Status: one and done

No One is Normal

one

BTR LH. That was his license plate. I knew it from anywhere. I guess that is one of the things you learn to remember when it comes to being a reporter.
“Logan, can I get a quote? Anything?” I yelled to the dark headed man walking from his black Audi to the Ritz in New York City. I heard that familiar chuckle and kept following him into the hotel. I put away my notepad and grabbed the brunette’s hand. His fingers slid over mine in a gentle way.
“Welcome to the Ritz Hotel, Mr. Henderson. Your room is ready and waiting. Ellsworth, please show our guests to their room.” The hotel manager started blabbering about because Logan was in his presence. I don’t know how, but this particular manager always seemed to get tongue tied around any celebrity I have ever seen him interact with, no matter their fame size.
As we followed Ellsworth, Logan started to whisper suggestive things into my ear. Some of these suggestive things were quite perverted and so I giggled and said no way. The boy escorting us gave us a couple of weird looks and finally opened the door to our room.
“Let us know if you need anything, Mr. Henderson,” the boy said and was gone a second later.
“He was a weird one,” Logan stated. I shrugged and shed my winter coat. “Now, what do you say we cozy up, turn on one of those cheesy chick flicks, and order room service? It is really cold out and I don’t think either one of us should leave this room for days,” he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.
I leaned back into him fully content. “You know we can’t do that. You have a tour you have to get back to and I have reporting to do. But I may be convinced to stay a little longer if I can get a good quote from you?” I suggested looking back at him. His eyes tugged at a smile, I knew he was fighting it, but he just can’t around me.
He slowly let me go from his grasp as he sighed and went to sit on the bed. “Sometimes I wish that our real lives didn’t exist. I wish it was just you and I, as a normal couple. Not a couple who is sneaking around the other reporters’ backs and the fans too. Sometimes I wish I could just stop being in BTR. I just want to go back to how things were. I was normal.” He looked so frustrated at that moment. I didn’t know what had gotten to him, but apparently, it hit him hard.
“Logan, you were never normal. That’s why you made it this far. And me, I wasn’t ever normal either. Its life, no one ever is normal.” I went and sat beside him on the bed, taking his hand in mine.
“There is a different kind of normal I wish I had. And even then, I would want you in it.” I blushed and kissed his cheek.
“Come on, let’s go take a shower. When we are done, we will order in and just relax. That’s our normal,” I suggested and he smiled lightly. His fingers brushed across my palm.
“Thank you,” he quietly said.
“For what, Lo?” I asked in confusion.
“For being there for me, I know it was a random breakdown, but it still means a lot that you can calm me down so easily.”
“It’s my pleasure; just don’t go finding yourself another reporter, alright? I’m the only one who should be getting inside access to you and BTR,” he chuckled at that and kissed me, a kiss that I felt all the way down to my toes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long and it is short. It's the best I can do with stupid writer's block.