Status: in the process of being re-written

Ravageuse

Never Gonna Happen

“Its Friday, Jade. You know what that means,” Natasha said to Jade as they exited the training room at S.H.I.E.L.D. The two women just got done with a three hour session where they worked on different tactics and moves.

“That you’re going to invite me out with you and the others and I’ll say no like always?” Jade asked rhetorically.

Natasha rolled her eyes at Jade‘s stubbornness. “No, because this time you’ll say yes.”

“And why is that?”

“Because you’ve said no three times already and I don’t like rejection,” Natasha said with a smirk.

Now it was Jade’s turn to roll her eyes. “You’ll get over it.”

Natasha stopped in her tracks and grabbed Jade’s arm. “Please, Jade? I need a girl around. I don’t know how much longer I can handle Clint and Tony’s repulsive comments without another girl to back me up.”

Jade bit her lip and contemplated the option as she looked at Natasha’s pleading face. The two had grown fairly close since Jade started working at S.H.I.E.L.D. Or at least as close as either would let anyone get. Both of them were reserved and closed off women so it was harder for them to let anyone in their lives, but both had a sort of unspoken trust for each other.

“Okay, fine. But this is a one time thing! I won’t say yes again,” Jade answered, knowing she’d regret this decision.

Natasha’s green eyes lit up, “I’ll make sure you won’t regret it.” Its as though she read Jade’s mind and knew that she was already regretting saying yes.

Jade highly doubted that was even possible. Every Friday, Natasha went out with the other Avengers; Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, Bruce Banner (only because Tony dragged him along every time), and of course, Tony Stark. The group went to the same bar every time. Jade’s been there before and it was a real dive. It was normally pretty empty but that’s what the group liked most about it. It was probably the reason Bruce didn’t absolutely despise going, because god knows how uncomfortable that man gets in a crowded room.

“8 o’clock. See you then!” Natasha said with a smile as she exited the building.

Jade sighed and walked back to her apartment to get ready for what was sure to be one hell of a night.

--------------------------------------

“Oh look! The princess who thinks she’s too good for us has finally decided to join us.” Tony Stark called out from the bar as Jade walked in. It took all of her effort to not just turn around and walk right out the door.

“Shut up, Stark,” Natasha scolded him as she waved Jade over to the group.

Jade analyzed everyone as she walked over to them. Bruce was sitting at the bar with his forehead resting against his folded hands. Steve was also sitting at the bar, staring at the beer bottle in his hand with a poignant look on his face. Clint threw a dart at the dartboard and hit the bullseye while looking at Jade. Show-off. Natasha was in the midst of ordering another drink. Then there was Tony, sitting there with a shit-eating grin on his face that for some reason made Jade want to smack it off. But she decided it’d be best if she avoided doing so.

“Come on, have a seat! I saved you a spot,” Tony said to Jade who ignored his request and instead sat next to Steve.

Out of her peripheral vision, she saw Tony lean forward against the bar to look at her. “Now is that any way to treat your partner in fighting crime?”

Jade scrunched up her face. “That was one time and do you really want to bring that up right now considering the outcome?”

Tony raised his hands in defense. “Just trying to make friendly conversation.”

“Should I move?” Both Tony and Jade stopped their bickering to see Steve sitting in the middle of them, looking a tad bit uncomfortable.

Jade smiled sweetly at Steve. “No, you’re fine right where you are.”

Tony rolled his eyes before getting up and walking over to the spot next to Jade. She grinded her teeth together in irritation and ordered a glass of scotch.

“Scotch? Nice. My kind of girl,” Tony commented as he sat down. Jade looked around to see that everyone else seemed distracted and were paying no attention to the two.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“No.”

“Why do you dislike me so much? I mean, normally people have a hard time resisting the charm and all,” Tony said casually.

Jade scoffed. “Charm? What charm? And would you like a list of reasons of why I do like you? Because that’ll be much shorter. In fact, it doesn’t even exist.”

“Ouch, your words burn me so,” Tony said, placing a hand over his heart. “Also, you haven’t been answering any of my texts.”

“You annoy me,” Jade stated in a flat tone.

“Pepper says the same thing to me but you don’t see her ignoring me all the time.”

“That’s because she works for you. She has to answer you,” Jade said before drinking the scotch in one big gulp.

“You playing hard to get only makes it more fun for me, I hope you know that,” Tony said.

Jade finally turned to look at him and smirked, placing her hand on his thigh. His eyes widened for a second until he was able to gain his composure again. She leaned close to his ear whispering, “I don’t play games. If I want something, I go for it. So take a hint.” With that she backed off and left him at the bar, gaping after her as she joined Bruce and Steve at the pool table.

“You seem to have left Tony speechless. That’s not an easy thing to do,” Bruce said to Jade as he handed her a pool stick.

She shrugged. “He thinks he’s hot shit.”

Steve furrowed his eyebrows. “Hot shit? I don’t understand…”

Jade held back a laugh. “He thinks he’s special,” she explained. Steve nodded his head in understanding. “You’ve got that right.”

“So who’s team am I on?” Jade asked, realizing that there were only three of them playing.

“Mine.”

Scratch that. Four. Jade saw Tony standing there and she almost punched him square in the face. But that would just add fuel to the fire. Acting irritated only made Tony see this as more of a game.

“Okay, fine. We better win,” Jade said before hitting a striped ball.

--------------------------------------

By the end of the night Jade was slightly tipsy and still complaining about losing to Steve and Bruce.

“I blame it on you. You have horrible aim, Stark,” Jade said, waving her finger at him. Okay, so maybe she was more than slightly tipsy.

“I’m sorry, but I think your intoxication level had something to do with it,” Tony responded.

Jade shook her head and apparently too fast because suddenly the room was spinning and there were three Tony Starks standing in front of her.

“Woah. Three of you? I can hardly handle one,” she said before her knees buckled beneath her.

But instead of feeling the cold ground, she felt two arms wrap around her, pulling her up. She looked up and saw that she was inches away from Tony’s face. The intoxicated portion of her mind yelled at her that this was way too much of a movie moment to pass up and that, yes, she should kiss him. But the slightly sober compartment rejected the thought immediately and mentally kicked herself for even considering it.

“Oh, too cliché. Get off!” Jade exclaimed, pushing Tony away. Jade realized that pushing him away was a bad idea because soon after she found herself on her knees, releasing all the content in her stomach.

“Oops,” Jade muttered as she looked down at the mess in disgust. She felt almost completely sober now and had the sudden urge to say “I told you so” to Natasha.

“Looks like you’ll be coming home with me after all,” she heard Tony say as he scooped her up in his arms and if she wasn’t so out of it, she would have protested and beat the shit out of him. But before she even got the chance to, everything started to fade away and soon enough Jade was passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm going to apologize again for the delay. Midterms have been killing all my time.

I'm still not getting as much feedback as I would like, but I won't whine about it. I'll just ask that maybe you guys can provide me with some? It'd be very appreciated. Silent readers make me sad.

Thanks for reading, loves!