‹ Prequel: Another Love Tale

Does A Heart Ever Really Mend?

Being In Your Arms Again

I heard the footsteps of everyone walk away. I opened my eyes and moved my head back. Russell's perfect eyes were staring into mine. I smiled and bit my lip.

"I missed you" he said, his eyes watering again
"I missed you two, but I.....I"
"I know you thought I was dead"
"Yeah, I'm so sorry, and after I promised not to leave you"
"It's okay, you left so quickly, thats what my parents said anyway"
"Yeah, I thought you were gone and well I was confused" I cried.
"It's okay, I love you"
"I love you two, but"
"You wanna know how I'm still here?"
"Well, yes"
"Okay, this is what happened" He began, I leant back to listen to him, "Well when you left the room, I quickly stood up and we both began wrestling for the gun after I'd knocked it out of his hand, the first shot hit into the wall, the next one in his leg and the third one into my lower smotach, then we dropped to the floor and the gun went off a couple more times, luckily the bullet didn't go in too deep, and when you found me I was still alive but I had stopped breathing for a bit, when the doctors came in, and began breathing again. They took me into the hostipal, and managed to remove the bullet and told me that I was gonna be just fine" He smiled.
"I'm so glad, I really did think you were"
"I know, sweetie, but I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" He said, pulling me into another hug
"Oh Russell, I don't want to ever leave your arms"
"You won't"

I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"So how long have you got to be in a wheelchair for?"
"Another week"
"Oh, well" I sort of smiled
"What does that mean?" He replied trying to see my face.

I moved my head back to look at him

"It just means that I'll have to take care of you" I winked.
"Oh! Do you now?" He smiled
"Yeah I can be your little nurse"
"Well then we'll have to get you a uniform" He laughed.

I cuddled back into him. I felt his grasp get tighter.

"What about Alex?" I said after remembering
"They never found him, they thought he'd return to the UK"
"Well he didn't come back to work, but I'm still getting paid"
"Oh, well maybe you could let the police track where the money is being sent from"
"Of course, I'll do anything to help you find him"
"I'm glad"
"Why do the police want him?"
"They want to question him, and he's going to prison for attempted murder"
"I'm glad, he'll be going away"
"Devon, he's extremly rich and he'll just post bail"
"Oh"
"If they had him for something else, he would have to spend a year in there before posting bail"
"You mean like say he raped someone?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Just wondered"
"Devon?"
"What?"
"Did he do anything to you?"
"No"
"Devon, promise?"
"I can't" I cried
"He raped you, didn't he?"

I cried into his chest and Russell hugged me tighter and more lovingly.

"Devon? Please tell me"
"Yes, he did" I cried
"Oh baby, don't worry if you don't wanna tell anyone, we'll keep it to ourselves. I love you"
"I love you two"

I stood up and looked at him.

"This is what you've done to him" I thought.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Do you want to go to my room?" He asked
"Of course I do"
"Or shall we go get your uniform?"
"Which ever you want to?" I smiled.
"Uniform" he laughed.

I walked behind him and began pushing him out of the entrance. I pushed him down to a small sex shop, with him giving me directions.

"How do you know where this shop is?" I asked
"Swisher brought me here when dad, when he was getting something for his wife"
"Oh, so you've never been here to get a girl anything?"
"Dev, your my first girlfriens, if you still want to be my girlfriend that is?"
"Of course I do" I said kissing his head
"I'm glad, because the three weeks you haven't been here, have been horrible, please never leave me again, please?"
"I won't I promise" I kissed his head again

I pushed him in the door and we began looking at all the uniforms they had in there. He pointed to some and I picked up the ones he pointed to in my size. He paid for them and then I pushed him back to the hotel. We went up to his room, the same room I had been in all the other times. I walked into the bathroom and as I did he wheeled himself into the bedroom. I put one of the uniforms on and walked back out to find him sat on his bed.

A huge smile appeared on his face, when I stood there in an extremly tight, short, white dress, they had a very low V cut, that showed off my boobs. I had on a little white hat on with a red cross in the middle. I watched as his couldn't contain his excitment and the Empire State building became open for business again. I smiled.

I walked over to his bed and stood in front of him. I put one leg on either side of him and sat on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my waist.

"Oh what seems to be the problem, Mr Martin?"