quickly grabbed his arm, twisting it up before he was able to pull the trigger. Putting her leg behind his, she kicked forward making him land flat on his back and ultimately knocking the wind out of him. Another one came from the left side and she kicked him in the face making him stumble backwards. She pressed her forearm against his neck and grabbed his hair, slamming his head into the wall behind him. The man passed out from the impact and slid to the ground in a heap. Jade flicked her hair over her shoulder and climbed over the gate, landing quietly on the other side.

“Iron Man, I’m in,” she said into her mouthpiece.

“So am I,” she heard his response.

“What?!”

“Did you really think I wouldn’t do things my way? I got in about three minutes ago. This place gives me the creeps. What is it, an experimental site?”

Jade grinded her teeth together. “Where are you?”

“I told you, I’m inside.”

She decided not to respond to him. She was pissed that he couldn’t just listen to her. He probably drew a lot of unneeded attention toward them now, which would make this mission ten times harder.

She couldn’t help but agree with what he said though, this place gave her the creeps too. It seemed abandoned, which was odd considering it had many guards outside of it. It felt like it was 200 degrees in there and the smell almost made Jade throw up.

“This place needs some serious TLC,” she heard Tony say through the headset and she found herself actually smirking at his joke.

“Oh. There you are.” She turned around to see Iron Man standing there and she walked over to him.

“What is this place?” She asked out loud to no one in particular.

“Isn’t that what we’re here to find-- Holy hell,” Tony cut himself off.

Jade turned her head to see what he was commenting on and her response was very similar. A mass of disgustingly mutated humans, if they could even be called that, was approaching them.

“Oh boy. I feel like I’m on the set of Dawn of the Dead,” Tony commented.

Jade ignored his comment and pulled her pistol out. She’s seen some fucked up things in her life, but this takes the cake. They were moving toward the two of them quickly and Jade wasn’t sure if she should shoot or not. Suddenly they were running toward them and she didn’t have time to hesitate anymore.

Aiming for the center of their head, like she’d seen before in zombie movies, she shot. One down, hundreds to go.

They were being completely surrounded by these creatures and even Tony couldn’t just blast all of them.

“This isn’t working,” Tony said.

“Ya think?!” Jade answered as she pulled out her second pistol, shooting both in different directions.

“Let me deal with them. You go do some snooping. Find where the hell they’re coming from and how,” Tony commanded. Normally Jade would have scoffed at receiving orders from someone like Stark, but right now she was too focused on getting out of here alive.

While Tony worked on getting the creatures away from Jade, she snuck away and went down an empty corridor. She looked around a bit and found nothing of significance until a quiet mechanical sound caught her attention. She walked over to where the sound came from but all she saw was a blank wall. Running her fingers along it, her fingers came into contact with a tiny hole in the wall. She leaned in closer to see that it was a lens. It was a camera built into the wall and someone, somewhere was controlling it. She was sure there were plenty of more scattered around the building.

“Tony, I think we’re being watched,” Jade spoke into her mouthpiece.

“At least we’re putting on a good show,” Tony answered.

“This isn’t the time to jo-” Jade began but was cut off.

Tony knocked down a few more mutations. “Jade?”

But all Tony could hear was static. “JADE?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, cliffhanger ;)

Sorry to do this to you guys but it had to happen.

Hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading, lovelies!