‹ Prequel: Another Love Tale

Does A Heart Ever Really Mend?

For A Daughter

I woke up to him watching me sleep. He smiled his beautiful smile, creating his cute lines on his face where he has smiled a lot before. I smiled back at him and sat up. I pulled the sheet around me and sat crossed legged on the bed next to him. He sat up shortly after, placing the over sheet over his beast. He leaned on his hands that were strecthed out behind him. I sat there admiring his sexy tattoos.

"You okay, angel?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine, just tired, are you okay?"
"I'm perfect, I've got you"
"Aww, Russy"
"What are you staring at?"
"Your tattoos"
"Oh"
"There sexy, well your sexy" I smiled.
"Thanks, your sexy to"

I sat on top of him, and his beast woke up from underneath me. I laughed and he laughed back.

"What are they?"
"What my tattoos?" he said

I nodded my head.

"Well on my left arm is a giant bull whoses horns are wrapped in chains that disappear into my skin, on my left side is the seven deadly sins in Latin and the other side is the seven deadly sins in French" He smiled.
"Wow, I love them, they make you look more sexy, if that's even possible"
"Aww"

I ran my hand over his tattoo on his arm and down to his scar on his tummy. I still felt bad about it. He smiled and I smiled back, but I was aware that he could see the sadness in my eyes. He pushed the covers off of me, so I was sat naked on top of him, he put he hand on a scar on my inner arm and then kissed it.

"Devon, you have many scars"
"I know"
"How did you get them?" He asked.
"Doesn't matter"
"It does Dev, tell me"
"It was nothing"
"Devon"
"When I was fourteen, I had this boyfriend and well he use to hit me when I didn't do what he wanted, and one day he got a knife and stabbed me in the arm and hip, but luckily nothing was serious, and they healed in scars, and for all the other ones, my dad use to abuse me"
"Oh Devon, why did your dad abuse you?"
"Because we weren't finically stable and my mum was depressed and he just took everything out on me"
"My little baby, I promise I'll never hurt you, your my princess" He cried hugging me into him more.

I held him as he cried from the news he had just recieved. I would have cried but I've cried so many times over being abuse that it's just not worth it any more, I'm scared of being loved but I could never tell him that. I'm scared now.

He pulled his head back and looked up slightly at me, he kissed my lips and when we stopped, I wiped his tears away with my fingers.

"I don't like seeing you cry" I said sadly.
"I just don't get why anyone would hurt you"
"Russell..... i'm scared" I bite my lip
"Scared of what? Baby I'm not going to hurt you, I promise"
"I'm scared of being......"

Moments passed...

"Can I really tell him this? How will he react? Will he still love me?" I thought

"Of being loved" I cried placing my head into him.
"Oh Devon, don't worry, I love you and we'll work through this" He said.

I felt him smile againist my shoulder. He kissed me along my shoulder and up my neck then back again.

I always feel safe in his arms, and when he kisses me the world stops.

"I don't find it hard to let him love me, he's perfect and makes me feel beautifully perfect, darn this man" I thought.

I moved my head and we kissed again.

"Russell"
"Yes, my angel"
"What if I'm like my dad when we have kids?"
"You won't be, you'll be an amazing mother"
"You think so?"
"I don't think, I know"

I cuddled into him even more and I heard him softly singing into my ear. I closed my eyes and felt so much more safe.