Status: in the process of being re-written

Ravageuse

Million Dollar Man

Being constantly under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s watch was really starting to take its toll on Jade. Ever since her little freak out, its as though they felt she needed a babysitter 24/7. There was always someone from S..H.I.E.L.D. everywhere she went. It was exactly why she decided to stay hidden in her apartment today. But as always, Jade's luck was running low and she muttered a slew of curse words when she heard three knocks on the door.

She tried to ignore the sound, but the knocking became more incessant with each passing second. Rolling her eyes, she got up from the couch and opened the door. And of course, the person she's been avoiding most since the incident was standing there holding a box of Tim Hortons doughnuts. Jade went to slam the door, but found that doing so was impossible due to the foot stuck in the door.

"I knew you'd try that, I was prepared," Tony said. "You owe me an explanation. Or at least an invitation into your apartment. Plus I brought your favorite," he said, gesturing to the box of doughnuts.

Jade knew she'd have to face him eventually and to be completely honest she was surprised this didn't happen sooner. Not to mention that she wasn't one to turn down Tim Hortons… Knowing she might regret this decision, she opened the door for him and let him inside. She caught the smile on his face as he walked in. The smile that meant 'ha ha I just got what I wanted'.

"Cute pajamas," Tony commented, looking Jade up and down. She remembered that all she had on was a pair of comfortable shorts and a t-shirt with cats all over it.

She made a face at him before reaching for a chocolate doughnut and biting into it. "So what do you want?" She said with a mouthful of doughnut. Tony looked fairly amused as he watched her talk with food in her mouth.

"Dinner. Tonight. Somewhere fancy," he explained, growing more amused once he saw her eye slightly twitch.

"No. How many times do I have to tell you no before you get it?" She asked, finishing the doughnut.

"Oh come on. You sort of, well you know, owe me. After almost killing me and all…"

Jade knew he was right. She owed him at least an explanation. But did it have to be over dinner? Couldn't she just tell him now? She was about to suggest this, but then she noticed his eyes and how he was looking at her. It was like he was a lost puppy… or something. Never in a million years did Jade think she'd be comparing Tony Stark to a puppy, but here she was. It was a bit disturbing so she found it best to just ignore the thought.

"You know you want to," Tony pressed.

Jade thought over what the consequences of saying yes were. The cons were obvious… If the press saw, they'd get the wrong idea and run with it. Tony might get the idea that it was a date. Or he'll just say it was a date anyway because, well, he's Tony. There were some pros too though… If she did go, then maybe Tony would back off and be satisfied with the fact that she said yes at least once. She'd give him her explanation and then he'd stop asking about it.

Deciding that the pros outweighed the cons in this case, she agreed. Tony looked surprised for a moment at her acceptance, but quickly recovered with a smug smile.

"Perfect. Be ready by seven," he said.

"Got it," Jade replied, walking Stark over to the door to lead him out. She let him out of the apartment, but before he disappeared around the corner she remembered something important. "Hey Stark!"

He stopped in his tracks and looked back at her. "No flying," she stated, making him chuckle. "No worries. Bugatti it is."

Jade held back a smile. He would drive a Bugatti.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK! For the ones who are still around... I am so sorry. I feel like I'm always apologizing in these author's notes. I just suck that much.

Since I'm done with classes in about two weeks, I'll be updating much more. I'll finally have time to dedicate to this story. Thank you so much for the ones who stuck around and waited. If any of you have... I love you. This is a short chapter, but they'll get longer again. Just wanted to give you guys something to read!

Thanks for reading, babes!