‹ Prequel: Another Love Tale

Does A Heart Ever Really Mend?

Go Back To The Start

I packed up all my stuff; my clothes, my books, my shoes, my Russy Roo, just everything. I managed to squeeze it all into two suitcases. I got all the money I had in my piggy banks at the house and then wrote my parents a note.

The Note Read:

Mum & Dad,

I love you both very much, but I can't stay here anymore.
I thought coming back to England would help me to move on but it's only making thing worse. I need to be with him, where I last got to lay my eyes on him.
I love him so much, I can't bare to be half way around the world.
And I know what your thinking, Devon he's dead.
But that doesn't matter to me, I need to be in America, I'll feel so much closer to him.
I know it may be hard to understand, but I have so many questions that have been left unanswered and well I need to talk to people, I need to know what happened, I just need to know.
I know it's a strange and unusual request to know what happened, but until I do I won't be able to rest.
I just feel like I have no life.
I found the one and I let him slip right out of my fingertips, and I want to be near him.
I may even go and see his parents
I love you with all my heart, but I'm growing up and it's about time, I made my own decisions.

Thank you for being there for me through everything and being the best parents ever, I'll call you once I've settled in.

Love from,

Your baby girl Devon xoxoxoxoxox

I walked out the door and ran to my car, I placed the bags in the boot, and jumped in, I wiped away the tears and drove.

I drove to the bank. I took all my cash out of both my accounts and then drove to the car dealers.

"Hello, I'm looking to sell this car" I said to the worker.
"Okay, just let me get the boss"

I waited. A man who like so much like Alex came out to talk to me.

"So you want to sell?"
"Yes"
"I'll give you fifty grand"
"fifty five"
"Deal"

I handed over the keys and got my stuff out the boot. I walked to a cafe and called for a taxi. The taxi arrived ten minutes later.

"To Gatwick airport please"
"Okay"

We drove for three hours passing many beautiful hillsides, houses and buildings. Usually that would make me happy, but nothing seemed to make me happy anymore. The world was a cold, dark, heartless place.

I arrived at the airport, gave the driver his money and wheeled my suitcases to the check in desk. I checked in and two hours later, I was boarding a plane again. I sat in my seat by the window and waited.

I woke up as the plane's wheels hit the floor.

"Wow, about five hours of sleep without that nightmare" I thought.

I got off the plane, collect my suitcases, got in a cab, arrive at the hotel I met Russell at and walked in. I looked around, nothing had changed, I know it hadn't been long but it looked like it did when I arrived the first time with the evil monster. I checked in and went to my room. I unpacked all my clothes and changed into grey jogging bottoms, a white top and a grey boy hoodie.

I returned back to the lobby, an hour later.

"Let's go to the meeting room" I thought

I walked down there and entered it. I stood leant up againist the back of the door. The memory of Alex hitting me to the floor replayed itself right in front of me. I walked over to the spot where I fell, I knelt down, and the memory of Russell finding me came to life.

I fell back onto my ass and looked at it, watching the man I love regardless find me wounded, was to much to handle.

I got up and walked back to the lobby, I stood near the desk, and then when I heard a fimilar voice..........